Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Billboard's 2018 50 Highest-Paid Musicians

General BJ Discussion

Old 07-26-2018, 05:23 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
a new single/radio play, then they sell records/tickets (they can add more dates to the tour)
Jon will never tour just to tour without anything because that would make him nostalgic... They are still promoting THINFS but by the end of the year it'll be two years old.... By next summer, it'll be time to move on from it...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Old 07-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Jon will never tour just to tour without anything because that would make him nostalgic... They are still promoting THINFS but by the end of the year it'll be two years old.... By next summer, it'll be time to move on from it...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
I don't mind his attitude because that means they keep putting music out. Whether it's new or something from the archives, there's in general at least something in there that I like.
But I think Jon has by now realized as well that they're a nostalgia act like pretty much all bands from that era. I can't imagine him living in such denial that he doesn't know it. Of course he won't tell it in interviews.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:55 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
But I think Jon has by now realized as well that they're a nostalgia act like pretty much all bands from that era. I can't imagine him living in such denial that he doesn't know it. Of course he won't tell it in interviews.
That is so far from the truth... Bands from that era are not making it into the rock and roll hall of fame...

If you're referring specifically to album sales and radio play, that's just a standard issues across the board for all rock bands in general. I don't care if you're from the 80s, 90s, 00s, etc, you're struggling in that department and based off of that alone, all rock bands would be considered nostalgic... from Bon Jovi to Pearl Jam back to Springsteen up to the Goo Goo Dolls etc....

When Jon first mentioned that he didn't want to be nostalgic, I think he had a different definition of that then he does today... Let's face it, a young and pretty 38 year old JBJ is going to have a different expectation of nostalgia than a 56 year old grey haired JBJ...

In summary, age and the times would definitely alter ones definition...

I could tell you what Jon doesn't want to be. He doesn't want to be one of those acts who tours every summer at those little amphitheaters with 3 other bands of the same caliber... and only performing the greatest hits in 90 minutes.... like the Tesla, Poison, Motley Cruel tour... That's nostalgic to him...

But if you're Jon and you're looking back, the past two years have been pretty good.. We know some of its BS but overall...

- Made it into the RnR Hall Of Fame
- 3 Successful Legs... Especially SA
(Let's add, with no major opening acts and no Richie)
- I would say This House was a success buy today's rock standards...
I'll give them the first time it hit #1. But I think overall most fans were pleased. They had music videos for all the songs...

But at the end of the day, I think Jon wants to slow down a little... Physically, he's in perfect shape... He's in better shape than his Jesse... but vocally he's struggling and for that alone, I think those days of playing 100 plus shows over the course of a year are over... Second, I think he's enjoying his family time... He genuinely seems to be enjoying the wine thing with Jesse and I think he just doesn't want to be away that long anymore... Maybe he learned something from Richie...

Its all good!!!
Old 07-27-2018, 04:24 AM
Jovi Freak

When JBJ speaks he is current... he was insisting that they play a new song: When We Were Us, of course this song was about/for the Hall “And the beautiful thing is that no many bands get inducted that have current records and current number 1 records! You know so, they really couldn't argue with it, and we were very happy to do it, and you know Richie learned it and he came and he sang with no issues, and it was cool!"

-_-
Old 07-27-2018, 05:21 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
When JBJ speaks he is current... he was insisting that they play a new song: When We Were Us, of course this song was about/for the Hall “And the beautiful thing is that no many bands get inducted that have current records and current number 1 records! You know so, they really couldn't argue with it, and we were very happy to do it, and you know Richie learned it and he came and he sang with no issues, and it was cool!"

-_-
Oooh what interview is that from?