Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Boston Photos

Tour Discussion

Old 07-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Disillusioned Diehard
The Distance

Default Boston Photos

My photos from Boston aren't as good as the ones from some of my earlier shows, but I thought I'd post a link to the album anyway. I was near the side stage both nights (very close the first night). Since I was on the outside aisle, I had a lot of trouble getting anything from the main stage. There were just too many heads and waving hands in the way. I think the autofocus on the camera was very confused! The best photos are the ones of Jon on the side stage and the ones from the acoustic Wanted (at then end).

Link: http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/i...2008%20Boston/
Guest password: richie

Old 07-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Jovi Freak

Thanks for sharing your pics Terri!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:21 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Thanks Terri - it's always nice to have photos from shows that you were at. I do believe that my husband went out and bought a camera like yours today. Let's see - does that make the ticket price even higher LOL.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:33 AM
Disillusioned Diehard
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Thanks Terri - it's always nice to have photos from shows that you were at. I do believe that my husband went out and bought a camera like yours today. Let's see - does that make the ticket price even higher LOL.
LOL I think I sealed the deal when he saw the video I was able to get with it, Kathleen. (If I had thought I could get anything that good, I'd certainly have tried it earlier.) I hope you guys have fun with it!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:04 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

They look really awesome. Thanks for posting a link. What kind of camera do you have? I'm going to have to buy a new one.

I've taken an intial look at my photos and am pretty disappointed. The majority blurred. I figured out when Jon was in the audience that I was getting clearer photos using digital zoom instead of optical zoom, so I started using the digital. I know it's best to stick to optical zoom, but I think mine is just fried. The camera is only 4 years old, but it has been to a lot of concerts. It's not taking photos as quickly as it used to either.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Disillusioned Diehard
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
They look really awesome. Thanks for posting a link. What kind of camera do you have? I'm going to have to buy a new one.

I've taken an intial look at my photos and am pretty disappointed. The majority blurred. I figured out when Jon was in the audience that I was getting clearer photos using digital zoom instead of optical zoom, so I started using the digital. I know it's best to stick to optical zoom, but I think mine is just fried. The camera is only 4 years old, but it has been to a lot of concerts. It's not taking photos as quickly as it used to either.
I'm glad you like them, Becky. I have a Panasonic DMC-TZ3 that I bought during the weekend of the Jovi shows in Chicago in February. It has 7.2 megapixels and 10 X optical zoom. Since then, Panasonic has put out a new version of this camera with more megapixels, and another camera with 18 X zoom. It's hard to believe that a camera that I bought 5 months ago is already so out-of-date! Goodness only knows what will be available by the time the guys tour again.

I'm sorry your pics didn't turn out well. I had a lot of trouble at these shows (and in NYC), too. Most of what I got was because I was close to the side stage. It must have been divine intervention that allowed me to get photos of Jon & Richie during the acoustic Wanted. Those were by far the best shots I got of the main stage during the entire trip. I'm very glad to have those. Feel free to print, save, etc. any of mine that you want. And if you need the full-size files for any of them, just let me know. Photos aren't fun unless you share them!