Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Runaway Tour Sept 23-25 Las Vegas

Tour Discussion

Old 08-04-2018, 03:58 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
So if everybody else jumps off a bridge, Jon's gonna take a dive? Just because it's an industry standard doesn't mean he has to follow it. In fact, I believe he may have written a song or two along the lines of, "We weren't born to follow. Come on and get up off your knees... We weren't born to follow, you gotta stand up for what you believe."

C"mon, RDK, let me hear you say "yeah".
Really? You used the 'Jumping off the bridge' comparison???

There was a lot said in his original post but I was referring to the ticket prices... it's a fight that has already been fought thanks to Pearl Jam... a big chunk of those prices has to do with fees... I got 15 dollar tickets the other day ended up paying more than double... 32 bucks a ticket for a 15 dollar show...

Again, it's a business... It's not like Jon is a cult leader stealing people's money... Jon is a singer in a band and has to rely on people... There is a huge overhead with these concerts...Rent the venues, pay the crew, pay the band, the equipment, lighting, stage sets, and so much more... I'd love to see the breakdown of all the overhead including what each band members makes but it doesn't sound cheap, that's for sure...

Jon doesn't know what's a fair price of what everyone could afford... it's not like Jon can just pull prices out of thin air for each section... 'ummm 49.99 sounds like its too much for the 200 section, let's reduce it to 35.99'... plus certain cities have different prices...It's all calculated through supply and demand...

Research 'equilibrium price'!!!

There is a reality that a lot of people forget to live in... Jon is an entertainer, that's his job... He's also a husband, a father of four, and has several other projects that he works on... I believe he even owns a restaurant in the Hampton's (Blue Parrot)...

We may complain about it here but unless the noise reaches the masses, Jon might not even known there is an issue to begin with...

I too sat in the nosebleed seats in college and now I can afford to sit wherever I want... I'm also a realist... I don't need to be in the pit to thoroughly enjoy myself... first level side sections are just as enjoyable for a third of the price...

Last edited by Rdkopper; 08-04-2018 at 04:12 PM..

Old 08-04-2018, 06:43 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Really? You used the 'Jumping off the bridge' comparison??? ...There was a lot said in his original post but I was referring to the ticket prices...
Then you should have been more specific, or quoted only that part of bonjovi90's post. The way it's written, it sounded like you were saying that none of his complaints or suggestions had any merit, simply because Jon was just doing what everybody else in the industry was doing. It reminded me of my 16-year-old self trying to justify some action with "but everybody else is..."; to which my mom would invariably reply, "so if everybody else jumps off a bridge... "

It was a perfectly reasonable analogy. There's a reason cliches become cliches.

Quote:
...There is a huge overhead with these concerts...Rent the venues, pay the crew, pay the band, the equipment, lighting, stage sets, and so much more... I'd love to see the breakdown of all the overhead including what each band members makes but it doesn't sound cheap, that's for sure...
Cue violins. There's no argument that touring is an expensive proposition; but whether Jon's net worth is 300 million or the 400+ million you think he has, I don't think he's feeling the pinch.

The cost of touring has nothing to do with the other things bonjovi90 suggested, like special editions of their albums, studio recordings from the vaults, some great concerts from the archives being released etc. Some of the same things that you yourself have repeatedly said you'd like to see. But, as he said, they probably wouldn't make much money from stuff like that so it doesn't happen.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:56 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Then you should have been more specific, or quoted only that part of bonjovi90's post. The way it's written, it sounded like you were saying that none of his complaints or suggestions had any merit, simply because Jon was just doing what everybody else in the industry was doing. It reminded me of my 16-year-old self trying to justify some action with "but everybody else is..."; to which my mom would invariably reply, "so if everybody else jumps off a bridge... "

It was a perfectly reasonable analogy. There's a reason cliches become cliches.

Cue violins. There's no argument that touring is an expensive proposition; but whether Jon's net worth is 300 million or the 400+ million you think he has, I don't think he's feeling the pinch.

The cost of touring has nothing to do with the other things bonjovi90 suggested, like special editions of their albums, studio recordings from the vaults, some great concerts from the archives being released etc. Some of the same things that you yourself have repeatedly said you'd like to see. But, as he said, they probably wouldn't make much money from stuff like that so it doesn't happen.
I actually do agree with how diehards get nothing because there is no money to be made...

Even with these weekly videos from Philly, we got Living On A Prayer and Its My Life... How many ****ing times are we going to get these songs? There are 30 other hits and singles that make up the Bon Jovi catalog... What's next, Bad Name?

I'll Be There For You was a nice surprise though...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2018, 11:07 PM
These Days

Quote:
I actually do agree with how diehards get nothing because there is no money to be made...

Even with these weekly videos from Philly, we got Living On A Prayer and Its My Life... How many ****ing times are we going to get these songs? There are 30 other hits and singles that make up the Bon Jovi catalog... What's next, Bad Name?

I'll Be There For You was a nice surprise though...

See? I knew there had to be one or two things we could agree on.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:23 PM
The Distance

Quote:
See? I knew there had to be one or two things we could agree on.
Stop... it's not that bad

Old 08-05-2018, 12:07 AM
These Days

Quote:
Stop... it's not that bad

I know. Just kidding...
Old 08-05-2018, 01:58 AM
Jovi Addict

The prices are a ****ing disgrace tbh ... And while I shouldnt really compare... I got to see Myles Kennedy the other friday at a intimate hometown venue... Solo songs Slash songs and some acoustic takes on some Alterbridge songs all for a total of about £40 brilliant night and all I kept thinking was how I would love to experience that kind of gig with Jon and his guitar... Will never happen unless I sell a kidney... Shame
Old 08-05-2018, 02:04 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGiant View Post
The prices are a ****ing disgrace tbh ... And while I shouldnt really compare... I got to see Myles Kennedy the other friday at a intimate hometown venue... Solo songs Slash songs and some acoustic takes on some Alterbridge songs all for a total of about £40 brilliant night and all I kept thinking was how I would love to experience that kind of gig with Jon and his guitar... Will never happen unless I sell a kidney... Shame
You're comparing apples to oranges...

Old 08-05-2018, 03:46 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGiant View Post
True. Even when excluding the touring with the band, these Runaway ticket prices are a slap in the face of every fan.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2018, 04:50 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Myles Kennedy can't sell out stadiums and doesn't have top 40 hits to back him up and his name. It's a valid point but you can't use someone at his level to Bon Jovis, not by a long shot.