Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bon Jovi 2020 tour with Bryan Adams - Cancelled

Tour Discussion

Old 04-21-2020, 02:03 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
And the fact the Tottenham stadium is currently serving as a base of North Middlesex Hospital, so it's not happening. I guess the plan is to rearrange but they need to figure out the football season for when the stadium is available or find another venue
“Figuring it out” is not rocket science here. Stadium gigs can only take place in Europe during summers, so it’s either a postponement to the summer of 2021 or cancellation.

I think GNR is going to postpone. Ever since the reunion they have now spent almost 4 years on tour with (presumably) 0 hours in the recording studio. This is just a money machine to everyone involved, to the levels that Bon Jovi haven’t reached.

Old 04-21-2020, 09:44 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
A lot of artists have postponed (instead of cancelling), including Bryan Adams himself (his solo shows in London), Queen, Sam Fender. I'm sure there's many more, but I'm just naming the ones I was looking to see myself.
Yeah, but these are all European tours and none on the scale of 2 artists who usually have completely different schedules. Bryan Adams might have signed off on other dates at other places in 2021 already. Besides that, if everyone's postponing to next year there's pretty much no open openings left for Bon Jovi to fill. Not in the agenda of venues or agenda of road crews.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 04-21-2020, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
“Figuring it out” is not rocket science here. Stadium gigs can only take place in Europe during summers, so it’s either a postponement to the summer of 2021 or cancellation.

I think GNR is going to postpone. Ever since the reunion they have now spent almost 4 years on tour with (presumably) 0 hours in the recording studio. This is just a money machine to everyone involved, to the levels that Bon Jovi haven’t reached.
Yes but the figuring out with football , here at least, seems to be the pointless determination to complete this season come what may and whether this then shifts the date of following seasons making the usual summer availability up in the air before these concerts can confirm new dates. Realistically there's not likely going to be any concerts for a good few months, probably the year, and kudos for BJ taken the decision to cancel and being very clear with it.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 04-21-2020, 04:19 PM
These Days

Quote:
Yes but the figuring out with football , here at least, seems to be the pointless determination to complete this season come what may and whether this then shifts the date of following seasons making the usual summer availability up in the air before these concerts can confirm new dates. Realistically there's not likely going to be any concerts for a good few months, probably the year, and kudos for BJ taken the decision to cancel and being very clear with it.
I get that, but it shouldn’t be too difficult as at most that stadium will be used once a week, since no other team is operating it besides Spurs. It’s not the logistical nightmare like in the US, where there are multiple NBA and NFL games being played in the same arena each week. The only other competition for dates would come from other artists (who weren’t even planning to tour in summer of 2020, but are planning in 2021), but there aren’t many who can tour at a stadium level to begin with and London (and its nearby areas) has several other stadiums to choose from - Wembley, Olympic, Twickenham, Emirates, MK and probably a few more that I’m missing.

I was thinking festivals might be a bigger hiccup to postpone, but the GNR tour has only 2 festival shows in Europe, and the rest are standalone shows that should be relatively straightforward to postpone.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I’d be shocked if Axl’s cash cow business do not go the postpone route as I don’t see large obstacles.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:12 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I respect the HELL out of them cancelling it and not postponing it so people won't get jerked around by Ticketmaster. Good on 'em!
This. Also what you said later, people no longer seem to even need an excuse to hate on the band. I wish the world would go back to being a more mellow place. There's no making an omelette without breaking the eggs so, starting by nuking the f******** twitter would go a long way. Yes, I understand the irony. Which makes it sting even more. But hey, it would instantly make the world a better place.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:16 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Still can't believe we have been getting the same people with pathetic remarks. The band have just done something very good to it's fans and yet we get remarks about the album going to number 1? Come on Steve, give over just for one post.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 04-22-2020, 01:50 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Without getting deep into it on a Jovi forum...

If you cant complete this season you cannot have next season.Its that simple. If it takes another 4-6 months to complete this season so be it. You can streamline next season easier than dealing with the fall out of ending the season now and relegating teams who might have got out of the bottom 3.

There are 7 scenarios and LFC are champions in all 7 so Im happy with that but the bottom 3 and promotions from leagues below is going to get ugly (financial and legal) if they end the season now.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Last edited by steel_horse75; 04-22-2020 at 01:53 PM..
Old 04-22-2020, 01:52 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
Still can't believe we have been getting the same people with pathetic remarks. The band have just done something very good to it's fans and yet we get remarks about the album going to number 1? Come on Steve, give over just for one post.

I will discuss this on the pod at weekend.
Dont get me wrong, its great the fans get the money back and thats what its all about. But the album + ticket. I dont like it.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 04-22-2020, 01:56 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
I will discuss this on the pod at weekend.

Dont get me wrong, its great the fans get the money back and thats what its all about. But the album + ticket. I dont like it.
None of us particularly do mate but they aren't the first to do it and won't be the last. I just don't think you needed to say it.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 04-22-2020, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Without getting deep into it on a Jovi forum...

If you cant complete this season you cannot have next season.Its that simple. If it takes another 4-6 months to complete this season so be it. You can streamline next season easier than dealing with the fall out of ending the season now and relegating teams who might have got out of the bottom 3.

There are 7 scenarios and LFC are champions in all 7 so Im happy with that but the bottom 3 and promotions from leagues below is going to get ugly (financial and legal) if they end the season now.
Location checks out....

Anywyay, looks like the Runaway trips tour is off also based on Matts Twitter telling people to check for an email update. although stopping short of actually mentioning it publically thus far.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*