Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Sinead O'Connor Found Safe After Suicidal Facebook Post

Other Bands

Old 11-30-2015, 07:56 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Sinead O'Connor Found Safe After Suicidal Facebook Post

Quote:
Washington Post: Beleaguered singer Sinead O’Connor is reportedly safe after posting a troubling message to her Facebook page late Sunday morning that appeared to suggest she was ending her life...

“I have taken an overdose,” she wrote. “There is no other way to get respect. I am not at home, I’m at a hotel, somewhere in Ireland, under another name...Well done guys, you’ve finally got rid of me…My children don’t care if I live r die anyway. Neither do their dads. Everyone is better off..."

“This week has broken me...The withholding of my babies from me without any sound reason by their fathers, Frank and Donal, and by Jake and the rest of my family, is a horrific set of betrayals..."
Donal Lunny is the father of Sinead's 11-year-old son Shane; Frank Bonadio fathered 8-year-old Yeshua; she delightedly reported that her oldest son Jake made her a grandmother in July. But like Axl Rose, Sinead has a history of bipolar disorder, and apparently Shane has been showing similar symptoms:
Quote:
Billboard: ...O’Connor posted...that her ex husband and eldest son “are refusing to let me see my sons...” An hour later, she posts an...OPEN LETTER TO MY BEAUTIFUL ARCHANGEL, SHANE:
Shane make a hospital keep you...Tell the doctors the truth. Jake and Donal and Luke didn't want to hear or believe a child could feel sucidal etc...They're all insane Shane. You and I are actually not...Nearly killing an animal is one step before killing a person. You need to be helped...
That same hour, she posts a photo of what appears to be a court order...An hour later, there is a short status that says simply: “...Both my boys. Wards of court.”
And if that weren't enough, there was public ridicule over this:
Quote:
TMZ: American Music Awards sources are saying they never wanted Sinead O'Connor to stand alongside Pope Francis on their show...they say she was the one pushing for the appearance.

Sources close to the production (say) it was actually HER team who contacted the AMAs...but having Sinead end her Pope beef during the show was NEVER discussed...

Sinead famously ripped apart a photo of Pope John Paul II during her 1992 performance on Saturday Night Live...which got her banned from the show for life.
She's got quite a bit to sort out, but I think she can do it -- since she believes that Simon Cowell helped "murder" the music industry and that "c*nts" like Kim Karsdashian shouldn't be in music magazines, her mind can't be completely gone. And she is certainly right about Shane: at his age, a large percentage of serial killers had a history of setting fires, uncontrolled bedwetting, or torturing animals.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-31-2021 at 09:34 PM..

Old 05-17-2016, 05:38 PM
Something for the Posts

Default 5/17 Update: Sinead O'Connor Found Safe After Suicidal Facebook Post

Quote:
TMZ: Sinead O'Connor's been forced out of her native Ireland by her father, ex-husband and ungrateful son -- if you buy what she's selling in a rambling angry (Facebook) letter...(She) blames her ex, John Reynolds, and son Jake for forcing her to "run to another continent just to stay alive."

She acknowledges having a "suicidal compulsion" and says to the men in her family, "Every one of you had better pray I die. Because I'm suing the f*** lot of you for what you've done to me if I manage to live through it...We are all going to court and we are gonna have this out in full public for once and for all."
She doesn't stand a chance of winning, of course -- the prosecution will simply point out that Sinead is borderline certifiable. Indeed, it's a safe bet that she left Ireland precisely because she suspected that she was on the verge of becoming a long-term inpatient. You should be able to find her latest Facebook rant here after she calms down and removes the original like she did last time.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-31-2021 at 09:31 PM..
Old 07-26-2023, 11:22 PM
Something for the Posts

2023 UPDATE: Sinéad O’Connor has died at the age of 56.

The artist, who courted controversy throughout her long career, rose to fame with her 1990 rendition of the Prince song “Nothing Compares 2 U,” which peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 that same year.
Her death comes one year after her 17-year-old son, Shane O’Connor, died of an apparent suicide. She announced his passing in January 2022.
In her lengthy career she released 10 studio albums, kicking it off with her 1987 alternative rock debut, “The Lion and the Cobra."

In 1991 she said she’d boycott the Grammy awards, claiming the Recording Academy awarded artists based on commercial success.

In October 1992, she infamously tore up a photo of Pope John Paul II and said, "Fight the real enemy," while performing as a musical guest on “Saturday Night Live.” She explained the move was in protest of child sexual abuse in the Catholic Church.

The move was met with an onslaught of high-profile criticism, with actor Joe Pesci in his “Saturday Night Live” monologue, and Madonna mocking her...by ripping up a photo of Long Island sex offender Joey Buttafuoco...Frank Sinatra went as far as to call her “one stupid broad." The move was also criticized by the Anti-Defamation League.

“I’m not sorry I did it. It was brilliant,” O’Connor said to The New York Times in 2021. “But it was very traumatizing.”

Despite declaring that she was not a mainstream pop star, she was nominated for several Grammys and won best alternative music performance for “I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got” in 1991.

In 2018, O'Connor converted to Islam and changed her name to “Shuhada.” “This is to announce that I am proud to have become a Muslim,” she wrote on Twitter on October 2018. “This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey. All scripture study leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant.”

“Her family and friends are devastated and have requested privacy at this very difficult time,” the singer’s family said in a statement to The Irish Times and the BBC.

A cause of death was not given.

Last edited by rocknation; 07-27-2023 at 01:16 AM..

Tags
sinead o'connor