Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Alec fans!

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-30-2020, 02:17 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie73 View Post
Alec has always been the " rock star "and my favourite member of the band, he lived the life style to the max, brilliant stage presence , fantastic backing vocals, he could hit those notes Pavarotti would be proud of !

I had the pleasure of meeting him in Leicester on the slippery tour when I was 13.... he was walking around the grounds of the demont fort hall smoking a joint although I had no idea at the time what it was, such a nice humble, funny, bloke.

Bring him back even just for his stage presence like at RHOF . I never heard him hit a bum note live and I saw him at least 15 times with the band , contrary to what has been said of him ( although was the rumour that Hugh played Alecs parts back stage , not sure if anything in that though )
When Alec was drunk he made mistakes and it was clear that he played drunk so the Hugh rumor is false. He was really a rocker, fantastic person!

Old 06-30-2020, 06:10 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

No way in hell Hugh was playing Alec's parts backstage, their playing styles is pretty different. That'd be a tough thing to coordinate and make look real. Plus with the amount of bootlegs out there we'd know by now.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:09 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
No way in hell Hugh was playing Alec's parts backstage, their playing styles is pretty different. That'd be a tough thing to coordinate and make look real. Plus with the amount of bootlegs out there we'd know by now.
It'd enough listening to KTF in 1993 to realize it was Alec playing it and not Hugh.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2020, 07:18 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
It'd enough listening to KTF in 1993 to realize it was Alec playing it and not Hugh.

Exactly. He skips so many notes in the intros and got sloppier as the tour went on. Although I think he ultimately was fired for speaking his mind in the press and making Jon look bad I do think him being not as good as Hugh was something that played a part as well.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 06-30-2020, 10:31 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Exactly. He skips so many notes in the intros and got sloppier as the tour went on. Although I think he ultimately was fired for speaking his mind in the press and making Jon look bad I do think him being not as good as Hugh was something that played a part as well.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
He surely made mistakes but sometimes he intentionally made parts different. He actually never said anything bad about Jon before he was fired, after he did. Actually Jon banned him from doing interviews in 1988 stating no one wants to talk to him, Al only found out later that he was banned from speaking to press or to participicate in serious interviews. BTW this is the reason why I dislike Jon so much. Alec became sloppy because he didn't rehearse a lot but he was kind of ignored by crew members and didn't get the equipment he wanted for shows. But that doesn't change the fact that he made mistakes and was many times out of tempo, I must agree with his firing even though he is ultimately my favourite :C
Old 06-30-2020, 10:32 PM
Runaway

Quote:

Or basically any early-1990 show, he was drunk in most of them, at Chile 1990 I also heard he fell on the stage many times but it was not showed.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:35 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Yeah it is a rumor made up years ago, I actually saw it first on this board but the thread is very old and I can't find it, I only found it through Google Search
Old 06-30-2020, 10:39 PM
Runaway

Don't get confused guys I am not here to roast Jon and defend Alec, he surely did mess up very badly and I agree with his departure, he needed to be let go, the band just couldn't go on with his mistakes. Jon once said they couldn't sacrifice the live sounding just to keep him and I totally agree with that fact
Old 07-01-2020, 12:10 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by FighterBJ View Post
He surely made mistakes but sometimes he intentionally made parts different. He actually never said anything bad about Jon before he was fired, after he did. Actually Jon banned him from doing interviews in 1988 stating no one wants to talk to him, Al only found out later that he was banned from speaking to press or to participicate in serious interviews. BTW this is the reason why I dislike Jon so much. Alec became sloppy because he didn't rehearse a lot but he was kind of ignored by crew members and didn't get the equipment he wanted for shows. But that doesn't change the fact that he made mistakes and was many times out of tempo, I must agree with his firing even though he is ultimately my favourite :C
That's not really true, Alec was banned from doing intervies, yes, but that was in 1993 when the tracks already started to show significantly. Alec was too lazy to do more press in the 80's and admitted so in the KTF era by saying that he now was ready to do more. By then, he wasn't allowed to anymore due to Jon allegedly telling him no one was interested in talking to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FighterBJ View Post
Or basically any early-1990 show, he was drunk in most of them, at Chile 1990 I also heard he fell on the stage many times but it was not showed.
That was in Rio 1990, the first slip was to be seen on a news segment. It's been incorporated here:
Old 07-01-2020, 05:09 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Funny Jon's reaction >_< jaja

Tags
alec, alec john such, bassist