Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Richie Sambora!!!

General BJ Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Just posting

Sad, but I'm glad they broke up. Their music sucked, and now, there's maybe a possibility that he'll come back (if Jon will take him) where he belongs. I'm so over Phil.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
Sad, but I'm glad they broke up. Their music sucked, and now, there's maybe a possibility that he'll come back (if Jon will take him) where he belongs. I'm so over Phil.
Yeah, I have a feeling that they pretty much settled their issues over the HoF ceremony.

Jon knows how to make money and he is aware that, especially in Europe, they'd sell better with Richie back on board.

I don't mind Phil, I'd rather have him drop Shanks from the touring staff. Let Phil play the "solos" on the newer stuff and Richie the classics, that would work for me.

And there was a recent interview with Shanks posted here (about 3 hours long) and he mentioned somehwere that you have to do that touring thing at some point to become more musically accomplished, but that it's not what thrives him and I can't imagine him being too eager to keep touring with the band until the end of their days.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:19 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Yeah to me having Shanks there was nothing more than filling in the guitar sound but knowing how busy he is producing it could never be full time permanent.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:19 PM
Keep the Faith

It would be great if he comes back but I don't see it.
He pissed everybody off when he left mid-tour and now after he dumped Ori (or has been dumped, who knows) he comes back like nothing happened? Naah, that's not gonna happen.

And besides that I don't think that Richie wants to get back in. The HoF induction would have been his chance to spread some words to apply back for his old job. But if I remember correctly he denied all questions related to that topic.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:31 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
He pissed everybody off when he left mid-tour and now after he dumped Ori (or has been dumped, who knows) he comes back like nothing happened? Naah, that's not gonna happen.

And besides that I don't think that Richie wants to get back in. The HoF induction would have been his chance to spread some words to apply back for his old job. But if I remember correctly he denied all questions related to that topic.
I think the right about of money could pursue anyone... Here is 2 million to play 10 shows. That's tough to turn down (hypothetical)...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I think the right about of money could pursue anyone... Here is 2 million to play 10 shows. That's tough to turn down (hypothetical)...
Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Hypothetically you're right.
BUT...who's gonna pay Richie 2 million (or another fcuking big amount of money) to get back on stage? The ticket sales weren't radical worse without him. And with him they won't be able to sell radical more tickets for a big stadium tour either. We die-hards are the only ones who care about the guitarist.
So I don't see why anybody should invest big money into a guitarist, who is way out of his prime and left a muli-million-dollar business in the middle of a tour --> unreliable
Old 08-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Hypothetically you're right.
BUT...who's gonna pay Richie 2 million (or another fcuking big amount of money) to get back on stage? The ticket sales weren't radical worse without him. And with him they won't be able to sell radical more tickets for a big stadium tour either. We die-hards are the only ones who care about the guitarist.
So I don't see why anybody should invest big money into a guitarist, who is way out of his prime and left a muli-million-dollar business in the middle of a tour --> unreliable
You may be right about the ticket issue, but we can't say that for sure about Europe just yet because we haven't had the situation here before.
And if you market it as the "big reunion", you have a different vehicle to build upon that "just" another album that the public doesn't really notice anymore.

And I simply want his return because I miss the spirit that once made me a fan. Even with a washed-up guitarist and a singer with a ****ed-up voice, I still hope to see the occasional flashes of brilliance again. Plus Jon needs his side-kick on stage and IF it's ever gonna happen, that'll be the reason why Richie would be able to rejoin.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Something for the Posts

Trust me in the UK and Europe it would make a difference. Particularly in the UK we tend to care about the band as a whole and not just the singer...
Old 08-02-2018, 07:02 PM
These Days

Quote:

When asked, Jon said something like, "I think Richie's working on another project right now, so you'll have to ask him" and Richie nodded back towards Jon and said, "if he asks me". (Not like, "he'll have to beg me"; more like "if he wants me to".) So, basically, they both evaded.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Hypothetically you're right. BUT...who's gonna pay Richie 2 million (or another fcuking big amount of money) to get back on stage...I don't see why anybody should invest big money into a guitarist who is way out of his prime and left a muli-million-dollar business in the middle of a tour --> unreliable
Well, at this point, doing that might be WAY more profitable than NOT doing it.

You may not be that far off the mark, especially if Jon had to agree to a "360 deal" -- in which the label gets some of his touring income -- to be taken back by Universal Music. However, what with Bon Jovi's vocals, album sales, and overall credibility also "way out of their prime," paying Richie to reunite rejoin may have become a gamble that's worth taking.

After all, Universal weren't too proud to throw their own Nicki Minaj under the bus when her brother was busted for having sex with his stepdaughter: They allowed Cardi B, a direct competitor from another label, to perform on a single that Nicki and Universal labelmates Migos had done -- and they forced Nicki to rewrite a verse that they felt made Cardi look bad!

At any rate, the planets have aligned and all the signs are pointing in the right direction -- cautious optimism, anyone?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 04-03-2021 at 05:42 AM..
Closed Thread

Tags
richie sambora