Michael Jackson's Prince advice

Other Bands

Old 07-23-2007, 06:28 PM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to mo_rizwan
Default Michael Jackson's Prince advice

23 July 2007
Michael Jackson's Prince advice

Michael Jackson is being advised on how to save his career by former chart rival Prince.

The eccentric star has reportedly turned to Prince, who he battled for pop supremacy in the 80s, for help with his comeback.

The 'Purple Rain' singer is said to have told Michael to play a series of acoustic shows in Las Vegas to prove to the world he is still an amazing talent.

A source told the New York Post newspaper: "Prince has been suggesting that Michael play a sequence of unplugged concerts in Las Vegas - just Michael and the microphone. No gimmicks, no costume changes, no smoke or mirrors, just his voice."

Source: Monsters and Critics

Old 07-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Next 100 Posts

I like that advice from Prince. As strange as Michael Jackson's antics have been for the past 15 years, his music is still awesome.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

It's a good idea. Everyone's expecting Jackson to simply be more of a nut, and all the media probably want him to fall flat on his face.

What a come back it would be with none of the flash, just his voice and a couple of acoustic instruments...

If he actually CAN still sing, it would be a pretty phenomenal show.

On a side note, Chris Cornell did an acoustic cover of Billie Jean, and it was freaking awesome!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Last Man Standing

Yeh but MJ shows wernt really based on his voice were they, he was known for the special effects etc. I think he should now take a backseat and write and produce for other artists. Hes clearly not up to performing anymore
Old 07-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Hard to believe Michael Jackson will be 50 years old next year. It's questionable if he can still perform these days, not based on his age, but the fact that he hasn't toured for 10 years. His music is still awesome though, but I'm a bit sceptical about his upcoming album. He's probably gona be co-working and dueting with people like 50 Cent and Ja Rule and many other loathsome artists.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2k86 View Post
Hard to believe Michael Jackson will be 50 years old next year. It's questionable if he can still perform these days, not based on his age, but the fact that he hasn't toured for 10 years. His music is still awesome though, but I'm a bit sceptical about his upcoming album. He's probably gona be co-working and dueting with people like 50 Cent and Ja Rule and many other loathsome artists.
It definitely is a big ? over whether he would be able to do it at all, but I don't think there's anyone in the world who grew up in the 80's/early 90's who didn't like at least some of his music at some point, so in that way he's legendary....so if he COULD pull off a comeback it would be pretty cool.

To the other point, yeah his shows are all flash and fancy dancing, but it would still be interesting. Have a live track of his doing Earth song somewhere on my laptop and on that he definitely CAN sing. Think that was from the HIStory tour as well, so it was a bit past his hey day.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
wolfgang

It sounds like the Purple One is trying to play a joke on MJ because he knows MJ couldnt pull off an acoustic concert like that
Old 07-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang View Post
It sounds like the Purple One is trying to play a joke on MJ because he knows MJ couldnt pull off an acoustic concert like that
He won't know 'til Jacko tries. I reckon it'll be interesting aswell.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Tags
michael jackson, prince (musician)