Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Alec fans!

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-01-2020, 09:56 AM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
That's not really true, Alec was banned from doing intervies, yes, but that was in 1993 when the tracks already started to show significantly. Alec was too lazy to do more press in the 80's and admitted so in the KTF era by saying that he now was ready to do more. By then, he wasn't allowed to anymore due to Jon allegedly telling him no one was interested in talking to him.

That was in Rio 1990, the first slip was to be seen on a news segment. It's been incorporated here:
YouTube
Huuh, thanks for that, I didn't laugh that much in a long time :,D

Old 07-07-2020, 04:35 PM
Undiscovered Posts

During the SWW era in an i nterview Alec and Tico were reffered as the "most experienced musicians in the band." Alec was the second after David who Jon called. To be honest, if it wasn't for Alec, there wouldn't be Bon Jovi as we know it, he made Tico and Richie join the band. Alec had played with both Richie and Tico before Jon called him up, so they would have known that he "sucked". He only started sucking after his motor cycle accident in early 90s.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:48 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_from_finland View Post
During the SWW era in an i nterview Alec and Tico were reffered as the "most experienced musicians in the band." Alec was the second after David who Jon called. To be honest, if it wasn't for Alec, there wouldn't be Bon Jovi as we know it, he made Tico and Richie join the band. Alec had played with both Richie and Tico before Jon called him up, so they would have known that he "sucked". He only started sucking after his motor cycle accident in early 90s.
But that would't account for why his bass tracks were replaced in the 80's though.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:18 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
But that would't account for why his bass tracks were replaced in the 80's though.
I think Alec was, in his prime, an excellent live musician, but that doesn't necessarily mean his strengths were coming up with own ideas in the studio. In the 80's, I think that was the main issue. IIRC, he was mostly known for his gig in Phantoms Opera, an excellent Queen cover band.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2020, 05:30 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I think Alec was, in his prime, an excellent live musician, but that doesn't necessarily mean his strengths were coming up with own ideas in the studio. In the 80's, I think that was the main issue. IIRC, he was mostly known for his gig in Phantoms Opera, an excellent Queen cover band.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
He played on Fahrenheit, wasn't too creative, never played on albums again. Not exactly a shame because Hugh wrote much better bass lines.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:55 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Richie was interviewed for Rolling Stone before the RRHOF induction. He didn't say it straight but he made it understood that he missed Alec.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...th-jon-129365/
Old 07-13-2020, 02:37 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_from_finland View Post
Richie was interviewed for Rolling Stone before the RRHOF induction. He didn't say it straight but he made it understood that he missed Alec.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...th-jon-129365/
I read that article. Very interesting, thank you for sharing!

Tags
alec, alec john such, bassist