Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bounce Demos in HD

General BJ Discussion

Old 01-27-2021, 08:32 PM
Next 100 Posts

Send a message via MSN to jimmyjovi89
Default Bounce Demos in HD

Hey guys I’ve been listening to the discography in HD and really noticed a difference in the sound quality. I love Bounce but I do think some of the demos are better than the album tracks. Doesn’t anyone have any quality versions of the songs or know where to get them from?

Old 01-27-2021, 08:40 PM
Jovi Freak

I mean, they are demos. Of course they're (not all) full blown hi-fi studio productions. Most (if not all) of them were available on singles and the like, so it's not like they're lossy rips?
Old 01-27-2021, 09:59 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
I mean, they are demos. Of course they're (not all) full blown hi-fi studio productions. Most (if not all) of them were available on singles and the like, so it's not like they're lossy rips?
Yeah this. The ones floating around are just MP3 versions of what was released on singles. You could increase the quality to do a straight .wav rip but it's not going to make it THAT much better if you're looking for the overproduced sound the final album has.

A lot of them are pretty much live off the floor without a ton of overdubbing.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:17 PM
Next 100 Posts

Send a message via MSN to jimmyjovi89

Cheers guys I’ve got the mp3s, I like the songs the way they are production wise it’s just making sure I’ve got the best sounding versions.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:06 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Personally, I think the best sounding version of the Bounce demos can be found on the 2003 Target CD.

https://www.discogs.com/Bon-Jovi-Bon...elease/2108923

1. Breathe (Demo)
2. Lucky (Demo)
3. No Regrets (Demo)
4. Standing (Demo)
5. We Can Dance (Demo)
6. Misunderstood (Live)
7. Everyday (Acoustic)
8. Just Older (LIve)

The five demos have much better dynamic range on that disc compared to the singles they were released on. I neglected buying it at the time but I happened to have an MP3 version of that disc on my computer and decided to compare the waveforms and I couldn't believe how much better they looks (and sounded) compared to the b-side versions I'd been listening to. Based on this I decided to buy the CD from Amazon UK and was able to find it at a fair price and they were the same mastering as the MP3's I had. No remixing going on however, they're the exact same songs/versions but just with much more depth and feel compared to the brickwalled CD single b-side versions. The three live tracks still had low DR values however.

I uploaded the DR values on here;

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/149339

I wish I'd known about this years earlier as I wouldn't have bothered with collecting as many of the singles otherwise. Even if you're not interested in dynamic range but want to collect the Bounce b-sides, this is an essential purchase and saves you money buying the Japanese single of "Everyday" for "Breathe".

I all fairness, most of the Bounce demos that were released sounded as good as finished anyway. It's not like any of them sounded rough in any way. There are no HD releases of these songs. CD is as good as it will ever get.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 07-11-2022 at 01:06 AM..
Old 01-28-2021, 12:37 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
Personally, I think the best sounding version of the Bounce demos can be found on the 2003 Target CD.

https://www.discogs.com/Bon-Jovi-Bon...elease/2108923

1. Breathe (Demo)
2. Lucky (Demo)
3. No Regrets (Demo)
4. Standing (Demo)
5. We Can Dance (Demo)
6. Misunderstood (Live)
7. Everyday (Acoustic)
8. Just Older (LIve)

The five demos have much better dynamic range on that disc compared to the singles they were released on. I neglected buying it at the time but I happened to have an MP3 version of that disc on my computer and decided to compare the waveforms and I couldn't believe how much better they looks (and sounded) compared to the b-side versions I'd been listening to. Based on this I decided to buy the CD from Amazon UK and was able to find it at a fair price and they were the same mastering as the MP3's I had. No remixing going on however, they're the exact same songs/versions but just with much more depth and feel compared to the brickwalled CD single b-side versions. The three live tracks still had low DR values however.

I uploaded the DR values on here;

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/149339

I wish I'd known about this years earlier as I wouldn't have bothered with collecting as many of the singles otherwise. Even if you're not interested in dynamic range but want to collect the Bounce b-sides, this is an essential purchase and saves you money buying the Japanese single of "Everyday" for "Breathe".

I all fairness, most of the Bounce demos that were released sounded as good as finished anyway. It's not like any of them sounded rough in any way. There are no HD releases of these songs. CD is as good as it will ever get.
I was always curious as to how Another Reason To Believe would sound included in the bonus disc from 100 millions cant be wrong Japan edition.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:41 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I was always curious as to how Another Reason To Believe would sound included in the bonus disc from 100 millions cant be wrong Japan edition.
I've no idea about that one but I'm guessing it'll me in keeping with the other "main" discs. Also, a lot of the songs from the Box Set had different mixes/takes compared to previously released versions. Could be wrong though. Maybe someone here has it can could confirm?

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 01-28-2021 at 01:09 AM..
Old 01-28-2021, 12:45 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Exactly the same as the one on the Everyday single. All of the tracks from the bonus disc were taken straight from B-sides. No remixes or overdubs.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:56 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Exactly the same as the one on the Everyday single. All of the tracks from the bonus disc were taken straight from B-sides. No remixes or overdubs.
Ok, thanks for the info.

I was always tempted to buy the box Japan set back to get that bonus disc, hoping it would have superior sound quality.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:12 AM
Jovi Freak

Speaking of which... is Another Reason To Believe better than No Regrets, or is it vice versa?

Tags
bounce, demos