Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Richie Sambora!!!

General BJ Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 12:56 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
While I don't buy he fell off the wagon, he didn't seem as erratic and mumbly as he does when he's inebriated were people really praising his performances the short amount of time he was on the tour for? To be fair none of the band was firing on all cylinders that leg but I don't recall praise he was getting.

I recall a lot of praise for Sambora during that first leg. This is when Jon really started slowing down. There was discussion on here about possible sciatica because of the way he was moving (and ways he wouldn't move). I remember reading on here that Richie had stepped up as a musician and performer during that time. I was at one of Sambora's last shows and he was on fire.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...

Old 08-06-2018, 01:00 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I wasn't directly referencing you. There's a few people who encourage people to not take everything at face value and there has to be more to the story etc. Both sides the situation are needed to keep the debate going and short of Jon and Richie saying "Here's what happened" it's going to keep going and I no longer understand why this thread was needed. If it were just one place to bitch about Richie then I'm aaaaaaaaaall for it.
Bad assumption on my part, then. I took it that you were referring to the latest discourse, which was primarily me and RDK. Not a problem, either way. I was just yanking your chain a little.

Like reacting to only recent stuff, the problem with having one place to bitch about Richie (or rehash ancient history) is that it never starts out to be about Richie or the split. I honestly don't think that anyone is so enamored of the subject that they would go to any thread just to bring it up. It's not like anyone deliberately sets out to renew the conversation. It just grows out of on-going discussions and it's usually sparked by a relatively benign comment or question that relates to the topic but also opens the door for comments that drift further and further away from the thread topic and into a rehash. At least that how it seems to me.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:19 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce442 View Post
I recall a lot of praise for Sambora during that first leg. This is when Jon really started slowing down. There was discussion on here about possible sciatica because of the way he was moving (and ways he wouldn't move). I remember reading on here that Richie had stepped up as a musician and performer during that time. I was at one of Sambora's last shows and he was on fire.
That's what I remembered, too. From what I recall, I noticed that the chemistry seemed to be off at Bamboozle and later at the 12-12-12 concert. But in between those two shows, at the i-Heart festival was where I first noticed Jon's lack of energy and that he seemed to be on autopilot. Seems like there were a number of comments about Jon phoning that one in; and other ppl were saying he sounded like he might have a cold or something; but they also talked about how into it Richie was; and how good he looked and sounded. If memory serves, those same kinds of comments and comparisons carried throughout the first leg. But I've slept since then, so I could be mistaken about that.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:37 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I'm a Richie fan regardless of what you might think... If he played locally, I'd go in a second... I'm just a realist and I know the truth hurts...

Richie misses the fans... he has said the first conversation with JBJ was basically about FANS; I’m REALLY happy that the RSO thing is over and I hope it’s all about Richie now (I’m realist too so I don’t know about Bon Jovi...)
Anyway if there’s a concert around here I’m in!
Old 08-06-2018, 05:40 AM
The Distance

I'm really hoping Richie surprises us all with some solo material soon... I hope he reaches into his own vault and give the fans something!!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2018, 07:19 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
That's what I remembered, too. From what I recall, I noticed that the chemistry seemed to be off at Bamboozle and later at the 12-12-12 concert. But in between those two shows, at the i-Heart festival was where I first noticed Jon's lack of energy and that he seemed to be on autopilot. Seems like there were a number of comments about Jon phoning that one in; and other ppl were saying he sounded like he might have a cold or something; but they also talked about how into it Richie was; and how good he looked and sounded. If memory serves, those same kinds of comments and comparisons carried throughout the first leg. But I've slept since then, so I could be mistaken about that.
In general, those are the types of comments I remember too (and Jon's back and/or knee speculation). I remember hearing a lot of "Richie carrying those shows" type of comments. The OKC show really was the best I had seen Sambora since the OWN tour.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...
Old 08-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I'm really hoping Richie surprises us all with some solo material soon... I hope he reaches into his own vault and give the fans something!!!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Hey, at this point I'd be happy with a Stranger Re-issue with demos, acoustic stuff, etc. I'd love clean copies of some of the tracks that never made the album (If I can't Have Your Love - Full band version, Broken Promises, Maybelline...).

Just something...anything...

Of course in a dream world it would be followed by live shows promoting the Stranger re-release, with him playing a lot of material from the album, but i know that will never happen! I know those songs are tough for him to sing nowadays!
Old 08-22-2018, 08:05 AM
Jovi Freak

Can I Get A Witness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg6W...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-22-2018, 10:28 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
What's it with the wandering around aimlessly, giving a shout out to Little Steven at his own show, shaking all over? Is he high or super nervous?
Old 08-22-2018, 11:03 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to kleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
Is this from Steven old concert ?
Closed Thread

Tags
richie sambora