Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Cadillac Man and Life's Too Short For Days Like This

General BJ Discussion

Old 11-03-2002, 04:51 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via MSN to Taija
Default Cadillac Man and Life's Too Short For Days Like This

Were these songs ever recorded in studio? I've only heard live versions of them. Or were they played live more than once? They are BJ's own songs, aren't they?

Taija

Old 11-03-2002, 04:58 PM
Blaze of Posting

Life's too Short for Days like these was played live more than once.and yes there is a Demo.
I've only heard one live version of Cadillac man and I haven't heard the Demo.But I do believe It exists since they Demo Almost everything they write and everything that even Comes close to the concert stage.
I do believe someone recorded a version of Cadillac man but I don't know who.
Old 11-03-2002, 04:59 PM
These Days

Nope... they were never recorded in studio. Cadillac has been played a few times in 90 / 91 and Jon played Life's too short in Germany 1998. Both songs are BJ songs (Life's too short was actually a Sex Sells demo from Jon). Cadillac man was written for a movie (with the same title) - but never released...
-- Sara
Old 11-03-2002, 05:06 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
Jon played Life's too short in Germany 1998. (Life's too short was actually a Sex Sells demo from Jon).
In the beginning of the version that I have, Jon says that "This is probably going to be on our next album so bootleggers roll your tapes" or something like that.

Quote:
Cadillac man was written for a movie (with the same title)...
But was never used?

These both are great songs and should have been on albums!!!

Taija
Old 11-03-2002, 05:15 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taija
Quote:
Jon played Life's too short in Germany 1998. (Life's too short was actually a Sex Sells demo from Jon).
In the beginning of the version that I have, Jon says that "This is probably going to be on our next album so bootleggers roll your tapes" or something like that.
That was in the time that Jon still thought that he was going to release another album (Sex Sells)... But obviously that never happened and Crush was the next album (which includes a couple of songs that Jon originally planned for SS).

Quote:
Quote:
Cadillac man was written for a movie (with the same title)...
But was never used?

These both are great songs and should have been on albums!!!

Taija
No unfortunately not... And I defenately agree with you that they should have been released - especially with Cadillac man! But well... who knows what the Box set will contain ! Cadillac man is for me one of the unreleased songs on top of the list of songs that I'd really like to see on the Box set.
-- Sara
Old 11-03-2002, 05:55 PM
Jovi FANatic

I've always thought that Sex Sells was going to be a BJ album. But was it Jon's solo project?? Are there more songs like this that were played live but not demoed?
Old 11-03-2002, 06:30 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taija
I've always thought that Sex Sells was going to be a BJ album. But was it Jon's solo project?? Are there more songs like this that were played live but not demoed?
Sex Sells was going to be Jon's third solo album which never materialised. Instead the song became a BJ song (like some of the others from that period Older, Hush) and was going to be the album title too. I guess somewhere down the line they found better songs and dropped the song completely.

Hopefully it'll be in the boxset next year at least.
Old 11-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige
Sex Sells was going to be Jon's third solo album which never materialised. Instead the song became a BJ song (like some of the others from that period Older, Hush) and was going to be the album title too.
So there is a song called Sex Sells? Never heard about it! Would someone who has it be so kind that you could send it to me? If it's possible, please PM me. I might not read this board until Wednesday, though. Got to go to school to another city and don't have too much time there

Taija
Old 11-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Jovi Addict

Jon was asked during the Crush press conference about the the title Sex Sells, which was what Crush was going to be called. Jon said they had a song of the same name; and it was a big stadium rocker that was going to be on the album and be the title track. Sex Sells was supposed to be produced by Bob Rock and Bruce Fairbairn. However Bruce died and Bon Jovi had some record label issues. During the delay while looking for a new producer and a record label; Jon and Richie wrote and demoed an additonal 30 songs to the 30 they already had. After the new 30 songs were born some of the orginal ones that were going to be on the disc to be released in 99 were dropped. Sex Sells the song and the cd title were both dropped, and Crush came out in 2000. Jon said we would hear Sex Sells as a b side or on the box set. Considering it was not a Crush b side it should end up on the box set. The Sex Sells that was supposed to come out in 99, would have basically been the solo cd that Jon was going to release in the fall of '98. Jon signed on for U-571 and put his solo cd on hold. By the time he was done of U-571 it was decided it was time for a band effort. Just Older, Stay, Life's Too Short For Days Like These, and Hush are just a few of the songs that waereintended for Jon's 3rd solo disc.

To best of my knowledge no one outside the Bon Jovi camp has heard the song Sex Sells.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjrsdc View Post
Jon was asked during the Crush press conference about the the title Sex Sells, which was what Crush was going to be called. Jon said they had a song of the same name; and it was a big stadium rocker that was going to be on the album and be the title track. Sex Sells was supposed to be produced by Bob Rock and Bruce Fairbairn. However Bruce died and Bon Jovi had some record label issues. During the delay while looking for a new producer and a record label; Jon and Richie wrote and demoed an additonal 30 songs to the 30 they already had. After the new 30 songs were born some of the orginal ones that were going to be on the disc to be released in 99 were dropped. Sex Sells the song and the cd title were both dropped, and Crush came out in 2000. Jon said we would hear Sex Sells as a b side or on the box set. Considering it was not a Crush b side it should end up on the box set. The Sex Sells that was supposed to come out in 99, would have basically been the solo cd that Jon was going to release in the fall of '98. Jon signed on for U-571 and put his solo cd on hold. By the time he was done of U-571 it was decided it was time for a band effort. Just Older, Stay, Life's Too Short For Days Like These, and Hush are just a few of the songs that waereintended for Jon's 3rd solo disc.

To best of my knowledge no one outside the Bon Jovi camp has heard the song Sex Sells.

I'm pretty hung up on hearing this track called Sex Sells.

Tags
cadillac man