Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 05-22-2020, 09:07 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Its frustrating to keep repeating my original point but this was never about whether or not playback during live performances is good/bad/different. I'm well aware live TV dictates playback. This isn't live TV, it doesn't have the same constraints.
I hear what you're saying, your original point just doesn't make sense to me
But like you already said before, this is a matter of agree to disagree.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:18 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Its just 2020 but they should change it to 2020 & 3/4s
I would change it to 2020: the shittiest year ever
Old 05-22-2020, 11:34 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Best title ever 😂😂😂
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 05-22-2020, 12:06 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I hear what you're saying, your original point just doesn't make sense to me
But like you already said before, this is a matter of agree to disagree.
No, it's a matter of some people just accepting utter mediocrity because they fail to see that a band of this size ought to be capable of delivering something memorable when they're not limited by the constraints that's usually available to them when performing on a TV show.

Metallica has released a new version of an old song. Tesla just did a full electric rendition of a song. The Stones have released a new song partially recorded when being apart.Chris Martin did a show at home. John Legend did the same. There's families recording together. School classes recording songs...

And then there's Bon Jovi, who when presented the opportunity to promote a song of theirs by doing the same thing all those other bands have done for fun, mime to a backing track because they can't be arsed to promote their music.

Seriously, why accept such utter mediocrity when so many bands and artists have proven that it's really not that hard to do it live? If you've honestly gotten to the point where you feel you need to defend the decision of a band to mime to someone who expects an artist to do it live I think you're beyond understand what a band is supposed to be about.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 05-22-2020, 12:33 PM
Posting everyday

Bon Jovi aren't capable of pulling off something memorable these days anymore anyway, even when given the chance.

It's more than obvious that no one in the band actually gives a crap about this song. They can't be arsed anymore.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2020, 01:20 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

No, it's a matter of some people just accepting utter mediocrity because they fail to see that a band of this size ought to be capable of delivering something memorable when they're not limited by the constraints that's usually available to them when performing on a TV show.

Metallica has released a new version of an old song. Tesla just did a full electric rendition of a song. The Stones have released a new song partially recorded when being apart.Chris Martin did a show at home. John Legend did the same. There's families recording together. School classes recording songs...

And then there's Bon Jovi, who when presented the opportunity to promote a song of theirs by doing the same thing all those other bands have done for fun, mime to a backing track because they can't be arsed to promote their music.

Seriously, why accept such utter mediocrity when so many bands and artists have proven that it's really not that hard to do it live? If you've honestly gotten to the point where you feel you need to defend the decision of a band to mime to someone who expects an artist to do it live I think you're beyond understand what a band is supposed to be about.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I think you are missing everyone else's point. Jon aside, Bon Jovi are still a very talented and capable band regardless of if you like the current line up or not... so before you chalk it up to being "not capable", you need to find out why first... Just days prior, they did deliver, in my opinion, one of their better versions of Its My Life in that at home format.

It could have been a handful of reason why the used a playback for Limitless. Time constraints, not all members having the proper instruments, The Voice suggested it, they never played it as a band and the results didn't come out right for a national TV performance. Maybe no one wants to go to Dave's and Everett's house during the Pandemic to hook up equipment. Considering they did do It's My Life just days prior doesn't scream "not capable" to me.

If they were on Howard Stern and said "This is our first time, we've never done this before, etc, etc" then they could get away with mediocre results. But on national TV with 5 million people viewing, they can't settle for "Good Enough".

We're in a pandemic, the guys are separated, the song was never performed live, there is a lot of production involved, it's nation TV, and they don't want to settle for mediocre.

So at the end of the day, it's not a matter of people setting for mediocrity. It's just something that people accept for what it is because they do know the band is very capable and will deliver it live once it's rehearsed and perfected properly.

My best guess is, The Voice needed it by a certain time and the band truly didn't have enough time to perfect it. Television must be going through one of their biggest challenges right now trying to coordinate all these at home performances. Even coordinating the video footage with 7 guys within a certain standard is probably its own challenge in itself let alone a brand new live performance.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 05-22-2020 at 01:32 PM..
Old 05-22-2020, 03:05 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via AIM to trevrox

Quote:
It seems every time the album is talked about in an article it's being called "Bon Jovi 2020." Even listed on iTunes like that.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:09 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

They're capable of doing it, the question is why they didn't. A lot of the possible reasons you gave just don't work. Hook up WHAT equipment? Everett stood in a room and snapped and sang along, Dave has a home studio. There's nothing to hook up! It's the band recording tracks on their own and sync'ing them together, people are talking like they need to re-film Avatar, none of this is difficult. Any professional with a video editor can do it and with it being primarily one take, not time consuming. The Voice said no to the Band using a new track but okay'd Lady Antebellum? Proper instruments?

Look, they've been a band for 30+ years and done much more with less technology. I have to to just think the song wasn't ready and that's all it is. Everything else doesn't make sense.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:39 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Look, they've been a band for 30+ years and done much more with less technology. I have to to just think the song wasn't ready and that's all it is. Everything else doesn't make sense.
Right here is the answer! Pretty simple really, they haven't rehearsed the song, havent gone over who plays what part, who sings what part what tempo to play it on, what backing tracks to use on it. Everett knows how to back Jon up, the rest is just not ready without a proper rehearsal.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:41 PM
Posting everyday

I agree that it can't be down to technical reasons. These guys are professional musicians who have been living off playing their instruments for a better part of their lives. And any amateur musician can record decent tracks with little equipment and some decent software these days.
It's really down to them not giving a shit about it and, as a consequence, the fans not doing so either.

Let's face it - all the songs we've gotten so far we're due to them contributing to certain TV shows. Almost all other bands I follow simply have sat down due to their love of music and created something for the fans. Full band recordings via social networks, live acoustic sessions with them reacting to fan questions or playing snippets on the spot. Hell, Powderfinger even come out of their retirement this weekend to give the fans one special concert experience to watch. There's so much that could've been done and so little that was done.

Tags
2020 (album)