Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

What Next ?

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-21-2020, 09:51 AM
Jovi FANatic

Default What Next ?

As good as 2020 is an album, Jon has to admit it has flopped worldwide. 1st week sales around the world of around 60k is nothing short of woeful . Who's to blame ? poor choice of singles ( nothing new )... lack of promo ?....Jon getting involved in politics ? Or is it down to the fact they have simply lost their audience with the continued change of sound ?

Like I said 2020 is a great album from start to finish in my opinion , a fantastic collection of songs .

With them not touring this record at all now, should they go on to the next one, try n patch things up with Richie or should they call it a day ?

I hope its the former , cant really see Jon wanting to go out like this, surly he would want the final tour/album with the original 5 or at least Richie back by his side.!

Sod the trends, release a proper Rock album, the fans want it and see what happens. All bands have dips but jovi are in a deep hole and need to get out of it.

http://www.facebook.com/eddie.bland

Old 11-21-2020, 10:45 AM
Price of posting

Default What Next ?

Think you summed it up by saying “sod the trends”....but Jon cant.
2020 is decent in places but it’s clearly not what Jovi fans want from Jovi.
This time the fans haven’t bought it and because they can’t “sell” it with tickets the real numbers have been found out. The same terrible sales would have happened with THINFS as well.

Jon’s paying the price for losing Richie, chasing trends and releasing music that fans don’t associate Jovi with. You need to know what your fans want (see Ac/Dc who have just sold 62,000 copies in UK of power up) and BJ fans having been dropping off album by album.

The only thing that saves this band is a balls out rock album. Jon may not like the boy/girl songs but they are what he does best and the fans love most. Yes he can write about modern day stuff happening in the news but make it in the Hey God way.

Plus if a certain someone come back interest would be much higher. The partnership would be back and songs would be better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Last edited by steel_horse75; 11-21-2020 at 02:39 PM..
Old 11-21-2020, 12:52 PM
Jovi FANatic

i think its time for changes...
2020 was a great record but imho jon must move on, get Richie back, write some more songs, change the producer jon shanks to fresh things up and and try to sell the come back in a way...
he could really open the vault and share some great moments to remind everyone how good they used to be. try more intimate stuff like a small theater tour for promo reasons. he must get out of his comfort zone and try end this impressive career with a bang. i dont say he must retire but sadly bj cant go on forever, richie has problems, tico is not getting younger so he must look into all these and direct a great ending.
Richie must come back, and they should try to deliver their best shot.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:27 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Think you summed it up by saying “sod the trends”....but Jon cant.
2020 is decent in places but it’s clearly not what Jovi fans want from Jovi.
This time the fans haven’t bought it and because they can’t “sell” it with tickets the real numbers have been found out. The same terrible sales would have happened with THINFS as well.

Jon’s paying the price for losing Richie, chasing trends and releasing music that fans don’t associate Jovi with. You need to know what your fans want (see Ac/Dc who have just sold 62,000 copies in UK of power up) and BJ fans having been dropping off album by album.

The only thing that saves this band is a balls out rock album. Jon may not like the boy/girl songs but they are what he does best and the fans love most. Yes he can write about modern day stuff happening in the news but make it in the Hey God way.

Plus if a certain someone come back interest would be much higher. The partnership would be back and songs would be better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don’t think as a touring act the numbers will fall because they have a great body of music and are in the “ Classic Rock , legendary “ market . Maybe a bucket list gig for many , like mine is the stones who I’m a big fan of but can never get a ticket .

Jon doesn’t want to be known as a nostalgia act but that’s where they are now in my eyes .... AC/DC are far more relevant than jovi ... because they have such a big hard core following and also I know of non rock fans buying new album on the back of “ shot in the dark “ ... it was all over radio , tv adverts , billboard posters etc . Not sure why jon has insisted of moving with the times to stay relevant when it clearly hasn’t worked as the numbers drop with each record .

They know the money is in reunion tours , the fans want it , surly the promotors have it in their minds for 40th anniversary tour ... it’s a no brained to me and I’m sure jon & Richie want it as well

http://www.facebook.com/eddie.bland
Old 11-22-2020, 07:48 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
i dont say he must retire but sadly bj cant go on forever, richie has problems, tico is not getting younger so he must look into all these and direct a great ending.
Richie must come back, and they should try to deliver their best shot.
Otherwise I would agree, but unfortunately there's no "great ending" to Bon Jovi's career with Jon's current vocal abilities.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:42 AM
Next 100 Posts

I know it's a long shot and it probably won't happen but when Jon decides its time to hang it up I want Bon Jovi to reunite with Richie and just write and record a full blown rock album in the same vein as Slippery & New Jersey records. Just to pay tribute to the band's origins before they decided to hang it up for good. That's many years away because we all know Jon doesn't know when it time to stop and he's basically using Springsteen and Jagger as a gauge on when it's time to retire.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:47 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I honestly think Jon's voice doesn't have the power to do songs like that anymore. A lot of consider 2010/2011 to be some of the best Jon has been post Crush and he really struggled with Let it Rock live even then. Bringing Richie back isn't going to undo all of Jon's problems. His harmonies will make it a hell of a lot better though.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:02 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I honestly think Jon's voice doesn't have the power to do songs like that anymore. A lot of consider 2010/2011 to be some of the best Jon has been post Crush and he really struggled with Let it Rock live even then. Bringing Richie back isn't going to undo all of Jon's problems. His harmonies will make it a hell of a lot better though.
Let It Rock was actually the song I was most surprised by Jon's vocal capabilities in 2010 because that "seven days too soon" is friggin' high.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:23 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Not that we're talking about a real album here but despite Jon's limited vocal capabilities Jon can just use the 'studio tricks' he's been using on his vocals the last couple album releases.

Now back to reality I'm sure Jon will continue his normal album schedule despite the non-existent touring schedule. I mean the longer the band is off the road Jon can write and record demos for the next album. If he's even in that state of mind yet. Touring wise I'm sure the band will start touring again soon, there are few other acts that have scheduled shows for 2021, GnR being one of em'.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:30 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccritic101 View Post
Not that we're talking about a real album here but despite Jon's limited vocal capabilities Jon can just use the 'studio tricks' he's been using on his vocals the last couple album releases. .
Oh absolutely but we're talking about reunion tours. I think we're all realistic enough to know that even with Richie back, Bon Jovi will have a hell of a time with a "Successful" album without selling ticket/tour packages. Everything is just VERY transparent now.