Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

New Fan Club Package Updates

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 06-16-2021, 10:12 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
That's what I was about to throw in. Stuff like "Lost Boys" which he even mentioned in the Experience video by saying that this would be a good option to share (a few months in) would at least lead to the option of him sharing some solo-written demos. Of course I'd prefer full band recordings, but this is something that surely could be shared.

It so much feels like the essay of a student who promises to turn the world around in the introduction leading up to end, but ends up barely creeping through by the skin of his teeth by having done the absolut minimum requested in the end.

Might well be that they'd have to invest a few bucks to share some things, but then again, they probably had to so on the American XS service, on the bonus live tracks in the vault of 2010 and on the New Jersey demos in 2014. If we think back, it was Jon back then who restricted a great edition by not wanting to pay for restoration of some old live material.
Suuuuper good points. And I have to imagine back for XS the label was footing the bill for that stuff. With no touring on the horizon and people not buying albums, is there really a desire to spend money with no ROI. But it never should have gotten this far. That not one of Jon's yes men didn't say "yah you can't post this stuff so maybe not talk about it?" is a strange thing.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:43 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Doesn't mean he spoke to the lawyers before they made the initial announcement...it did all seem very rushed. They are clearly making this up as they go along.

And I'm sure Jon knows the ins and outs of the business side, but does Matt? Isn't this partly his baby? Maybe Jon thought he had it all in hand...who knows.

Either way, it just seems like a complete lack of preperation and effort.
My point was Jon probably wouldn't need to speak to his lawyers to know what's what. He surely has enough knowledge to know what he can share or not. However, I don't think you launch a subscription service that you advertise under the brand you have built over decades without consulting your legal team.

You do not simply pass it out to your brother to do. We are not talking about a small business here. Whether Matt is running this or not, I do not believe Jon would pass it on and say "do whatever you want with my name". He also actively took part in the promotion of the product, so knew what was being promised. He would have/should have known instantly at that point what he can and cannot share and would have flagged it.

If you run your own business (I think you said you do), don't you know the ins and outs of what you are legally allowed to do or not? If you are launching a new service, don't you go through everything to ensure you are on a good footing before it goes live? Incompetence is the only thing that stops that process happening.

So, Jon is either stupid or incompetent if this is a question of legality. I am not so sure he is either, which is why I am more on the side he doesn't care. Maybe he knew they couldn't use specific content but told his team to slap together a product either way. The Experience certainly looks slapped together so far.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:49 PM
Keep the Faith

I have a whole different impression:
I don't think Jon is involved at all in what the Experience does or does not. I think it's one of those "projects" he allowed Matt to do so that his scallawag-brother has something to do and maybe earn some bucks with it. So every once in a while Matt asks Jon to get in front of a camera, read some lines or watch some old YT clips. That's why he's always that ecstatic with his "wows" and "hmms".
And right after Matt has released some of Jon's videos with new promises, Jon's legal team comes around saying "Wait Matt, you can't do it that way".

By saying that, this doesn't excuse Jon in any way. But I think he just don't cares at all about that project. It's a friendly turn to his brother, just like Backstage was more or less a friendly turn to his mother.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:06 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I don't think Jon is involved at all in what the Experience does or does not. I think it's one of those "projects" he allowed Matt to do so that his scallawag-brother has something to do and maybe earn some bucks with it. So every once in a while Matt asks Jon to get in front of a camera, read some lines or watch some old YT clips. That's why he's always that ecstatic with his "wows" and "hmms".
And right after Matt has released some of Jon's videos with new promises, Jon's legal team comes around saying "Wait Matt, you can't do it that way".

By saying that, this doesn't excuse Jon in any way. But I think he just don't cares at all about that project. It's a friendly turn to his brother, just like Backstage was more or less a friendly turn to his mother.

Whatever is causing this, we all agree it has been a mess. I wouldn't be surprised to see the JBJ Experience quietly swept under the rug.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:50 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Whatever is causing this, we all agree it has been a mess. I wouldn't be surprised to see the JBJ Experience quietly swept under the rug.
My take on it was it was supposed to be a supplement alongside concert tickets. An annual subscription that gets allows you to by VIP seats, the trips, get advanced notice as well as some side items and weird perks. They might have thought touring would resume sooner than it did. Who cares what it comes with, people are mostly here to buy tickets early. Take away the tickets and you just have a bargain bin of why this?

So I think next year none of this is going to matter if ticket sales are in the mix. AFAIK this replaced the fan club (did it, I legit don't know?)
Old 06-17-2021, 12:01 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:

You mean it's something like when he had Tony shoot videos for all Bounce songs that no one cared for in the end? Once, I had even heard the rumour that Tony was to shoot a video for Just Older and it was axed by Jon 'cause it was so not to his liking.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:18 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
You do not simply pass it out to your brother to do. We are not talking about a small business here. Whether Matt is running this or not, I do not believe Jon would pass it on and say "do whatever you want with my name". He also actively took part in the promotion of the product, so knew what was being promised. He would have/should have known instantly at that point what he can and cannot share and would have flagged it.

If you run your own business (I think you said you do), don't you know the ins and outs of what you are legally allowed to do or not? If you are launching a new service, don't you go through everything to ensure you are on a good footing before it goes live? Incompetence is the only thing that stops that process happening.

So, Jon is either stupid or incompetent if this is a question of legality. I am not so sure he is either, which is why I am more on the side he doesn't care. Maybe he knew they couldn't use specific content but told his team to slap together a product either way. The Experience certainly looks slapped together so far.
If you run your own business you also don't rush announcements, make promises you can't follow through on and provide people that buy your product shoddy merchandise. This whole project has been a mess and I have to question how much involvement Jon has had in it. Personally, I'm not sure Jon really cares about this project at all. In my opinion someone came to him with the idea and he was like "sure, but you just deal with it". We all know that Jon is neither stupid or incompetent, and he's always been a perfectionist, which makes this even more baffeling....

Matt on the other hand....
Old 06-17-2021, 12:21 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:

Yup, exactly the point I was trying to make, you just did it better!
Old 06-17-2021, 04:06 AM
Jovi Freak

New video on the Experience; I swear that I prefer to watch old pictures of Jon than watching him saying almost nothing.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:32 AM
Price of posting

A boring 10 minute video with david Bergman about NMS nights to show some pictures that have been viewed thousands of times.

I've already lost all hope on this.