Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Self Titled & 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit

General BJ Discussion

Old 01-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Banned User
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion View Post

As every music genre, there will be good and bad bands.

Bon Jovi was one, and they had talent. You can't change the past.

Best regards.
ok King of bold words

Old 01-25-2010, 03:55 AM
Breakout

Send a message via Yahoo to bonjovi_forever89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Hate to piss on your bonfire mate but Obie's got a track record of being wrong. Be great if they did though. They'll probably throw In and Outta Love in for a couple of shows and do Tokyo Road in Japan and that'll be it.
Yup, I won't be surprised at all if this is the case. Hopefully they'll pull out some rarities tho
Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland View Post
ok good point but I was not only talking about the music itself and you are right that they still play SWW and NJ song en masse. But somehow I got the feeling that Jon is ashamed of being part of the 80's. Why is he ? I never understaood. That's how it was done then - I cannot think of Paul McCartney being ashamed of having a dreadful hair or making stupid music movies
I understand that Jon doesn't want to be a nostalgia act - but the older they and their fans get the more the old songs will be desired. BJ won't release classics like NJ or SWW anymore...
I think there is something to be said for Jon and Richie being against the
"Hair Band" label, which is something that IMO they shouldn't totally ignore OR totally embrace. But I think the bottom line is that if the debut (outside of Runaway) or 7800* had songs on them that truly had a MAJOR impact on the band's career, they would still be played.

Last edited by Crushgen24/88; 01-25-2010 at 11:30 AM..
Old 01-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
What's wrong with hair metal?? They're crazy..
Damn straight brotha, there isn't anything wrong with hair metal.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Keep the Faith

i just don't think jon likes being grouped into the 'hair band' category as he's work very hard to distance the band from that. undeniable is the fact that a lot of those bands simlply faded away, whereas jovi went on to re-invent themselves, a couple of times over.

i've always got the impression that bon jovi ignore those roots in the hunt of a little more respect, which, for me, they deserve.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:05 PM
It's my post

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † View Post
i've always got the impression that bon jovi ignore those roots in the hunt of a little more respect, which, for me, they deserve.
Yeah I agree. That's why I don't really like the hair metal tag that Bon Jovi had back then. Certainly when you look at what Bon Jovi did from NJ to TD, they were a mature rock band then. Hair metal is probably what Bon Jovi were in the 80s, but the songs where a lot better than most hair metal bands out there. I'd prefer to call it stadium rock rather than hair metal as I think the music deserves more.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † View Post
i just don't think jon likes being grouped into the 'hair band' category as he's work very hard to distance the band from that. undeniable is the fact that a lot of those bands simlply faded away, whereas jovi went on to re-invent themselves, a couple of times over.

Sure but there were lots of great Hair Metal bands back then: WInger (Still awesome and far away from Hair Metal)/Skid ROw with bach and the fab Cinderella. Nothing wrong to be named in one sentence with them.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Yeah I agree. That's why I don't really like the hair metal tag that Bon Jovi had back then. Certainly when you look at what Bon Jovi did from NJ to TD, they were a mature rock band then. Hair metal is probably what Bon Jovi were in the 80s, but the songs where a lot better than most hair metal bands out there. I'd prefer to call it stadium rock rather than hair metal as I think the music deserves more.
Since when Hair Metal was about "bad music"?

Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses, Whitesnake, Tesla, Damn Yankees, Mötley Crüe, Mr. Big, Extreme, etc, had a lot of talent. There were bad bands too, like every music genre.

Best regards.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:31 AM
It's my post

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion View Post
Since when Hair Metal was about "bad music"?

Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Guns N' Roses, Whitesnake, Tesla, Damn Yankees, Mötley Crüe, Mr. Big, Extreme, etc, had a lot of talent. There were bad bands too, like every music genre.

Best regards.
If you read my post more carefully you'd see that that's exactly what I'm trying to say. Hair metal music is underated. It's the hair, the glitz and the glamour that takes all the limelight and not the music. I believe Bon Jovi to be one of the best hair metal bands, if that is what you are going to categorise them as, but I don't blame Bon Jovi from wanting to get away from that as they, like I probably think that the music deserves more credit than to be eclipsed by the hair and the glamour of it all. I know we can see this, but a lot of people just seem to overlook the music and it gives the music critics a field day when it comes to writing reviews. It's all most of them ever seem to talk about.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Banned User

Quote:
If you read my post more carefully you'd see that that's exactly what I'm trying to say. Hair metal music is underated. It's the hair, the glitz and the glamour that takes all the limelight and not the music. I believe Bon Jovi to be one of the best hair metal bands, if that is what you are going to categorise them as, but I don't blame Bon Jovi from wanting to get away from that as they, like I probably think that the music deserves more credit than to be eclipsed by the hair and the glamour of it all. I know we can see this, but a lot of people just seem to overlook the music and it gives the music critics a field day when it comes to writing reviews. It's all most of them ever seem to talk about.
YUp - There were some bad "Hair Metal " Bands b4 Nivana destroyed the music scene. But even the best Grunge bands were far worse than the best Hair metal bands when it comes to musical skills. I still rate Nirvana as garbage!

Tags
7800° fahrenheit, bon jovi (album)