Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

DL set lists suck

Other Bands

Old 09-18-2006, 12:27 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Default DL set lists suck

Im would say im a pretty big Def Leppard fan, but i have to say that of late their set lists suck! It never changes during a tour (give or take a song or two)! They have so many great songs that should be played live eg 'Stand Up', 'Stagefright', 'Miss You In A Heartbeat', 'Gods Of War', 'Love And Effection', 'Heaven Is', even 'When Love and Hate Collide' isnt getting played! I think their sets are taking the piss! Its almost as if they are becoming a nostalgic band now, what with the sets and having bands from the same era opening for them? If you read this interview with Joe he says that he likes to change the set!! What alot of BS!! I hope the sets become better when they hit the UK tour!

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/enterta...c/15458498.htm

Ali

Ali.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Troublemaker
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by aph01
Im would say im a pretty big Def Leppard fan, but i have to say that of late their set lists suck! It never changes during a tour (give or take a song or two)! They have so many great songs that should be played live eg 'Stand Up', 'Stagefright', 'Miss You In A Heartbeat', 'Gods Of War', 'Love And Effection', 'Heaven Is', even 'When Love and Hate Collide' isnt getting played! I think their sets are taking the piss! Its almost as if they are becoming a nostalgic band now, what with the sets and having bands from the same era opening for them? If you read this interview with Joe he says that he likes to change the set!! What alot of BS!! I hope the sets become better when they hit the UK tour!

Ali
so the set list is always the same?

gutted..........
Old 09-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Something for the Posts

They changed it up but not as much as we'd like.
Keep in mind that they're doing a double headlining show so it's a shorter set. Since they have too many hits, they have to play them and that didn't leave much room for all the other goodies.

I hate double headlining shows for bands with more than 5 albums.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:21 AM
Price of posting

They should really stop closing with Pour Some Sugar on Me...

I would love to have them do songs like Rock Rock Til You Drop and Too Late for Love. I also would kill to hear HYENSSB? and Stand Up Kick LIM....
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 09-18-2006, 05:46 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21
They should really stop closing with Pour Some Sugar on Me...

I would love to have them do songs like Rock Rock Til You Drop and Too Late for Love. I also would kill to hear HYENSSB? and Stand Up Kick LIM....

They play Rock Rock ocassionally this tour.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:16 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Uh yah, They have, what, 80 minutes to play? Wait till their next tour to rate the setlists I think. They're not going to pull out anything rare if they have 80 minutes to get the hits out.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aph01

Ali
They played When Love and Hate when I saw them at Sheffield, it went down really well. Id love to hear Have you ever.... but I cant see them bringing it back
Old 09-21-2006, 06:15 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica80
They played When Love and Hate when I saw them at Sheffield, it went down really well. Id love to hear Have you ever.... but I cant see them bringing it back
They played Have You Ever in the Rock of Ages tour in USA. Seems that the song was a bigger hit in USA than Europe. Whereas WLAHC was huge in the UK but not US. The band based their setlist on the chart position. Which is annoying.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:18 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

On a side note, apparently the amount of seats their selling today is the same amount as they did for the Hysteria tour which is just mindblowing. Im glad they're having a good year.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Yeah they played it at Hammersmith too .... but their setlist was fairly predictable ... would have loved to see some Slang stuff! Do they ever play anything from that? Actually, woulda liked to hear one of the singles from X too, but they appeared to avoid those two albums ... ?

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!

Tags
def leppard, live