Official February 24, 2013, First Niagara Center, Buffalo thread

Tour Discussion

Old 02-24-2013, 01:02 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default Official February 24, 2013, First Niagara Center, Buffalo thread

Aloha !

Predictions, disappointments, reviews and rants about this show go in this topic.

1. You Give Love A Bad Name
2. Lost Highway
3. Blood On Blood
4. Because We Can
5. That's What The Water Made Me
6. It's My Life
7. When We Were Beautiful
8. What About Now
9. We Got It Going On
10. Keep The Faith
11. Amen
12. Someday I'll Be A Saturday Night (acoustic)
13. I'll Be There For You
14. Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars
15. We Weren't Born To Follow
16. Army Of One
17. Wanted Dead Or Alive
18. Who Says You Can't Go Home
19. Bad Medicine

Encore:
20. (You Want To) Make A Memory
21. In These Arms
22. Born To Be My Baby
23. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
24. Have A Nice Day
25. Runaway
26. Livin' On A Prayer

The last time Bon Jovi played Buffalo was on January 26, 2006. The only surprise in the set was I Want To Be Loved.

2 graphs showcasing the order of album and single tracks. A peak indicates the chart position in the Billboard Hot 100, thus a crowd possibly knowing such a song. The more peaks, the more familiar a crowd is with the entire set. In case no peak is noted the song either didn't chart or wasn't released as a single.

The first graph is of this show, the second one is of the previous time Bon Jovi played University Park:

Songs played per album:

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 02-28-2013 at 05:32 PM..

Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM
It's my post

I really like that Have a Nice Day Tour setlist. Probably because there are no Lost Highway duds, nor Circle duds like When We Were Beautiful or Work for the Working Man. Plus, it has about a million times better flow than the current sets they're doing.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Keep the Faith

I was at that show, and it was great. Both shows I've been to in Buffalo, in 2003 and 2006 were loads of fun, regardless of the lack of rarities played. The show in 2003 was my first Jovi Show and I absolutely loved every single minute of it. Songs 13-15 in that set listed were all acoustic/TFLR, unfortunately. Considering both shows were sell outs I'm somewhat surprised they skipped out on a return trip for the past 7 years. Of course since they haven't been this will give Jon an excuse to play material off of LH and The Circle b/c it's "new" to us. You know, b/c otherwise he's generally so restrained in peppering them in. I'm going tonight, and regardless of the less than stellar sets we've seen thus far, I'm ecstatic. It's going to be a good night.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey5150 View Post
I was at that show, and it was great. Both shows I've been to in Buffalo, in 2003 and 2006 were loads of fun, regardless of the lack of rarities played. The show in 2003 was my first Jovi Show and I absolutely loved every single minute of it. Songs 13-15 in that set listed were all acoustic/TFLR, unfortunately. Considering both shows were sell outs I'm somewhat surprised they skipped out on a return trip for the past 7 years. Of course since they haven't been this will give Jon an excuse to play material off of LH and The Circle b/c it's "new" to us. You know, b/c otherwise he's generally so restrained in peppering them in. I'm going tonight, and regardless of the less than stellar sets we've seen thus far, I'm ecstatic. It's going to be a good night.
I'm sure it will be. Enjoy the show!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
I remember making the drive to Buffalo on the HAND tour!! I loved that show and I had the worst seat, waaay back in the arena in the corner, lol!! But, even with the crap seat and not a stellar set list, I still enjoyed it.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Who Says was acoustic?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielC View Post
Who Says was acoustic?
O. Not so much. My bad - lol - I meant 14-16, i.e. IBTFY, Glory, Roses
Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 PM
These Days

Wow, the 2006 one was a hell of a setlist. I'd take down the two covers and add more Jovi songs, though.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 02-24-2013, 10:25 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezearis View Post
Wow, the 2006 one was a hell of a setlist. I'd take down the two covers and add more Jovi songs, though.
Keep in mind that the bar doesn't show that 2 songs of This Left Feels Right were played. The I'll Be There For You - Blaze Of Glory - Bed Of Roses section was very toned down and very dull. That set looks good now compared to what the band is currently playing but back then it was deemed rather poor.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 02-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinFan View Post
I really like that Have a Nice Day Tour setlist. Probably because there are no Lost Highway duds, nor Circle duds like When We Were Beautiful or Work for the Working Man. Plus, it has about a million times better flow than the current sets they're doing.
Couldn't agree more. Really the only song that adds anything to their live show since is WGIGO (and it kills me to admit that).

The only mistake on the HAND tour is the TLFR versions of IBTFY, BOG, and BOR/A.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...