Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Richie Sambora

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-03-2022, 09:13 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
I’ve thought about that too, I feel like they all would’ve wanted to be there for Alec’s funeral and it seems like the type of occasion where they might realize that it’s time to mend the bridges they’ve burned, because life is too short and anything could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Also, in these 10 years, they never congratulated Richie on social media for his birthday, but this July, they did. So strange.

Old 10-03-2022, 09:16 PM
Keep the Faith

I don't know what to think about it.
A singer with no voice and a guitarist who hadn't had his (musical) shit together for the last decade. A mathematician would say minus x minus = plus but I'm not sure this converts to this kind of situation.

And what happens with Phil and Shanks and Everett?
The stage has already been overloaded at the Hall of Fame performance.

If we still had 2014 I'd been excited as hell. But a lot has changed.
Bon Jovi aren't the same band anymore that Richie left in 2013. The guys aren't the same anymore, their capabilities aren't the same anymore.
Maybe I'm too negative, but right now I can't see this becoming something too good.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:29 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I wouldn't put too much faith in the social media thing. They clearly hired a new intern who is doing very basic, generic posts and probably wasn't told not to post about people no longer in the band. I cant imagine they're paying too much for this stuff and it doesn't feel like it's in house.

It's 2022 and they're doing very "wrong answers only" type of captions, entry level at best.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:30 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I don't know what to think about it.
A singer with no voice and a guitarist who hadn't had his (musical) shit together for the last decade. A mathematician would say minus x minus = plus but I'm not sure this converts to this kind of situation.

And what happens with Phil and Shanks and Everett?
The stage has already been overloaded at the Hall of Fame performance.

If we still had 2014 I'd been excited as hell. But a lot has changed.
Bon Jovi aren't the same band anymore that Richie left in 2013. The guys aren't the same anymore, their capabilities aren't the same anymore.
Maybe I'm too negative, but right now I can't see this becoming something too good.
I'm going to tell you what would be even less than less. That the 40th anniversary could be exactly the same as the April 2022 tour.

I see some crying for Phil and Shanks... really? Look, this band just needed one guitar player, and Jon screwed it up by implementing a second guitar. You just have to bring Richie for the 40th anniversary, and have Phil as a backing guitarist. Shanks can disappear at this tour, the guy is a producer. In the best case, he could have a fleeting appearance in some shows.

A 40th anniversary without Richie is a bigger disappointment than a 40th anniversary without Shanks.

I repeat, this is the last chance to see the band with Richie. This train is not going to happen again.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:35 PM
Price of posting

Say it is true…..

They must’ve rehearsed because for Tico to say Richie is back and they haven’t rehearsed could be carnage if a tour was announced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 10-03-2022, 09:37 PM
Jovi FANatic

I see some crying for Phil and Shanks... really? Look, this band just needed one guitar player, and Jon screwed it up by implementing a second guitar. You just have to bring Richie for the 40th anniversary, and have Phil as a backing guitarist. Shanks can disappear at this tour, the guy is a producer. In the best case, he could have a fleeting appearance in some shows.

A 40th anniversary without Richie is a bigger disappointment than a 40th anniversary without Shanks.

I repeat, this is the last chance to see the band with Richie. This train is not going to happen again.[/QUOTE]

nicely put...NOONE really cares about any other guitarist than richie in Bon jovi
Old 10-03-2022, 09:41 PM
Next 100 Posts

If they keep PhilX and Shanks they should move them to the back like Bobby. I personally don't want to see any other guitarist on the front of the stage when Richie is there. In addition to that they should turn the microphone of PhilX off (except for the Prayer chorus).
Old 10-03-2022, 09:47 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

If Richie was there, they wouldn't need Phil on vocals as much I think. But I think you're right. Phil and Richie and no Shanks is the idea combo if Jon miraciously improves his voice and Richie works on his playing.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:50 PM
Jovi FANatic

the idea of richie coming back and finishing the doc like that gave me shivers...
great idea...probably wishful thinking but one can dream..

it probably became a snowball effect in order to try and deny it immediately...

who is the guy who played with tico golf and said it? in my gut it seems legit..otherwise he must be a troll to say the least to say sth like this and make tico look bad who gracefully took a photo with him...

(either way he exposed tico though...)
Old 10-03-2022, 10:10 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I see some crying for Phil and Shanks... really?
Not at all, you got me wrong on that part. I just don't see Jon dropping those guys just because Richie returns.
What I'd like to see is a line-up of Jon, Richie, Tico, Dave and Hugh.
What I think we will get is Jon, Richie, Tico, Dave, Hugh, Phil, Shanks, Everett. And that's not my cup of tea.