Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Axl Rose Breaks His Silence

Other Bands

Old 01-18-2006, 06:00 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04
Default Axl Rose Breaks His Silence

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...on=6.0.10.505\

Axl Rose Breaks His Silence
Gn'R mastermind talks "Democracy" at L.A. party
"People will hear music this year," says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy, arguably the most anticipated album in rock & roll history. "It's a very complex record," says Rose, a surprise guest at Korn's tour announcement bash. (Others in the house: Jessica Alba, cast members of The OC, and members of Linkin Park, Good Charlotte and the Used.) "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

Dressed in a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, cross hanging around his neck, cornrows still intact and sporting a blonde goatee, Rose strolled into the party around 1 a.m., just as the DJ was coincidentally rocking some vintage Gn'R. Approached by a steady stream of women and hard-rock disciples -- including Puddle of Mudd's Wes Scantlin and Papa Roach's Dave Buckner -- Rose is cordial and chatty as he poses for photo after photo. He seems more like an average guy out for a night with friends than the most mythical rock star on the planet in 2006.

And he maintains that that's exactly what he is. "The only time people ever write about me is when I go out to a strip club, because I don't chase the paparazzi down," he says. And, when he's out of the spotlight, Rose says you'll find him doing average-guy stuff: reading books and watching movies. His favorite book is Philip K. Dick's A Scanner Darkly. "I was a little scared when I saw they were making it into a movie starring Keanu [Reeves]," he says. "But I guess if he can handle The Matrix, he can do this."

While Rose and his revolving cast of Gn'R bandmates have been working on Chinese Democracy, Papa Roach have achieved platinum status in their own right. But tonight, their drummer reverts to his teenage fan days, asking Rose for a picture and to guest on Papa Roach's next album. Rose strikes a pose and then graciously refers the fellow rocker to his management.

After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

However, he hints that you could see the current incarnation of Gn'R back out on the road soon. "Every time there's a big festival announced, we get rumored to be on there," he says. "But we'll see what happens."

One thing's for sure: Everyone will be watching.

Holy shit! It's about time!!

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????

Old 01-18-2006, 06:26 AM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to ponrauil

I'll believe it when I'll see that album in stores.

Ponrauil
Old 01-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Price of posting

Send a message via MSN to Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponrauil
I'll believe it when I'll see that album in stores.

Ponrauil
My thoughts exactly.

Oh, and twisted thoughts that spin round my head
I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning
Old 01-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

Send a message via MSN to UKjovi

If he does go on tour i will be there hopefuly they will be good songs and he hasnt lost it
Old 01-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Send a message via MSN to father_time Send a message via Yahoo to father_time

get in!

hopefully it wont be a false alarm like last time
And I keep my soul in Maria's bed"

Maria's Bed - Bruce Springsteen
Old 01-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

It's an interesting read, but I'm not getting my hopes up. But once's it's in the record stores, I'll be buying a copy without hesitation.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Haven't we heard all this once before? As you guys said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Kathleen

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

the problem is that the albums NEVER going to live upto the hype that's been created through it takign so long to come out.

10 years is a very logn time to crack out an absolutely stunning album but I seriously doubt they'll even come close to it.

Chinese democracy literally needs to be one of those absolutely huge albums like thriller or born to run that people still talk about 20-30 years down the line and I don't think it will be to be honest.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to Mr Bluesman

I agree with Jim. If Rose gets round to releasing this album, there's no way it can live up to expectations. GNR peaked with Appetite, the way people are talking about Chinese Democracy make it seem like it'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Can someone please tell me why I should be looking forward to the release of the album?
Old 01-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Rocket Queen
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Mousebounce

Quote:
Can someone please tell me why I should be looking forward to the release of the album?
Because the majority of what is out there today is absolute crap, and this album is going to be great. I have heard numerous songs from the album over the past year, and it is about 1000 times better than half the garbage out there right now. Even if it is considered great and not outstanding, it isn't like the competition is tough.