1. Seeking constant validation
2. Lying
3. no self reflection
4. Being grandiose
5. being self-centered
6. being insecure

1. the obvious
2. Jon and Lying = NEVER LOL
3. No idea if he reflects his behaviour but from most interviews I ve seen over the years I have never seen Jon really taking responsibilities for his actions
4. the obvious
5. yes
6. yes, very likely

yeas, some of it is debateable but as I said, he ticks a few boxes. These are the same traits many celebrities share.

Again: so the psychiatrists who say that R.Kelly and Trump are also narcissists are also wrong because they don't know them personally

Last edited by faith1985; 08-30-2019 at 02:52 PM..
Old 08-30-2019, 03:17 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post
Again: so the psychiatrists who say that R.Kelly and Trump are also narcissists are also wrong because they don't know them personally
It is certainly click-baity bullshit, yes. But newsflash, Jacko also got his lethal dosage of drugs prescribed by a doctor. A degree doesn't make you a pure person. And I don't give a shit if Trump or R. Kelly are narcissists or not. There's enough to talk about with these two which we can base on facts and which concerns us. If R. Kelly acted great to women and if Trump did a great job governing the US, I wouldn't care at all what they are like psychologically speaking.

Speaking of which: Your list... the hell? He is a frontman. And you don't know the man. You know the frontman. Which is just as well: He as a private person is none of your business. His private life is private. It does not concern you.

Also, getting a proper psychological assesment takes years of practice and intense talks with the person. You can't just look up a list online and watch an interview. The only one who seems desperate for attention is whoever feels that this is a reasonable way to come to conclusions.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:19 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

I'm just wondering whether it's possible to be a truly humble, honest, laid-back rock/pop star, especially when you're a band leader. They all seem to share the same unhealthy personality traits Their determination to achieve success because they crave it SO MUCH seems to be the driving force most people don't give a crap about. So yeah, we shouldn't be surprised so few bands stand the test of time.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
I'm just wondering whether it's possible to be a truly humble, honest, laid-back rock/pop star, especially when you're a band leader. They all seem to share the same unhealthy personality traits Their determination to achieve success because they crave it SO MUCH seems to be the driving force most people don't give a crap about. So yeah, we shouldn't be surprised so few bands stand the test of time.
The public pressure and the rising attention when falling/raising from and to stardom has pretty much affected all of them in one way or another. Many of the frontmen are actually very introverted in terms of going all-out on stage and being rather neurotic, silent and lost in their thoughts off the stage (Springsteen, Jon, the lead singers from Bounce, Kissin' Dynamite, Toten Hosen etc.). That's only where I know it from knowing these people or from them or their band mates talking about it.

But maybe they're actually all suffering from a bipolar disorder? I can surely tick off some boxes if I searched for it on wikipedia.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:34 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

It'd be interesting to compare them. Maybe it's sort of 'social disease', something that's more common than not?
Old 08-30-2019, 04:39 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
It'd be interesting to compare them. Maybe it's sort of 'social disease', something that's more common than not?
I actually think that in terms of artists, being neurotic, insecure about the acceptance of one's work really is more common than not. I've also seen many comedians that have spoken in personal interviews about having similar character traits.
The spotlight doesn't seem to be to good for one's well-being in the long run
Old 08-30-2019, 04:58 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
I actually used the words 'he is probably not a full blown narcissist'. I do think he does have narcissistic traits.Psychiatrists are saying that Trump is probably a narcissist as well and they only see him in the media as well.
Again, everyone has narcissistic traits. No one needs an unfinished study to come up with that. Your analyzation however shows you don't fully understand the way it works. And yes, maybe Trump is a narcissist. Maybe he isn't. It might all be an act to satisfy the group of idiots who've voted for him. Who the **** knows?

Quote:
I do have a grasp of what a narcissist disorder implies.
No, you don't. You think your list with things shows he's a narcissist while you'll never know the full picture. You base your theory upon the few things you know while it's quite common knowledge Jon Bon Jovi is a very private person. That list you posted a reply later shows quite well how you lack the ability to connect the dots as you're taking shortcuts to justify your conclusion based upon your gut feeling towards Jon Bon Jovi coming off some stories you've heard.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I can read people quite well. That is not just a lable I put on myself, unfortunately I am hypersensitive in certain areas
You can't read people for shit. You're very judgemental however, and think your conclusions towards your opinion on a person are justified But you can't read people for shit. And lay off the "I am unfortunately hypersensitve" drama. It's not doing you any favors other than creating the typical "I studied (but didn't finish) psychology.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-30-2019, 05:03 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I actually think that in terms of artists, being neurotic, insecure about the acceptance of one's work really is more common than not. I've also seen many comedians that have spoken in personal interviews about having similar character traits.
The spotlight doesn't seem to be to good for one's well-being in the long run
But the same goes for narcissistic traits. And no, of course people lose their sense of having a healthy self-image when they recieve so much attention. Can you imagine being JBJ? Constantly having fans telling you how awesome you are? And then - at the same time- having insecurity issues many celebrities have?
Many of them suffer from depression and at the same time you have to put on masks and get through this attention bombing.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:13 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Again, everyone has narcissistic traits. No one needs an unfinished study to come up with that. Your analyzation however shows you don't fully understand the way it works. And yes, maybe Trump is a narcissist. Maybe he isn't. It might all be an act to satisfy the group of idiots who've voted for him. Who the **** knows?

