Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Official May 12th Toronto, Canada Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 05-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamS View Post
Watched this show from behind the stage and from the first verse of "This House'' I knew it was gonna be a tough set for Jon, the voice was tired already but the confidence was there until he flubbed the words to ''Because We Can''. Which was when I think the snowball started. It was so clear Jon's mind was somewhere else during the whole set and totally overthinking his singing, maybe the most forced performance I've ever seen in any concert.

The professionalism cannot be overlooked with this band and the front man, he did everything he could, and he does that every night.

When he ended up screwing up two verses of ''Bad Medicine'' it looked like it was painful and Jon looked embarrassed. I've been onstage and forgot lyrics to songs I've sung hundreds of times and I know how hard it is to mentally come back from it sometimes, and I could tell Jon was pissed and deflated.

Coming back for the Encore I watched the backstage, as I found out later, the band was informed that they were cutting ''I'll Be There For You'' and ''Saturday Night''. Jon was clearly pissed before putting on the Smile and walking up the steps to start ''Make A Memory''.

If I am not mistaken Jon was the first to walk off the stage after a super quick bow after ''Prayer'' and I am not sure who he was looking at coming off stage but when he saw the person his face went totally pissed and deflated again and the fake smile was totally gone.

All in all, a great night of music with my favorite band in a great city, but a struggle mentally and physically for the lead singer.
Interesting perception. Glad you still enjoyed the show.

He could easily have just done a Wanted and Prayer encore so at least he threw Memory in there which sounded very good on the recording I got.

From the front he looked a lot, lot happier than the last few tours that I saw him in 5 years ago. Either way he and the band gave it their all. It annoys me when he’s called lazy after a show like that. They guy’s 56 and was all over the stage all night giving his everything! If he drops some songs I don’t think it’s because he wants an early night!

Hopefully they have two good Montreal shows now that spur them onto come back to Europe!

Manchester, UK 09/07/96
Stoke, UK 23/08/00
Milton Keynes, UK 15/06/01
Manchester, UK 26/06/03
Manchester, UK 04/06/06
Milton Keynes, UK 10/06/06
Milton Keynes, UK 11/06/06
Hamburg, Germany 28/05/08
Manchester, UK 22/06/08
London, UK 20/06/10
Manchester, UK 24/06/11
London, UK 25/06/11
Manchester, UK 08/06/13
Birmingham, UK 09/06/13
Toronto, Canada 12/05/18
Liverpool, UK 19/06/19
London, UK 21/06/19

Old 05-17-2018, 06:39 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyshaker View Post
Interesting perception. Glad you still enjoyed the show.

He could easily have just done a Wanted and Prayer encore so at least he threw Memory in there which sounded very good on the recording I got.

From the front he looked a lot, lot happier than the last few tours that I saw him in 5 years ago. Either way he and the band gave it their all. It annoys me when he’s called lazy after a show like that. They guy’s 56 and was all over the stage all night giving his everything! If he drops some songs I don’t think it’s because he wants an early night!

Hopefully they have two good Montreal shows now that spur them onto come back to Europe!
I definitely don't think he is lazy. The man still moves around like he's 10-15 years younger than he actually is. I just think he can sometimes take the easy way out at times but who am I to say? I don't have the vocal problems he does.

Well... I do but I don't make a living from singing haha.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 05-17-2018, 07:36 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyshaker View Post
It annoys me when he’s called lazy after a show like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
I just think he can sometimes take the easy way out at times
Where is JackieBlue? To give us a definition of "lazy" hihi