Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Best DVD

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-15-2005, 04:33 AM
Runaway

Default Best DVD

Hi - I want to get a bon jovi concert DVD. Last year I got a gift of This Left Feels Right from a friend (obviously not a Bon Jovi fan - I apologize to big fans of This Left Feels Right). Can anyone recommend a good one to get. I want one of the tour of some of the classics. Any favorites? Thanks

Old 06-15-2005, 04:38 AM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

Well besides the This Left Feels Right DVD there are only two other official ones;

Live From London which is only about half of a show from Wembley 1995, presented with an awful quality picture and low volume Dolby stereo audio and no bonus features

The Crush Tour which is most of a show from Zurich in 2000, presented with a good quality widescreen picture and Dolby Digital 5.1, a couple of music videos, photos, a discography and a half hour backstage/interview video

The London show is not a very good DVD but is a great show, if only half of one, and the Crush Tour show is only a mediocre concert but presented on a fairly decent DVD. It depends which era you prefer.

Otherwise you could find someone to trade with and get some better shows as bootlegs.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:41 AM
Runaway

Thanks for all the info - I thought that there must not be many DVDs because I've had a hard time finding them. I wonder why they don't make many.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:44 AM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

Originally they planned to release the Yokohoma 2003 shows, it was shot especially for a DVD/CD release I think but in the end they decided not to release it, I think Jon and Richie were ill or something at the time and not at their best they thought

They've done 3 tours since DVD really took off so logically they could have released one for each tour, plus it would be nice to see some older shows released too but it just seems they don't want to release any.

We can hope for one from the next tour I suppose.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to slippery86

the crush dvd is probably the best one.

7800 ºF 2
Old 06-21-2005, 09:00 PM
Runaway

Send a message via MSN to Bon Jovi belgium

Live in london - better show, less tracks, less extra (only these days song on the end with extra shots of that show)

Crush, i also love - less rocking but more tracks and extra's

TLFR i really dont love!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Live from London is the better show. So if you're going for the performance and not the extras, get that one.

Becky
Old 06-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

I prefer the Crush DVD. The London one is certainly a better show and the band has so much energy but it seems like a few songs thrown together whereas the Crush DVD actually feels like a concert. It's a great performance but the stadium is nothing spectacular and the crowd is very dower but still great.

If you want something truly amazing get onto ebay and get a copy of Bon Jovi playing in Shepards Bush in 2003, one word, AWESOME!

Phil
Old 06-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krycek
If you want something truly amazing get onto ebay and get a copy of Bon Jovi playing in Shepards Bush in 2003, one word, AWESOME!

Phil
don't get on to ebay at all. you're paying money to people whom the concert cost nothing. trade for something you already have or get somebody to send you a copy.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Send a message via MSN to Kieets

Definitely get the london dvd... who cares about picture quality?? as if it isn;t good... oeh I think I saw a bad pixel there in the corner... damn!
The show rocks, the setting in the stadium is rocking, the guys sound good, atmosphere. Best show ever to see, the camerawork is great and it just has this feeling... so many good things about this dvd, I must have watched it over a hundred times easily. Indeed I would kill for a version with the whole concert, but even with half the songs this is the one to get.
The crush show sucks as much as the TLFR concert. After looking at it once I threw it out the window out of frustration. It's that bad. All of the
crush tour shows are the worst ever. They're more like eric clapton shows. nice n slow.