Livin' on a Post

This is awesome. 80s work-in-progress songs in studio quality

Old 08-10-2021, 12:44 AM
Jovi Freak

this makes the Experience even more laughable >_< jaja
Old 08-10-2021, 12:45 AM
Something for the Posts

Question

The question is, if someone brought the reels, does Jon even own copies of these?

Secondly, if he does, would he be able to share via the experience or would Universal own the rights?
Old 08-10-2021, 01:12 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

My gut says the label would have financed all this stuff, I don't THINK Jon could put this out and get away with it but I don't know the state of the previous contract and was included in the distribution contract.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:18 AM
Jovi Freak

Never mind the Experience, why was this not part of the deluxe New Jersey?
Old 08-10-2021, 01:39 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Slide guitar really isn't that difficult unless you're doing proper solo work which has Richie never done. Homebound Train however has slide guitar on its intro so it's fair to say he did some slide guitar work on the New Jersey sessions. He's just not very good at it considering the solo of Superman Tonight was very hit and miss most nights in 2010. I do like the slide guitarwork in Bad Medicine, it gives it a bit of a western feel.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I'll always remember around the crush era Richie admitting he wasn't very good at playing slide guitar. Something along the lines of "I did a lot more slide onthis record, even though personally I don't think my slide playings improved much"....
Old 08-10-2021, 03:01 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
My gut says the label would have financed all this stuff, I don't THINK Jon could put this out and get away with it but I don't know the state of the previous contract and was included in the distribution contract.
I agree, and I don't think the distribution deal has had any effect on the rights to the songs that were recorded before that contract was signed. I got a copyright complaint for posting a snippet of LOAP on social media last year and it came solely from UMG, so it seems like they're still the sole owners of the rights to the older stuff.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:19 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
I agree, and I don't think the distribution deal has had any effect on the rights to the songs that were recorded before that contract was signed. I got a copyright complaint for posting a snippet of LOAP on social media last year and it came solely from UMG, so it seems like they're still the sole owners of the rights to the older stuff.
What I meant was in order to sign Jon to a new contract, they might have made it more enticing to get him to come back. The line in Burning Bridges:

Hope my money and my masters
Buy a front row seat in hell

Speaks wonders.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:30 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
What I meant was in order to sign Jon to a new contract, they might have made it more enticing to get him to come back. The line in Burning Bridges:

Hope my money and my masters

Buy a front row seat in hell

Speaks wonders.
So either the label had control of the masters like they had in 2014 and then would surely try to capitalize a bit more on them since these kind of releases are happening with many old bands.
Or Jon got some control back and could have, in theory, thrown us one bone or another in the Experience, but simply doesn't care enough?

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2021, 03:48 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
So either the label had control of the masters like they had in 2014 and then would surely try to capitalize a bit more on them since these kind of releases are happening with many old bands.
Or Jon got some control back and could have, in theory, thrown us one bone or another in the Experience, but simply doesn't care enough?

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
I firmly believe the band camp doesn't have the rights needed to make The Experience what we'd like and I also firmly believe the label that has the rights doesn't see the financial value after seeing how the New Jersey re-release went. Yeah the band bailed on promoting it and the label didn't want to promote it at the time of the major member of the band not being there. I think the answer is somewhere in the middle.

If the label actually promoted it and the band actually promoted it, would it sell in 2021? Tough to say.

Tags
in america