Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 04-08-2020, 06:17 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Alicia Keys will have 0% impact on the moving of this date. What the heck are you talking about here? Neither will have any impact on the other. I would bet on most major albums being moved, just because it hasn't been announced yet doesn't mean it won't happen.

The tour will get moved, the album will get moved, doesn't matter how bad you want the album. Moving them is the right move.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:17 PM
Jovi Addict

OneRepublic have just announced they're postponing their album release as well:

Before the pandemic, we planned to release our album on May 8th. Due to the current circumstances requiring us to distance ourselves from each other and you, the release has been postponed. As many of you know we’ve been taking this unexpected time out to write and record some new music. Our new song “Better Days,” written while we were quarantined after returning from our European tour, will be on the album. Thank you all for sharing your lives with us for the official music video. We can’t wait to share it with you.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:19 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave88 View Post
OneRepublic have just announced they're postponing their album release as well:

Before the pandemic, we planned to release our album on May 8th. Due to the current circumstances requiring us to distance ourselves from each other and you, the release has been postponed. As many of you know we’ve been taking this unexpected time out to write and record some new music. Our new song “Better Days,” written while we were quarantined after returning from our European tour, will be on the album. Thank you all for sharing your lives with us for the official music video. We can’t wait to share it with you.
Probably because of Alicia Keys.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:46 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

I'm not really bothered when it comes out BUT it makes sense to postpone for many reasons. The tour dates are going to be postponed and the album HAS to come out around the same time otherwise it will flop massively. I agree about an EP of some sort. That, or the odd new video on YouTube etc...

We haven't even had any snippets or anything yet.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 04-08-2020, 08:16 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Even if the tour wasn't postponed, the albums can be. WAN was released a few days or week into the tour.
I think it's all matter of time when they announce postponing the tour. I think they're in a tougher situation that for example Queen whi postponed their tour exactly for one year. I mean, you don't want to promote a Bon Jovi 2020 tour for the first time in 2021 plus nobody knows it it were even possible to book the arenas in September. I'd say there were booked by other events before the virus.

Matt's idea to release an EP to pass the waiting for a delayed album is great because knowing Bon Jovi, there would be better songs than on the album

I'm quite sad how the delaying does nothing with me :/

Def Leppard delayed their Bluray release as well and that made me sad. I think the reasons are logical - with less people working, it's be more complicated to distrubute it plus we basically don't want people to gather in music shops (if there were people to gather in music shops for Bon Jovi today
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 04-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Price of posting

So ... I guess we have to wait, maybe September.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:52 PM
These Days

Jon said in the Shriver podcast that the tour was sold out. (Yeah, I don't believe it, either.)

But IF it's true, the ticket sales have already done their part towards the numbers for the release week, whenever it is. If they're still counting on additional ticket sales, however, delaying the release would make sense to take advantage of those unsold tickets.

Aside from that, I don't think the tour itself would have much impact, if any, on the chart position. I honestly don't think the album will have much impact on the tour attendance either, given the number of attendees who go to hear the hits. They rarely play many of the songs from their newest release anyway.

But all of this raises another question for me. I only checked a couple of venues to see how "sold out" they are and a lot of the available seats are "verified resale" tickets. How do those tickets fit in with the ticket bundling? Do the scalpers just get a boatload of the CD vouchers with the original purchase or do they get passed on to the people who buy the tickets from them? Just curious...

ETA: Another thought just occurred to me. Assuming David gets back on top of his game before this storm rides out I wonder how likely it is that he will be ready to jump right back into "tour" mode. The Diana previews got shut down shortly after it opened on Broadway; and he had seemed (rightfully) much more excited about Diana than he was about the release of the new album. I don't know how dero his involvement will be with Diana once it gets up and running; but if Broadway picks up where it left off, is he going to be willing to drop out of Diana to hit the road?

Last edited by JackieBlue; 04-08-2020 at 09:03 PM..
Old 04-08-2020, 10:06 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
I'm quite sad how the delaying does nothing with me :/
The sad thing is that I had the exact same thoughts today. I realized that I don't care if it's out in May, September or if I never heard it.
Even with THINFS, as much Jovi-by-numbers that lead single was, it came at a point in my life where I needed a bit of that underdog/fight-back message and the album really spoke to me for a certain amount of time. Now, with everything we've heard thus far, I haven't felt any emotions in or towards the music and that tastes like bitter wine...
Old 04-08-2020, 10:32 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post

ETA: Another thought just occurred to me. Assuming David gets back on top of his game before this storm rides out I wonder how likely it is that he will be ready to jump right back into "tour" mode. The Diana previews got shut down shortly after it opened on Broadway; and he had seemed (rightfully) much more excited about Diana than he was about the release of the new album. I don't know how dero his involvement will be with Diana once it gets up and running; but if Broadway picks up where it left off, is he going to be willing to drop out of Diana to hit the road?
That's a very good point. Everyone's been able to juggle everything and align the timelines and upcoming things by planning everything so far in advance. Now everything will be competing to start first. Interested to see how this all plays out,
Old 04-08-2020, 10:39 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via AIM to Adam D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
That's a very good point. Everyone's been able to juggle everything and align the timelines and upcoming things by planning everything so far in advance. Now everything will be competing to start first. Interested to see how this all plays out,
David ends up leaving the band too, after claiming that he was forced into touring too quickly.

Fans will then perceive the album in a negative light, claiming it makes What About Now look like a masterpiece.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Slippery When Wet
The Circle
Crush
Have A Nice Day
Lost Highway
What About Now
Bounce
7800 Fahrenheit
Bon Jovi

"Each song played was just another example of how ingenious these guys are at writing choruses that make you feel like there’s a big game tomorrow, that you’re the underdog, and that you’re going to win."

Tags
2020 (album)