Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anything Thread

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-27-2016, 12:04 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I don't hear any difference in the bass tracks between Crossroad and the original, I don't think they were re-recorded. Hugh has confirmed he played on Prayer, etc, so why would they re-record what he already played on?
You've heard one demo, but possibly there was more than one take. Perhaps in the Crossroad time it was different because Alec distanced himself from Jon. But in the eighties until keep the faith, maybe, many shots rewrote. Only is my opinion.

Old 05-27-2016, 02:03 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
You've heard one demo, but possibly there was more than one take. Perhaps in the Crossroad time it was different because Alec distanced himself from Jon. But in the eighties until keep the faith, maybe, many shots rewrote. Only is my opinion.
I'm not sure what you're talking about? What demo? Hugh played on the released version and, I'd assume, the demo. What does the Crossroad era have to do with this, the tracks weren't re-recorded.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:28 AM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I'm not sure what you're talking about? What demo? Hugh played on the released version and, I'd assume, the demo. What does the Crossroad era have to do with this, the tracks weren't re-recorded.
So, in conclusion, Hugh played in albums like SWW but he was not mentioned in the booklet. And the Crossroad's songs are the same as the original, not re-recorded, right? I was confused by the info provided in the booklets...
Hit the sunrise, scared the daylight out of me...
Old 05-27-2016, 12:40 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's my faith View Post
So, in conclusion, Hugh played in albums like SWW but he was not mentioned in the booklet. And the Crossroad's songs are the same as the original, not re-recorded, right? I was confused by the info provided in the booklets...
Right. Hugh confirmed some time ago, that he played bass on all BJ albums except Bon Jovi (and Fahrenheit ?!), in addition to Runaway. He was also the one who wrote at least the KTF bass line, and I think Prayer, too.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Posting everyday

Yep, Hugh had confirmed (I think at least twice) that he had played on all Bon Jovi albums with exception of Fahrenheit. The first time was in an interview on his homepage way back (not available there anymore) and the second time was just a few years ago if I'm not mistaken.
Back in the day I think Alec was more needed for "live factor". If you listen to him playing the intro of KTF on that tour or his playing during the rehearsal shows for "An Evening With..." it becomes obvious that he could get really sloppy at times.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:23 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Yep, Hugh had confirmed (I think at least twice) that he had played on all Bon Jovi albums with exception of Fahrenheit. The first time was in an interview on his homepage way back (not available there anymore) and the second time was just a few years ago if I'm not mistaken.
Back in the day I think Alec was more needed for "live factor". If you listen to him playing the intro of KTF on that tour or his playing during the rehearsal shows for "An Evening With..." it becomes obvious that he could get really sloppy at times.
The way he played the KTF intro on that show made it so glaring that it wasn't him on the album version.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Jovi Addict

Do you see the subtle similarities between this song and We Don't Run, too? They have different melodies and different chord progression but the drums, the existence of the oh oh's, the guitar work partially, the verse structure have something in common....

Hit the sunrise, scared the daylight out of me...
Old 06-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Yep, Hugh had confirmed (I think at least twice) that he had played on all Bon Jovi albums with exception of Fahrenheit. The first time was in an interview on his homepage way back (not available there anymore) and the second time was just a few years ago if I'm not mistaken. [...]
You're not mistaken. And additional to this interview (I think it was the Q&A section) he also listed all Bon Jovi albums except Fahrenheit in his discography of albums he worked on.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's my faith View Post
Do you see the subtle similarities between this song and We Don't Run, too? They have different melodies and different chord progression but the drums, the existence of the oh oh's, the guitar work partially, the verse structure have something in common....

Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) - Part 1 of 11 - YouTube
Yep. The similarities on the guitars kick up a notch when you hear WDR live. The latter has faster-paced drumming though.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:16 PM
The Distance

Had a family BBQ the other day of all ages and threw on the live audio from TLFR just to see and it was a huge hit... it was kept at a moderate volume and really worked the mood... it was familiar music but not overwhelming. Can't believe that was 13 years ago already...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk