Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Old Bon Jovi Posters and Pin-Ups

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Next 100 Posts

Default Old Bon Jovi Posters and Pin-Ups

I just recently came across my posters from the 80's & would like to preserve them as much as possible. Have any of you ever laminated your posters or what would you suggest? I'm putting magazine pin-ups in sheet protectors. Someone on another board suggested I use large clear envelopes. Problem is, the big posters were all put in wrapping paper tubes and would need to be flattened out 1st. The edges are also ripped a little & getting brittle. I just don't want them to get completely ruined. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 07-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Jovi Addict

I often laminate brand new posters or ones I have had for a few years that I have decided to keep. However, paper posters that are 30 years old probably have degraded somewhat and lamination will not stop that process. In theory aper needs protected in an acid-free environment in terms of keeping things for historical purposes or to pass on to the next generation. For your own personal enjoyment, lamination should be fine and will provide protection.

You might talk to an archivist at a local museum and get advice or even a good copy shop might be able to advise. [or google it, lol]