No, you don't. You think your list with things shows he's a narcissist while you'll never know the full picture. You base your theory upon the few things you know while it's quite common knowledge Jon Bon Jovi is a very private person. That list you posted a reply later shows quite well how you lack the ability to connect the dots as you're taking shortcuts to justify your conclusion based upon your gut feeling towards Jon Bon Jovi coming off some stories you've heard.

You can't read people for shit. You're very judgemental however, and think your conclusions towards your opinion on a person are justified But you can't read people for shit. And lay off the "I am unfortunately hypersensitve" drama. It's not doing you any favors other than creating the typical "I studied (but didn't finish) psychology.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Wow, you are an absolute arrogant prick, sorry. You don't know me personally I was diagnosed with hypersensitivity. And I did finish my degree
And several people who know me have told me that I do have a very good sense of how people are. Even people I mdon't get along with.

But yeah, IF Supersonic says I cannot read people for shit, it must be correct and people who said that about me must be all wrong and the psychologist I went to after I was bullied for years must be wrong and so must be my former colleauge who just last week told me: you do have something like a sixth sense when it comes to people.

That being said, you are right, I am wrong. I cannot interpret people, you are a very nice person and not arrogant AT ALL

And regarding the 'shortcuts' I did say some of it would be debateable and I would never say Jon is a full-blown narcissist.
So when bonjovi90 says Jon is neurotic it is fine, when I say he is narcissistic I am delusional.

And you telling me I am very judgemental is a joke, right? I am judgemental when it comes to Jon and when it comes to arrogance or racists apart from that I am constantly trying to understand different sides.

And maybe you should take a look in the mirror for a change. You were constantly telling people Wembley was not good and you haven't even been there. And even though many people said they thought it was quite good, considering Jon's current state, you were still telling people they were wrong.

Last edited by faith1985; 08-30-2019 at 05:26 PM..
Old 08-30-2019, 05:41 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Wow, you are an absolute arrogant prick, sorry. You don't know me personally I was diagnosed with hypersensitivity. And I did finish my degree
And several people who know me have told me that I do have a very good sense of how people are. Even people I mdon't get along with.
Yeah, I'm the arrogant prick here. I'm not the one rambling how I'm able to diagnose a celebrity because it's part of a study I did.

Quote:
But yeah, IF Supersonic says I cannot read people for shit, it must be correct
No, you don't need me for that. You've just perfectly shown you can not read people for shit by the shitposts you're doing.

Quote:
and people who said that about me must be all wrong and the psychologist I went to after I was bullied for years must be wrong and so must be my former colleauge who just last week told me: you do have something like a sixth sense when it comes to people.
This is all irrelevant information, Bruce.

Quote:
That being said, you are right, I am wrong. I cannot interpret people, you are a very nice person and not arrogant AT ALL
Thanks, but I already know. Also, I'm not looking for the validation coming from a random German poster on a Bon Jovi messageboard.

Quote:
And regarding the 'shortcuts' I did say some of it would be debateable and I would never say Jon is a full-blown narcissist.

So when bonjovi90 says Jon is neurotic it is fine, when I say he is narcissistic I am delusional.
Yes, because they're not debatable. There is nothing to debate.

Quote:
And you telling me I am very judgemental is a joke, right? I am judgemental when it comes to Jon and when it comes to arrogance or racists apart from that I am constantly trying to understand different sides.
You wouldn't have to try to understand these different sides if you'd finished a proper psychology study and had done some work in the field. But you haven't, which leaves you as just a very judgemental person without having the proper background to back up your analysis.

Quote:
And maybe you should take a look in the mirror for a change. You were constantly telling people Wembley was not good and you haven't even been there. And even though many people said they thought it was quite good, considering Jon's current state, you were still telling people they were wrong.
This really is your best argument? Bringing in my opinion on Wembley? Are you on acid?

But yes, Wembley was a shit show. It was probably great fun to be there but it just wasn't very good. You were probably too busy analyzing that crowd with your hypersensitive sixth sense to take notice though.

Man, I am on a roll today. I'm telling you, because I'm arrogant.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Tags
2020 (album)