Thanks.

Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days
Old 04-11-2021, 02:31 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
What's BSB?
You're 35, don't act like you've never boped to I Want It That Way.
Old 04-11-2021, 07:11 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
You're 35, don't act like you've never boped to I Want It That Way.
Tell me why!

Old 04-12-2021, 03:13 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Tell me why!
Also anyone should know that It's My Life was penned by Max Martin, and who likes that song should listen to some of the BSB stuff, there are similar and other good songs there.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:00 PM
Jovi Freak

Yeah, you can tell when he co-wrote something. Compare BJ's Complicated with Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl. "Felt so wrong, felt so right" versus "It's alright, it's okay" especially.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:30 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Yeah, you can tell when he co-wrote something. Compare BJ's Complicated with Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl. "Felt so wrong, felt so right" versus "It's alright, it's okay" especially.
Right, I had almost forgotten he co-wrote that one, too.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:49 AM
Price of posting

Using hit writers of Boybands and artists like Britney Spears seems pathetic to me.. especially for a rock band.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 04-14-2021 at 12:53 AM..
Old 04-14-2021, 01:03 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Using hit writers of Boybands and artists like Britney Spears seems pathetic to me.. especially for a rock band.
On some level, yeah. But on another, have you seen what Desmond Child has co-written? It's not really different.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:33 PM
Livin' on a Post

hi folks.

Havent been posting in a while. Was a bit frustrated with covid-19 and all. But yeah. Few thougths.

Saw a video of John lurking around some cellar showing ancient clothes and some pictures. My brain instantly reminded me that *this is it* the JBJ vault experience. I want the 80s goodies (of course). So what's happening?! Came here and been reading all these posts about the subject.

My takes:

#1 Be precise about your offer. Let the fans know more about the actual content.

#2 Let fans VOTE for what they want. 80s/90s/00s? audio/video? studio/live?

#3 Make a kickstarter or some similar campaign for stuff. For GOOD stuff and then proceed forward. Few suggestions:
- "Hammersmith 1990 on glorious 180gm triple vinyl" - how many backers?
- "all the 80s demos on deluxe box including 10 c-cassettes in pristine quality with artwork from the actual time frame along with studio document re-prints and few promoshoots"? - how many backers?

Do it the way METALLICA DID on their SUPER DELUXE editions. I mean come on!! You got enough stuff for a glorious Slippery When Wet SUPER DUPER UBER DELUXE: Jon&Richie demos, pre-production demos, studio demos, 5.1 audio, vinyl, the videos etcetc.

Because at the moment this whole thing is *confusing* to say at least.

ps. I do not need any random *stuff* that says "Bon Jovi" in it. Just the music (on physical media).

Last edited by rokuli; 04-14-2021 at 10:41 PM..
Old 04-15-2021, 12:04 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuli View Post
hi folks.

Havent been posting in a while. Was a bit frustrated with covid-19 and all. But yeah. Few thougths.

Saw a video of John lurking around some cellar showing ancient clothes and some pictures. My brain instantly reminded me that *this is it* the JBJ vault experience. I want the 80s goodies (of course). So what's happening?! Came here and been reading all these posts about the subject.

My takes:

#1 Be precise about your offer. Let the fans know more about the actual content.

#2 Let fans VOTE for what they want. 80s/90s/00s? audio/video? studio/live?

#3 Make a kickstarter or some similar campaign for stuff. For GOOD stuff and then proceed forward. Few suggestions:
- "Hammersmith 1990 on glorious 180gm triple vinyl" - how many backers?
- "all the 80s demos on deluxe box including 10 c-cassettes in pristine quality with artwork from the actual time frame along with studio document re-prints and few promoshoots"? - how many backers?

Do it the way METALLICA DID on their SUPER DELUXE editions. I mean come on!! You got enough stuff for a glorious Slippery When Wet SUPER DUPER UBER DELUXE: Jon&Richie demos, pre-production demos, studio demos, 5.1 audio, vinyl, the videos etcetc.

Because at the moment this whole thing is *confusing* to say at least.

ps. I do not need any random *stuff* that says "Bon Jovi" in it. Just the music (on physical media).
First off, frigging LOVE this idea.

THAT being said, and I know I'm being a Repetitive Ronny over here, the people over the moon happy with what they're getting aren't necessarily after the rarest of bootlegs and never-seen-before shows. If that's what they were after there would be a bloodbath on social media.

I love the idea of a kickstarter-campaign to determine what to put out but I feel like a big backlash would hit for a multi-million-dollar band to ask for money to do something. But something to show what numbers are like for certain items I think is such a good idea. My big fear is the numbers just aren't there for the stuff we want, forcing them to charge through the roof to hit the numbers they want.

But if it's not a total financial loss to put stuff like that out and puts them back in the fans good graces, they need that for the next tour/album cycle. With no curtain at all as far as knowing what the current album sales are, they can't fall back on lies and brags that mean nothing.