Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 08-30-2019, 04:42 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post
Wow, you are an absolute arrogant prick, sorry. You don't know me personally I was diagnosed with hypersensitivity. And I did finish my degree
And several people who know me have told me that I do have a very good sense of how people are. Even people I mdon't get along with.

But yeah, IF Supersonic says I cannot read people for shit, it must be correct and people who said that about me must be all wrong and the psychologist I went to after I was bullied for years must be wrong and so must be my former colleauge who just last week told me: you do have something like a sixth sense when it comes to people.

That being said, you are right, I am wrong. I cannot interpret people, you are a very nice person and not arrogant AT ALL

And regarding the 'shortcuts' I did say some of it would be debateable and I would never say Jon is a full-blown narcissist.
So when bonjovi90 says Jon is neurotic it is fine, when I say he is narcissistic I am delusional.

If you studied a psychlogy degree (you're not the only one, btw) then you should know better than what you have posted here. I guess you decided not to practice after college and don't have clinical experience?

For a start, a practicing psychologist would never say "I am good at reading people" because "several people have told me". Your body of work through your career would offer more validty, including any clinical studies you have undertaken, than what people have told you. All the terrible singers on American Idol were there because "several people told" them they were good.

Knowing that you studied a psychology degree has shocked me because frankly you should have learned (one of the first things) about analyzing people from distance and making conclusions upon it. For those who haven't studied psychology, that's a big no-no, day 1, standard of the science.

Theories are interesting and debatable, but conclusions and accusations are not. For example, I can say Jon actually displays very few narcissistic traits outside of the norm, especially when considering the life he has had. Trump does display many traits. So, I could theorize that one is a narcissit and the other isn't, but I would never betray my studies and career by arguing in definitive terms about it or even going on record with any meangingful opinion either way.

Another thing a good psychologist never does is presume their insight is supreme. That's how patients become worse, by the psycologist programming instead of guiding. You offered your degree as if that gives your opinion weight over someone else's. If we had all sat down with Jon in-depth then yes, your training would presumably allow you to make more accurate and lasting conclusions. As we have not, the people without psychology degrees are actually showing you up by displaying more grasp on the subject matter being discussed.

Also, you can only really be full narcissit or not, there's no middle ground. You either have a disorder or you don't. That does not mean people cannot have traits, but there is either a diagnosis or not. So Jon either is a narcissit or isn't, so your excuse of "I said he was not full narcissist" holds no weight. (And yes, I am ignoring the fact there are numerous levels of narcissim, each which would require the patient to be studied).

Finally, you're 100% correct, saying he is neurotic is also wild speculation with no foundational fact.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:50 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
If you studied a psychlogy degree (you're not the only one, btw) then you should know better than what you have posted here. I guess you decided not to practice after college and don't have clinical experience?

For a start, a practicing psychologist would never say "I am good at reading people" because "several people have told me". Your body of work through your career would offer more validty, including any clinical studies you have undertaken, than what people have told you. All the terrible singers on American Idol were there because "several people told" them they were good.

Knowing that you studied a psychology degree has shocked me because frankly you should have learned (one of the first things) about analyzing people from distance and making conclusions upon it. For those who haven't studied psychology, that's a big no-no, day 1, standard of the science.

Theories are interesting and debatable, but conclusions and accusations are not. For example, I can say Jon actually displays very few narcissistic traits outside of the norm, especially when considering the life he has had. Trump does display many traits. So, I could theorize that one is a narcissit and the other isn't, but I would never betray my studies and career by arguing in definitive terms about it or even going on record with any meangingful opinion either way.

Another thing a good psychologist never does is presume their insight is supreme. That's how patients become worse, by the psycologist programming instead of guiding. You offered your degree as if that gives your opinion weight over someone else's. If we had all sat down with Jon in-depth then yes, your training would presumably allow you to make more accurate and lasting conclusions. As we have not, the people without psychology degrees are actually showing you up by displaying more grasp on the subject matter being discussed.

Also, you can only really be full narcissit or not, there's no middle ground. You either have a disorder or you don't. That does not mean people cannot have traits, but there is either a diagnosis or not. So Jon either is a narcissit or isn't, so your excuse of "I said he was not full narcissist" holds no weight. (And yes, I am ignoring the fact there are numerous levels of narcissim, each which would require the patient to be studied).

Finally, you're 100% correct, saying he is neurotic is also wild speculation with no foundational fact.
Very well said. I enjoyed reading that.

Also, in my very humble I think this was one of your best posts. And I wouldn't be saying this if I was really this wildly speculated arrogant person she claims I am (I'm not!).

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-30-2019, 04:52 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Alright, getting too many complaints and messages from people annoyed in the direction and clutter. Please keep this thread about the album.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:00 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
I just quoted Jon on his, he said so in a promo interview in 2005. If he is in clinical terms, I am not to judge
Old 08-30-2019, 05:11 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:

Yes, according to psychology professors you can have narcissistic traits without being a full blown narcissistic person aka having the illness. Something I learned and that surprised me is that you don't need to be born but can get the illness with time I do agree that of course you need to study the person to diagnose him or her. I don't have a degree in clinical psychology and even if I had I agree that would never tell a patient I am totally right no question about it.
And having said that, for me, both Trump and Jon show signs that are not in the normal spectrum with Trump being more severe, Maybe Jon is not grandiose and it just seems that way to me and he is not constantly seeking validation but these are 2 main traits and Jon is constantly showing them, IMO

I am not perfect about reading people because I cannot attribute every single action to the right root. And I never said I am good in reading people before others have said claimes that I do have a certain way of seeing through them. As I said a few people from different walks of life said that to me. I did not say it to be arrogant or like: I m better than others. It is just that I trust my guts and this has never failed me in a way that something someone did I would have never expected.

It probably came across as I wanted to say I am an expert when I am not and I know I am not an expert but no one who is healthy psychologically would constantly feel the need to brag about their achievments and it can be a sign that you are deeply insecure.

Last edited by faith1985; 08-30-2019 at 05:32 PM..
Old 08-30-2019, 05:51 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Hey. Please. Stop. Make a new thread if you guys want to talk about this.
Old 08-30-2019, 07:31 PM
Jovi Freak

With regards to the album, was the information that there's gonna be a song about soldiers with PTSD already shared? Source.

Last edited by Alphavictim; 08-30-2019 at 07:45 PM..
Old 08-30-2019, 07:33 PM
The Distance

I'm so glad that I don't give a shit about any of this..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2019, 07:41 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post

With regards to the album, was the information that there's gonna be a song about soldiers with PTSD already shared? Source.
I think it was mentioned by Yovana at some point in the past. But it might have gotten lost along the way.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:10 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
But it might have gotten lost along the way.
How could this have happened?

Tags
2020 (album)