Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Richie Sambora!!!

General BJ Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 03:46 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Something is very off with all of this...

I could see saying 'it's not the real thing' if he was fired... but to leave on your own and then bash it is very odd to me...

It's almost like he wants the band to fail or break up...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
(Did you mean "wanted" the band to fail? Remember, this was at least 4 years ago.)

When these statements were first published it started a whole new level of Richie hate because ppl said "He's bashing the band. How dare he? He's the one who left." I didn't understand their outrage then any more than I understand your comment now.

Here's why: Any number of ppl here have said repeatedly "it's not BJ without Richie" (or as Richie said, "it's not the real thing") and a lot of people were disappointed when they found out that they were going to see a Richie-less Bon Jovi (or as Richie said, "fans have paid to see Bon Jovi and they're not getting the whole deal").

So when Richie was only saying the same things that fans here were saying, how did that imply that he was bashing the band or wanted the band to fail? Do you think the fans who made those comments wanted the band to fail? Were they trashing the band?

As for why he would say that when he was the one who left, don't forget that there were also rumors that he wanted to go back to the band but Jon wouldn't let him. And that "rumor" was supported in the same statement. Here's the whole thing.

Quote:
The Bon Jovi guitarist announced his departure from their 'Because We Can' tour last month citing 'personal issues' and after Jon revealed it was an issue Richie has been through before, it was speculated he was referencing Richie's last stint in rehab, for alcohol abuse, in 2011, which saw him miss out on 13 shows.

However, Richie has hit back and suggested Jon 'stop with the trash talking'. He told MailOnline: 'I don't have any major problems in life right now, I love my fans and I feel bad for them at the moment. Bottom line.

"My opinion is Jon wants to see if he can pull off stadiums by himself. He is making it very difficult for me to come back. Enough with the trash talking! Jon needs to stop talking about me publicly. I am fine working very hard on my fashion company Nikki Rich and this is a private matter."
(That also ended any further references to rehab/drinking from Jon. He went back to "personal issues" for the remainder of the BWC tour forward until he started THINFS promos.)

Old 08-05-2018, 04:05 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
(Did you mean "wanted" the band to fail? Remember, this was at least 4 years ago.)
Richie bashed Phil as recent as the Hall Of Fame...

Old 08-05-2018, 04:38 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Richie bashed Phil as recent as the Hall Of Fame...

If you are referring to the "What's it like to be me without the girls and money comment" that was hardly a bash was it. Jesus...

I agree with Captain, it just seems you wanted this other thread so that you had another place to spout the same old bullshit you always do, which is mostly factually incorrect. Jackie gives examples, along with actual articles and date that thins were said. You just said, yeah I remember this being said. Truth is your oen memory is often far from accurate. If you are making these claims back them up, or shut the hell up.

Had enough of your shit once again...
Old 08-05-2018, 05:09 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
If you are referring to the "What's it like to be me without the girls and money comment" that was hardly a bash was it. Jesus...

I agree with Captain, it just seems you wanted this other thread so that you had another place to spout the same old bullshit you always do, which is mostly factually incorrect. Jackie gives examples, along with actual articles and date that thins were said. You just said, yeah I remember this being said. Truth is your oen memory is often far from accurate. If you are making these claims back them up, or shut the hell up.

Had enough of your shit once again...
I'm a Richie fan regardless of what you might think... If he played locally, I'd go in a second... I'm just a realist and I know the truth hurts... I'll stop right now if it make you and Jackie feel better...

And no, I seriously created this thread because RSO is over and Richie should have his own...

Again, I'll only react to recent stuff going forward (unless it connects to the past)...

Old 08-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Something for the Posts

I've never questioned whether you were a Richie fan or not...I just got tired of you beating the same dead horse over our heads again and again and again...

The truth may or may not hurt, but we don't know because most of it is purely specualtions and the rest of it is opinion. The only people that know the truth are Jon and Richie...

I will look forward to information about what Richie is doing next is posted here and I hope that it's not too long and we don't have to wait another 4 or 5 years...
Old 08-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † View Post
He didn’t leave the band willingly. He was too messed up to make Calgary, Jon flipped and hasn’t allowed him back.
Oh yeah? Why do you think Richie suddenly fell off the wagon right before a show when he was literally in a very good shape and was being praised for how healthy he was looking and how well he was performing? It just doesn't make sense to me. I don't think it's a 'he fell off the wagon again and Jon got pissed' situation. The issue is probably much deeper.

Last edited by DavetheGodofKeys; 08-05-2018 at 08:42 PM..
Old 08-05-2018, 09:13 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys View Post
... and how well he was performing?
While I don't buy he fell off the wagon, he didn't seem as erratic and mumbly as he does when he's inebriated were people really praising his performances the short amount of time he was on the tour for? To be fair none of the band was firing on all cylinders that leg but I don't recall praise he was getting.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:30 PM
These Days

Quote:
I'm a Richie fan regardless of what you might think... If he played locally, I'd go in a second... I'm just a realist and I know the truth hurts... I'll stop right now if it make you and Jackie feel better...

And no, I seriously created this thread because RSO is over and Richie should have his own...

Again, I'll only react to recent stuff going forward (unless it connects to the past)...
Don't worry about Jackie; she's fine. Debates don't bother me. Obviously, since I contribute as much to the issue as you do. (I'm reasonably certain that I'm the other side of that debate that "keeps going in circles" Captain Jovi referred to. I take exception to "reading between the lines", in this particular case; but I figured that, by that point, no one cared about any objective proof, so I dropped it. )

The issue with only reacting to recent stuff going forward is that, in all likelihood, even that will probably connect with Richie - directly, or because someone makes a comparison, or raises a question, or can't resist a snarky comment (because they can't let go of the past), or for any number of reasons. And then we're off on another round.

Short of forbidding any reference at all to Richie, I don't know that there's a solution. He was just too big a part of the band for too long and people still have strong feelings about what happened.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavetheGodofKeys View Post
Oh yeah? Why do you think Richie suddenly fell off the wagon right before a show when he was literally in a very good shape and was being praised for how healthy he was looking and how well he was performing? It just doesn't make sense to me. I don't think it's a 'he fell off the wagon again and Jon got pissed' situation. The issue is probably much deeper.
I’m not saying he fell off the wagon outright but was in no fit state to travel to the show in Calgary. And yes, it’s pretty obvious things were tense between them prior to the no-show.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:39 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Don't worry about Jackie; she's fine. Debates don't bother me. Obviously, since I contribute as much to the issue as you do. (I'm reasonably certain that I'm the other side of that debate that "keeps going in circles" Captain Jovi referred to. I take exception to "reading between the lines", in this particular case; but I figured that, by that point, no one cared about any objective proof, so I dropped it. )

The issue with only reacting to recent stuff going forward is that, in all likelihood, even that will probably connect with Richie - directly, or because someone makes a comparison, or raises a question, or can't resist a snarky comment (because they can't let go of the past), or for any number of reasons. And then we're off on another round.

Short of forbidding any reference at all to Richie, I don't know that there's a solution. He was just too big a part of the band for too long and people still have strong feelings about what happened.
I wasn't directly referencing you. There's a few people who encourage people to not take everything at face value and there has to be more to the story etc. Both sides the situation are needed to keep the debate going and short of Jon and Richie saying "Here's what happened" it's going to keep going and I no longer understand why this thread was needed. If it were just one place to bitch about Richie then I'm aaaaaaaaaall for it.
Closed Thread

Tags
richie sambora