It's Boss Time (Bruce Rumors)

Other Bands

Old 07-14-2007, 04:12 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen
Default It's Boss Time (Bruce Rumors)

Shamelessly stolen from Greasy lake by me:

About as certain as we can get at this point: The new album has been recorded with members of the ESB already having contributed. Additional tracks are being recorded with and without the ESB. As can best be described at this point is the album is a cross between TOL and The Rising with some "rock" songs and a number of songs pared down. Having trouble describing the sound, but a lot of production is being used with the versions already recorded. Different versions of each song are being recorded (with and without members of the ESB) and the final versions of about half the album have not been settled on. It was agreed to go ahead with announcing a new recording since it is fully anticipated the final recording phases will go very quickly. The good news is a flurry of recording will be ongoing over the next few weeks with August to be the month of final production, etc. Although a given, the album will have a least 10 songs with a goal of about 13 being projected.

What is interesting is the most definitive and positive news relates to the tour, which will be the last for the entire ESB. Rehearsals for the tour are once again scheduled for AP around Labor Day. Look for the tour to kick off on or about 10/02/2007 in New York with a quick swing around the country until the end of November. All of the major cities, to include LA, DC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, etc. will be covered. The month of December will include a quick tour of Europe, about 10 shows or so. January and part of February look to be time off with a full world tour to begin in full effect during the Spring of 2008 (Feb/March) with outdoor arena shows scheduled for the summer of 2008. The U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia, will all be on the schedule. Bottom line is that we are now entering the final stages in preparation for the final ESB world tour. Stay tuned.

October - the same month as I've spent a fortune on the Jovi concerts. This is going to be painful financially, as my daughter goes to University this fall. What I do for my music LOL

Kathleen

You write your truth and I'll write mine.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Blaze of Posting

Ok.
I missed out on Bruce tickets on The Risng tour, since I was only 15, and spent what little disposable income I had on Jovi tix. I almost went to a show on the Seger Sessions tour, but I honestly prefer the stuff with E' Street, by alot. JMO.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:18 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 View Post
but I honestly prefer the stuff with E' Street, by alot. JMO.
You and a million Bruce fans LOL including myself. I wasn't too bothered about the concept of the Seeger Sessions. I was a Pete Seeger fan way back so it sounded good. Unfortunately it bored me to tears after a few live concerts. I have seen the E Street Band a gazillion times and have NEVER been bored. Enough said.

If you can swing a ticket (or two) go see the last tour of the best damn band in the world (JMO) They put on a show you won't forget anytime soon. You'll be glad you did - even if your wallet won't.

I dragged my kids to the Rising tour (protesting all the way). He's old - who cares etc. They all came home converts - and even said thank you LOL.

Kathleen

Old 07-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
You and a million Bruce fans LOL including myself. I wasn't too bothered about the concept of the Seeger Sessions. I was a Pete Seeger fan way back so it sounded good. Unfortunately it bored me to tears after a few live concerts. I have seen the E Street Band a gazillion times and have NEVER been bored. Enough said.

If you can swing a ticket (or two) go see the last tour of the best damn band in the world (JMO) They put on a show you won't forget anytime soon. You'll be glad you did - even if your wallet won't.

I dragged my kids to the Rising tour (protesting all the way). He's old - who cares etc. They all came home converts - and even said thank you LOL.

Kathleen
Wait, what?
When did that happen?
Old 07-14-2007, 08:39 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
All of the major cities, to include LA, DC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, etc. will be covered.
Kathleen
excuse me? I pretend 'seattle' is covered by the 'etc'.... drag...
I miss the fire that was once in your eyes
Well come on and say something now
Old 07-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Keep the Faith

So we should hopefully get them in December? At Christmas? I just hope they play in the north of England (although a gig in Scotland would be even sweeter if you're reading Boss!) because a trip down to London takes it's toll on the wallet at that time of year. Although, now that I think of it, chances are they would play Wembley now. Och well, just have to keep an eye out for tickets info.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkywho View Post
excuse me? I pretend 'seattle' is covered by the 'etc'.... drag...
I just stole and quoted it Maria - I didn't edit it or write it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushgen

Wait, what?
When did that happen?
You have to understand that I've been a Springsteen fan since 1978 - a really long time. They were my first live show addiction - and back then shows were cheap and you could see your favorite band live quite frequently. Notice I said that was "just my opinion". I just posted this for Russ in a different thread:

I see Bruce live any chance I can get. Of the 10 nights he played at Giants Stadium in 2003 - I was there for 9 of them. The other night was a Bon Jovi concert in Philadelphia so I went to it instead LOL.

If you see Bruce live - or Southside Johnny for that matter - you would recognise where Jon got a lot of his stage presence. I'm not saying he copied them - but he relates to the audience in the same way.

For example - I was at a Rush conert last Sunday night and I was amazed at how many people just sat in their seats and didn't sing along. I am so used to Bruce and Bon Jovi shows where the audience is VERY involved.

As for as how he compares to Bon Jovi - I have to say that NOBODY puts on a better live show than Bruce. Keep in mind that music is what Bruce does - no acting - no football teams - he lives and breathes music. He does solo tours when he is not touring with the E Street Band. His music is darker than Bon Jovi music - no question - and sometimes that is appealing. If you want to see something of his show - go buy the Live in New York City DVD - you can get it used cheap. What a show LOL.

http://www.amazon.com/Bruce-Springst...4257429&sr=1-2

Kathleen

Old 07-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Tokyo Road

I think he was referring to the word "last" ... it's up there in the original post:

"What is interesting is the most definitive and positive news relates to the tour, which will be the last for the entire ESB."

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
I think he was referring to the word "last" ... it's up there in the original post:

"What is interesting is the most definitive and positive news relates to the tour, which will be the last for the entire ESB."
Ah - well I'm living in denial about that. I'm revved for another Bruce tour - I'll worry about coming down after the high when the lights dim for the last time

In all honestly - it might be billed as the last E St Band tour but Bruce will keep performing - and probably with some of the same people. But this particular lineup will not ever be complete again. Max is movong with Conan to California to take over the Tonight Show. Clarence will be 66 when the damn tour starts - and he has had some health problems. So yeah - the last E Street Band Tour - shit

Kathleen

Old 07-14-2007, 07:14 PM
J E R S E Y ● syndicate™
Destination any Forum

Send a message via ICQ to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* Send a message via MSN to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº*

Great news, but it already makes me sad, too.