Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bon Jovi 2020 tour with Bryan Adams - Cancelled

Tour Discussion

Old 04-20-2020, 04:18 PM
Posting Always

Hopefully if they definitely delay the album they will come up with a new cover instead of the current monstrosity!🙄

Old 04-20-2020, 05:46 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I don't know if someone bought tickets on the THINFS Tour in the US and had to ask for a refund of the ticket after having had the physical copy of the CD. I do not know how it works, but if it is finally counted anyway, I could see why the release of the CD and the tour have not been officially canceled yet.

They may still be doing the numbers and see the impact it could have. Or maybe they are waiting every week to see how things are going.
Jon has already implied, in several interviews, that the tour definitely won't happen in 2020 - and 2021 looks iffy. I don't believe they're counting on selling more tickets for shows scheduled this summer. Especially knowing Ticketmaster has changed their policy regarding refunds for events that are rescheduled or postponed. The tour could be postponed indefinitely, instead of canceling it, and ticketholders are just slap out of luck. Sorry, Rolo, I admire your optimism; but in this case I think you're whistling in the dark.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:19 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Jon has already implied, in several interviews, that the tour definitely won't happen in 2020 - and 2021 looks iffy. I don't believe they're counting on selling more tickets for shows scheduled this summer. Especially knowing Ticketmaster has changed their policy regarding refunds for events that are rescheduled or postponed. The tour could be postponed indefinitely, instead of canceling it, and ticketholders are just slap out of luck. Sorry, Rolo, I admire your optimism; but in this case I think you're whistling in the dark.
At no time have I said that these concerts will be held, I'm just saying that you can still buy tickets, why? If Jon has said that there will be no more shows, why they is not canceled?. That's what I'm saying. We all assume that the album is overdue, but I go to iTunes and Amazon every day and they still keep the date. Included on the official website.

I am not saying that the concerts will not be canceled or postponed. I'm just saying that maybe they plan to release the album, and they need the ticket sales not to be canceled until the album is released. Then they can cancel the tour.

The album comes out on May 15. A week later, they count the digital sales and physical copies sent to the people who bought the ticket, and after those numbers are published on the billboard list, they could make a official statement canceling or postponing the tour, which is scheduled for 10 June.

It is possible that you are right, and that everything will be canceled, but other artists who have, have been updated on iTunes, Amazon (with a new date or no release date) and you cannot buy the tickets for the Tour on their respective official websites.

My point is ... about the Album, what do you think about all this, maybe they are working on a date to release the album? Or maybe they are waiting for the weeks to pass waiting for a better scenario?

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 04-20-2020 at 07:24 PM..
Old 04-20-2020, 07:43 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
At no time have I said that these concerts will be held, I'm just saying that you can still buy tickets, why? If Jon has said that there will be no more shows, why they is not canceled?. That's what I'm saying. We all assume that the album is overdue, but I go to iTunes and Amazon every day and they still keep the date. Included on the official website.
If they "Postpone" the dates without having rescheduled dates to announce, the tour will effectively be "cancelled" and they will have to give refunds. They will then have to have new onsale dates for the new dates and start from scratch with the ticket sales.

I'm sure that behind the scenes people are frantically trying to rebook the tour, so that they can announce rescheduled dates at the same time as the postponement so that they don't have to refund everybody. A big tour like this can be a pain to reschedule and venues are often held by artists up to 2 years in advance, and with the amount of tours being rescheduled at the moment, everyone is scrambling for venues on their desired dates. But this often takes lots of tweaking and moving things around. They need to have this all sorted before annoucing that the shows are moving. Until then they cannot take the current dates off sale. Not that it matters as no one is buying concert tickets for shows this summer at the moment.....

Last edited by Thinny; 04-20-2020 at 08:02 PM..
Old 04-20-2020, 08:02 PM
Something for the Posts

Looks like they have just announced that it's cancelled completely!
Old 04-20-2020, 08:03 PM
Jovi Fan

Tour cancelled. This is from Bon Jovi Twitter account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-20-2020, 08:08 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2020, 08:27 PM
Price of posting

Oh, what a coincidence that they announce it just now. An hour ago, I checked that I could buy tickets for the show. Now I can no longer enter and they have made an official statement.

They monitor this site. LOL

I wonder if they will do the same with the Album.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:30 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I respect the HELL out of them cancelling it and not postponing it so people won't get jerked around by Ticketmaster. Good on 'em!
Old 04-20-2020, 08:55 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I respect the HELL out of them cancelling it and not postponing it so people won't get jerked around by Ticketmaster. Good on 'em!

I agree Matt. Just got my refund notices for the MSG shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk