Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Destination Anywhere..

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang A Drum View Post
My favorite song on DA is Janie Dont Take your Love To Town.... Love his high voice...
Anyway, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) just older was written for DA and was performed during the DA tour, before crush was even made.
No. Just Older was written after DA, during the tour in Europe in 1998 and performed there. It was named only "Older". Another song that appeared on Crush's singles was Hush, which was also written and played in 1998. And many of the demos/b-sides for Crush are actually Jon's solo songs (along with some of the tracks on the boxset), because he was thinking about releasing new solo album after DA. That's the famous Sex Sells history.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Jovi Fan

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer_Always

I love DA. I needed time to love it as I do today, years back I thought of this album it was too nice, too sweet. You know, I was more into the SWW era, wild things.

Now I enjoy each of its songs. Such songs like Cold Heart Hard and It's Just Me, I sometimes wonder how Jon can find these emotions which take over me. I mean, I feel really closed to the song, as if I were in it.
On Queen Of New Orleans and Little City for example, I love his voice.

Everything's good. There's actually no songs I skip on this album. But I do it on Crush and Bounce. I dont even listen to them, I just don't like them a lot. And if I love DA and don't like Crush, it has certainly a difference between them. So as Simon wrote, it wouldn't have been a good thing to mix them. That's only my point of view

Crush doesnt have these so deep feelings that DA has. Sometimes I wish Jon would record a new album solo, I would be curious how he would make it sound. As long as it wouldn't contained songs like She's A Mystery...
Old 06-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Jovi Freak

Every Word and Staring At Your Window are probably right up there with my favourite "Bon Jovi" songs.
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne - 8 December 2013
Perth Arena, Perth - 12 December 2013
Arena Joondalup, Perth (Soundwave) - 3 March 2014
ANZ Stadium, Sydney - 8 December 2018

Blame It On The Love...
Old 06-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Livin' on a Post

This is my reaction to Destination Anywhere:

Personally I don't find it enjoyable. I would put Lost Highway over this release.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
This is my reaction to Destination Anywhere:

Personally I don't find it enjoyable. I would put Lost Highway over this release.
Personally, I would chose those bricks behind you over you.... They seem more enjoyable.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Livin' on a Post

lol

It's funny but I still have the album sealed in the original pastic. Just only for collection.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:12 AM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Man, I did not know a creepy looking guy was a reaction to something. The crazy things they come up with in 2009.

But um...if it's in the original packaging then how do you know it's a shit album?

Oh and on subject, I must confess, there's only a few tracks on DA I love, the rest can all go to hell
Old 06-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Breakout

I think it's a very good album, miles and miles better than anything the band have released in the 21st century. It's a significant album for the fact that after the band's debut album, it's Jon's one and only album that doesn't have an obvious ballad (though there are no love songs on Blaze of Glory, Santa Fe has the musical structure of a typical over-the-top power ballad), and it's also the last time when Jon wrote good lyrics and the last time when he managed to write several songs for an album without outside help. It's maybe the relative financial flop of the album to blame for Crush being such an incredibly safe, Bon Jovi-by-number album, but Destination Anywhere is the real deal... The album is very down to earth and adult for a (Jon) Bon Jovi record, perhaps even risky and hip. Jon is definitely trying new things on the album, and though there are a few fillers on it, overall the album works well. And Queen of New Orleans may be the coolest song he ever did.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Blaze of Posting

I'm a fan of the record, and actually think it's better than Blaze. Midnight In Chelsea is one of the best tracks anyone involved with the band has ever done. Queen of New Orleans is great one as well. That being said, I'd never say the album is better than Crush. It really lulls at points through the middle of the record.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsausage View Post
But um...if it's in the original packaging then how do you know it's a shit album?
music videos, youtube, etc. I didn't listen all the tracks probably.

Tags
destination anywhere