Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sirius 2020 songs and stream

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 11-28-2020, 08:47 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I'm more speaking about this show in specific. On tour Phil takes the bulk of the solos (if not almost all depending on the tour) and the rhythm parts are split pretty equally. On the albums it's absolutely reversed but you can hear clear as day Phil's tone on this one which I do dig.

Old 11-28-2020, 08:57 PM
Price of posting

If there's anyone who doesn't fit into this lineup, it's Phil Boring. John Shanks does a pretty decent guitar job, he even has some great sparkles. However Phil doesn't fit in, damn it, I'm sure if you let John Shanks do some Bon Jovi solos, he would do it more epic than Phil.

In the hypothetical case that Jon only could choose between one of those two guitarists for the next album + tour cycle, I like he would choose John Shanks. Phil X gives me absolutely nothing. And he's boring, because it's not his style of music and he probably thinks it sucks.

Jon will probably know this. That's why he trusts John Shanks more, the guy is really excited, and yes, he is probably fulfilling his dream, however I'm sure Phil is far from fulfilling his dreams despite being in a band like BonJovi.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 11-28-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Old 11-28-2020, 09:55 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I'd love to check out the parts with added keyboards, can you point me to what songs this happens during?

Lower the Flag's list of shootings is absolutely a live take. His inflection is a lot quieter here. The way he over-enunciates SEA-bring Florida is a giveaway.

There is a moment where I think Greg is playing guitar where it doesn't quite match what he's playing but I keep in mind this was probably a few multiple takes of video synced to one performance of audio.
As I have mentioned, I definitely hear keyboards while I can see him playing the acoustic guitar on Shine. I think it's also on Luv Can and American Reckoning.

I may watch it again and point out the exact parts. I wazched the stream yesterday (actually today for me) on my TV and 5.1 surround and I could hear the keyboards on American Reckoning coming from the back speakers
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 11-28-2020, 09:59 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
As I have mentioned, I definitely hear keyboards while I can see him playing the acoustic guitar on Shine. I think it's also on Luv Can and American Reckoning.

I may watch it again and point out the exact parts. I wazched the stream yesterday (actually today for me) on my TV and 5.1 surround and I could hear the keyboards on American Reckoning coming from the back speakers
Musta missed that, thanks! I'll take a look.

EDIT: Definitely hear some synth pads throughout American Reckoning but can see him taking his hand off the mandolin to hit the low piano note at 28:21. Definitely some editing here.

Last edited by Captain_jovi; 11-28-2020 at 10:04 PM..
Old 11-28-2020, 11:09 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post

I have the same feeling in some parts of Luv Can.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:09 AM
Blaze of Posting

I definitely think they either added the keys in post or more likely they were playing along to the bed tracks which could explain why it sounds so full and why they kept those in the same key as on the album....
Old 11-29-2020, 11:52 AM
Jovi FANatic

i agree with most of the fellow jovi talkers. phil x looks bored, he obviously didnt came up with the parts with the exception of the bd solo so he probably feels distant to the music and it shows..
shanks is more than decent guitar player, he is just not looking the part, but in an audio recording shanks fits the songs way way better.
in a way i believe its for the best that phil x cant truly fit and after all these years since Richie left to have a genuine second vrs. maybe jon didnt let him truly participate, maybe he didnt bring to the table what was needed but the end result is phil x looks like a hired gun who is there to give some rock flavour in the solos but doesnt trully fit there imo.
i truly enjoyed the film, have seen it 2 times by now and i ll keep watching it, some great moments in there.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:02 PM
Keep the Faith

It is obvious that there are keys prerecorded.
I dont see anything extrange on it.
Where is the keyboardist on U2 or in the Rolling Stones?
I have played many shows with my band without a bass player when he let us down,with the bass prerecorded.
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 11-29-2020, 02:29 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
It is obvious that there are keys prerecorded.
I dont see anything extrange on it.
Where is the keyboardist on U2 or in the Rolling Stones?
I have played many shows with my band without a bass player when he let us down,with the bass prerecorded.

Chuck Leavell is playing keyboard/piano/organ for Rolling Stones. On Ron Woods side on stage. Played with them since 82 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2020, 02:30 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk