Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Runaway Tour Sept 23-25 Las Vegas

Tour Discussion

Old 08-05-2018, 04:36 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I was stalking some Keith Urban Nashville tickets a few weeks ago. Lower bowl, middle of arena. But they were priced based on something called “dynamic pricing” from Ticketmaster (NOT the same as Verified Resale) and the tickets were approximately $700 each BEFORE Ticketmaster fees.

Concerts are just getting more and more expensive, pricing out working class people, especially those who have to make a significant trip just to attend a show.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:49 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGiant View Post
Alterbridge
I saw them in Rock in Rio (they were before Jovi), they had some fans over there, well... I’m not a fan of them...

I guess with money you can open the new soul kitchen in Philadelphia at the end of this year (JBJ said he got everything almost ready) and of course he can do whatever he wants with his money and with his business, the no hotel option (usually for locals) is $1,595.00
Old 08-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Keep the Faith

The cost of these packages are - and always have been - a disgrace. Someone should call Jon on it.

Old 08-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Jovi Freak

Initially all the packages were with hotel, lately there's a no hotel option but I know people still find them too expensive...
Old 08-05-2018, 08:45 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † View Post
The cost of these packages are - and always have been - a disgrace. Someone should call Jon on it.
Jon will only make those shows more affordable if those deluded soccer moms stop going to those Runaway shows just to ask him a question and stare at his ass.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Really? You used the 'Jumping off the bridge' comparison???

There was a lot said in his original post but I was referring to the ticket prices... it's a fight that has already been fought thanks to Pearl Jam... a big chunk of those prices has to do with fees... I got 15 dollar tickets the other day ended up paying more than double... 32 bucks a ticket for a 15 dollar show...

Again, it's a business... It's not like Jon is a cult leader stealing people's money... Jon is a singer in a band and has to rely on people... There is a huge overhead with these concerts...Rent the venues, pay the crew, pay the band, the equipment, lighting, stage sets, and so much more... I'd love to see the breakdown of all the overhead including what each band members makes but it doesn't sound cheap, that's for sure...

Jon doesn't know what's a fair price of what everyone could afford... it's not like Jon can just pull prices out of thin air for each section... 'ummm 49.99 sounds like its too much for the 200 section, let's reduce it to 35.99'... plus certain cities have different prices...It's all calculated through supply and demand...

Research 'equilibrium price'!!!

There is a reality that a lot of people forget to live in... Jon is an entertainer, that's his job... He's also a husband, a father of four, and has several other projects that he works on... I believe he even owns a restaurant in the Hampton's (Blue Parrot)...

We may complain about it here but unless the noise reaches the masses, Jon might not even known there is an issue to begin with...

I too sat in the nosebleed seats in college and now I can afford to sit wherever I want... I'm also a realist... I don't need to be in the pit to thoroughly enjoy myself... first level side sections are just as enjoyable for a third of the price...
Im still amazed that some people think that this is how these tours work. The overheads etc arent coming out of Jons / Bon Jovi Corp. pockets.

A promoter will offer up to Jon a flat rate fee that covers X amount of shows with add ons for things like merch depending on the contract. Its this fee that helps determine ticket prices.

Once the promoter has offered up Jon the money for the tour they then need to recoup that fee from ticket sales and merch (if included in the contract) after paying out all the other overheads - crew, venue, security etc. Jon is paid the same fee regardless whether they sell out a show or not. There may be a stipulation that X amount of seats will cost a maxium amount (say $25) so its upto the promoter what gets charged elsewhere in the venue so they can ultimately make a profit.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:37 PM
Posting everyday

For the general tours that could very well be the case, but I seriously doubt that the insane Runaway tours ticket prices are out of Jon's control.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Last edited by bonjovi90; 08-07-2018 at 10:28 AM..
Old 08-07-2018, 09:16 AM
Next 100 Posts

Apart of the high price, what I hate most is seat assignment.
If you become their favorite customer (pay the most through the past trips or kiss their asses) or kiss ass of those favorites and become their group member or have kids attend or are youngster or male, you are highly likely to enjoy a great seat (near stage) or have a chance to give a question to or get a personal gift from Jon or the crew.
If you are favorites of them or Jon or are liked by those people, you sometimes get invited for free with a great seat.
And you want to continue doing Runaway.

I’m not rich nor don’t want to kiss their asses (because it’s not cool at all and embarrassing) so I don’t do Runaway anymore. (Yes, I have done a few trips, but I'm smart enough to learn.)
Besides, I don’t like parties, do hate alcohol. Photo with Jon or the band is nice, but I don’t like Jon’s fake smile nor tired smile.

Because of bitter memories, I stopped to do Runaway. Instead, I tried to buy VIP packages at band’s shows when I was able to earn and save enough because I was able to choose my seat before buying with such a money.

Having said that, I actually considered doing this trip in addition to The Queen+Adam Lambert residence shows. Even if my seat is in the last row and my question isn’t answered, I’m sure I will have a blast at least at The Queen+Adam Lambert shows.
But when I noticed the venue (theater) capacity is approx. 2,000, I changed my mind immediately.

Last edited by AmyHarket; 08-07-2018 at 01:20 PM..
Old 08-07-2018, 08:54 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyHarket View Post
I don’t like parties, do hate alcohol.

Easily we could be friends, I went to the Mexico party my only friends were the persons who attended the drinks ‘cause they spoke in Spanish and literally I only drank apple juice that night lol
Old 09-23-2018, 12:53 AM
Price of posting

Something new?