Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Phil X

Tour Discussion

Old 11-03-2019, 06:10 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Aye, aye, sir!
It might take more than one person but there is also that one person throwing the bait each time...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2019, 07:22 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

You're all part of the problem and all trying to get mods to fix it the way you see fit. Think of it like that.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
You're all part of the problem and all trying to get mods to fix it the way you see fit. Think of it like that.

This. Just stop the finger pointing and get over the fact that sometimes you may be wrong. This is a message board, not a place where if you don’t prove to everybody how brilliant and knowledgeable you are all the time, you’ll loose your job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2019, 11:16 PM
Jovi Freak

Rdkopper for President!
JackieBlue, certainly RD is a kid I mean a dog, lol
And our emails are nobody’s business
No idea why you are still no commenting on Phil X’s new song
Old 11-05-2019, 03:36 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
No idea why you are still no commenting on Phil X’s new song
Because I haven't listened to it yet. I'll get around to it eventually, I'm sure.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:26 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Because I haven't listened to it yet. I'll get around to it eventually, I'm sure.
I’ve should say new official video or video clip or whatever!
Old 11-05-2019, 11:46 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

This is probably the biggest Czech rock band called Lucie with their song from the latest album (201. The reason I'm sharing it here is that it's actually Phil X playing the guitars. I think he shines on the solo and outro.

Unfotunately, there is no other studio track version on youtube but the official video, where you can see the band's guitarist prented to play the parts. Btw he can't nail the solo, when he has to play it live.

Nejlepší kterou znám means The Best One I Know. Hope, you'll enjoy it, it's worth a listen, if you can stand my native tongue.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 11-06-2019, 01:39 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
This is probably the biggest Czech rock band called Lucie with their song from the latest album (201. The reason I'm sharing it here is that it's actually Phil X playing the guitars. I think he shines on the solo and outro.

Unfotunately, there is no other studio track version on youtube but the official video, where you can see the band's guitarist prented to play the parts. Btw he can't nail the solo, when he has to play it live.

Nejlepší kterou znám means The Best One I Know. Hope, you'll enjoy it, it's worth a listen, if you can stand my native tongue.
LUCIE - Nejlep?í, kterou znám (oficiální videoklip) - YouTube
Your native tongue is fine and the music isn't bad either. However if you hadn't told us, none of us would know that is Phil playing the guitar. And yes he shines but I like Phil and his guitar. He doesn't play in the style of Richie and many people criticize him for that. He is however, very much his own style.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:48 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
I’ve should say new official video or video clip or whatever!
I just listened to it. Not crazy about it though. It seems disjointed and noisy - kinda like he's taken chunks from various unfinished songs and smashed them together.

Definitely not up to Something to Say and I Want My Money Back, both of which I really liked. I think the lyrics in both of those songs are very clever whereas in the new song, they're hard to follow and make sense of.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:15 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Your native tongue is fine and the music isn't bad either. However if you hadn't told us, none of us would know that is Phil playing the guitar. And yes he shines but I like Phil and his guitar. He doesn't play in the style of Richie and many people criticize him for that. He is however, very much his own style.
Yeah, he may not have a signature sound as such. He has always been a hired gun so he must be able to fit whatever the producers want.
While listening to the song for the first time, I said to myself that I like the guitar and that I don't believe it's played by the band's guitarist. I was surprised to learn it was Phil.

I'm glad you liked the song. I hope more people will listen and give a comment
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights