Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 11-07-2019, 04:25 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Not sure I agree but get what you're saying. We've heard his lower register before, both live and in studio, the last few releases have this almost sludge like sound to it. Some songs on THINFS massively have it, some dont, but I don't know what it is or how to explain what I'm hearing haha.
Yeah, I know what you mean. If we're talking about the same thing, it's something that back in 2013, and I mentioned it back then - only that then it sounded like he had too much spit in his mouth or something, and then it got worse in 2015/2016. I have no idea what's causing this, but I don't think it's due to doctoring/filtering in the studio. Then again, strangely enough, his talking voice sounds ok for the most part...
Old 11-07-2019, 04:51 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan93 View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean. If we're talking about the same thing, it's something that back in 2013, and I mentioned it back then - only that then it sounded like he had too much spit in his mouth or something, and then it got worse in 2015/2016. I have no idea what's causing this, but I don't think it's due to doctoring/filtering in the studio. Then again, strangely enough, his talking voice sounds ok for the most part...
I was watching something about Bon Jovi the other day on YouTube. When it was over, the next video in line auto started which was some fan club thing that his brother Matt was promoting... I wasn't watching at this point and was only half listening... Jon's brother Matt talks exactly like Jon to the point of me thinking it was Jon... I was like "what the hell is Jon talking about" went over to the computer and saw it was Matt... Even the laugh is almost identical.

My point to all this is, you can kinda use Matt's speaking voice as a gauge to judge Jon's speaking voice...

I know it sounds weird and maybe a bit of a stretch but Matt's speaking voices is a little rougher than Jon's and he didn't abuse his voice for 35 years. Jon's speaking voice is probably what it should naturally sound like for a guy pushing 60.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2019, 05:16 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
The fact that there are some songs on THINFS that have it (Born again Tomorrow, Roller Coaster, Living With the Ghost) and some that don't (Labor of Love, Come on Up...,) is what confuses me most. It's not as present on HAND but there, full on WAN.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I was watching something about Bon Jovi the other day on YouTube. When it was over, the next video in line auto started which was some fan club thing that his brother Matt was promoting... I wasn't watching at this point and was only half listening... Jon's brother Matt talks exactly like Jon to the point of me thinking it was Jon... I was like "what the hell is Jon talking about" went over to the computer and saw it was Matt... Even the laugh is almost identical.

My point to all this is, you can kinda use Matt's speaking voice as a gauge to judge Jon's speaking voice...

I know it sounds weird and maybe a bit of a stretch but Matt's speaking voices is a little rougher than Jon's and he didn't abuse his voice for 35 years. Jon's speaking voice is probably what it should naturally sound like for a guy pushing 60.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Yep. Jon pretty much made a pact with the devil in order to have success, meaning that he always pushed up to (and past) 100% of what he was capable of in the studio. Even back in 1992 and 1994, when he had to "live to track" promo performances in the original key of the song, he was noteably out of his comfort zone. There's a reason why their live shows got downtuned already when he was in his 20's. He's literally abused it to the point of no return.
And to add to the point of Matt sounding like Jon: Go to the 7 minute mark in this video where they talk about his problems on the SWW and NJ tours.
His father's voice sounds almost exactly like Tico! So from a genetic point of view - that's where it'll take him. In a few years it'll literally be impossible for him to even get near the requiured notes of 80% of the Jovi catalogue.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:20 PM
Jovi Addict

First time I've not rushed to listen a "Bon Jovi" song - I've heard it once and was bored as hell, for a good cause tho - I like the This House record tho so will give the new record a go - Just my 2 cents
Old 11-08-2019, 08:27 PM
Dry County

Send a message via MSN to LeaJovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Yep. Jon pretty much made a pact with the devil in order to have success, meaning that he always pushed up to (and past) 100% of what he was capable of in the studio. Even back in 1992 and 1994, when he had to "live to track" promo performances in the original key of the song, he was noteably out of his comfort zone. There's a reason why their live shows got downtuned already when he was in his 20's. He's literally abused it to the point of no return.
Adding to your point, I could not find a single Livin on a prayer close or better than the studio version. That "the tube" performance is kinda close but no key change chorus so it really doesn't count.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:11 PM
Dry County

There was an interview on Twitter where Jon talks a little about the song. He basically said he was asked to write the song for the documentary:

https://twitter.com/FOXSports/status...126725120?s=20

BTW, I can't get that song out of my head...
Old 11-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
BTW, I can't get that song out of my head...
I feel sorry for you.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Send a message via MSN to jon-flp

Lyric video for Unbroken:

Old 11-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Price of posting

https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/s...684473856?s=19

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Tags
2020 (album)