Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bon Jovi Versus Coronavirus: Chicago Chorus, Jon's Song Contest

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-23-2020, 04:50 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Bon Jovi Versus Coronavirus: Chicago Chorus, Jon's Song Contest

Since Dave announced on Instagram that he tested positive for the Coronoavirus:
1) ...Jenni Spinner and Rebecca Kell (of)...Chicago (Illinois USA)...created an event on Facebook inviting folks to throw open their windows, stand on their balconies, venture onto their front stoops, wander into their front yards and launch a massive group singalong to Bon Jovi’s “Livin’ on A Prayer.”
...(M)ore than 18,000 people replied that they were joining or interested in joining...(N)one other than Jon Bon Jovi himself hopped on Instagram and shared a video.

2) Not to be outdone (though mentioning Dave might have been more appropriate) Jon has not only decided to write a song about social distancing and coronavirus, he's offering one of us the opportunity to:

All you have to do is pour your heart out on the Facebook video page -- but hurry, it's filling up fast!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-23-2020 at 06:03 AM..

Old 03-23-2020, 01:25 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to JoviGirl

Does it HAVE to be posted there on the Facebook comments? I just used the hashtag and posted my version on my social media.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:02 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
A pale, thin-looking Dave talks with Dana Perino:
https://rocktivity.com/bj/daveSick2020.webm

Dave has since posted a better-looking pic that was allegedly taken BEFORE the interview:

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-25-2020 at 07:29 PM..
Old 03-25-2020, 07:21 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
...Not to be outdone (though mentioning Dave might have been more appropriate) Jon has...decided to write a song about social distancing and coronavirus...
My apologies for insinuating that Jon's anti-coronavirus efforts have yet to include public acknowledgement of Dave's situation: it turns out that the CEO delegated that task to his executive assistant.
Asbury Park Press: Matthew Bongiovi, brother of Bon Jovi frontman Jon Bon Jovi, encouraged Bryan to “Feel better brother” in the comments of the Instagram post. (His) daughter Gabby Bryan, a rising comic in the New York-New Jersey area, said “Classic Bryan luck!!!! We’ll be chugging tequila again soon!”

Last edited by rocknation; 03-26-2020 at 03:13 AM..
Old 03-28-2020, 02:14 AM
Something for the Posts

Default 3/27/30 Update

ExtraTV.com : ...From his home in New Jersey via FaceTime...(Jon Bon Jovi) talk(ed) about how he is doing his part to help the community during the coronavirus outbreak.

Bon Jovi explained, “Jake, our son, he had a mild case that was intestinal..He had an intense fever, but not bronchial stuff...He is recovered now...the rest of us are…(and) have been healthy, but we are all sequestered and under quarantine.”

...He also opened up about Bon Jovi bandmate David Bryan...saying the keyboardist “got the full-on bronchial stuff...I believe he is on the mend. He is a tough guy…We are obviously hoping he gets better soon...