Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

So you've ripped it.............

New Bon Jovi Releases

View Poll Results: What Will You Do Next.................
Ripped it and will now buy the CD 59 83.10%
Ripped it but will now NOT buy CD 8 11.27%
Ripped it but will delete it and not buy it 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Keep the Faith

Downloaded the leak yesterday but of course will still buy it. Typically buy albums off iTunes, but most likely will buy a physical copy to share with Mom.
3/22/11 - Salt Lake City, UT - EnergySolutions Arena
4/16/13 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
10/23/13 - Chicago, IL - United Center
2/23/17 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Arena
3/14/18 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
4/1/22 - Omaha, NE - CHI Health Center

Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Downloaded it, listened to it once, then turned it off by the time I'd reached the bonus tracks. Won't buy it, and I have to be in a really good mood to buy a second hand copy. The 3,50 I'd have to spend on it I feel is better spend on something else that I actually do like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
If you flat out hated the last 3 albums, you are no longer a current fan which makes you now longer a die-hard. If you think that they are just ok, you should own them.
Yeah...I went to 7 shows of the 2011 tour but didn't buy the Greatest Hits. I saw more than 10 shows in 2010, travelled 10.000 miles and saw shows in 3 different countries yet hadn't liked a new Bon Jovi album in years. I've got at least 3 different copies of every record up to Bounce, with 7 different copies of These Days topping the list. I've bought every single CD single that's out there back when I still liked the output of the band, making me own at least 100 different official CD's, whether it's a single, maxi single, bonus disc or just a regular copy of a disc. I spend 5 years running a Bon Jovi bootleg community and have a website that is one of the most visited Bon Jovi sites out there. All of this is not meant to brag, but just to point out how I am supporting this band.

But, according to your fine criteria I'm not a die hard, because I don't like the new music. When it comes to "supporting" this band, I think I can say I've done my fair share of it. I get tired of people on here slamming others for not liking what they like and saying they're not a fan because I don't live up to their standards. Because really, if we're measuring what defines a die hard by the amount of support people show for them I think it's fair to say I've supported this band than many other people who have been there from the beginning, and I doubt you've spend as much money, time and energy on this band, despite, according to you, having followed them from the beginning. Everyone supports this band in their own way, so stop being so judgemental of other peoples motives when there's no legimate reason for it apart from your gut feeling. Thank you very much.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 03-07-2013 at 09:30 PM..
Old 03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
In my opinion a die-hard should own at least every official release!

How can someone say "I'm a die-hard but I only own 7 albums because the remaining 5 suck"? or "I'm a die-hard but my collection was downloaded illegally"?

There is also a fine line between stating an opinion on something you don't like and the constant harping on something you don't own.

If you listened to the album and don't like it, you absolutely have every right to state an opinion. However, there are people who download it illegally and make comments like they own it. I have a problem with credibility when it comes to someone stating something surrounding certain factors when they don't officially own the thing.

Maybe I'm old school but again, it comes down to Character!
Should own everything? Why? I'd like to add that die-hard should own at least 3 different versions of every release. I mean, average Joe can own a local copies, die-hards need to work a little harder to get something less-ordinary. Bah.

With the exeption of things that suck. Not buying such is the only way to send a message back.

Officially own? Sheesh. You know you can listen to things you don't own, legally. At a friends place and so on. So from my point of view such listener is very much allowed to form an opinion, and even dislike. But I'll try to keep in mind that there are people like you who think that opinions can only be based on bought items. Stupid, but now I know you are out there. Not that it makes any difference to me or the way I form my opinions.

Once again you bring up CHARACTER. Something that person who buys everything that has certain name on it on autopilot certainly doesn't show. Maybe I'm old school, but I just think that money should be earned, not given out based on just a name on a cover.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNickel View Post
These people who don't like the new stuff give the new stuff a chance and choose not to buy something they deem to be crap. These fans still follow the band and await a day they improve their quality. A die hard isn't someone who just goes with it, because they feel they're obligated to be loyal to the band. You don't need to be loyal to a group of millionaires +.
Well, to tell you the truth I think that some of the people who don't like the new stuff already knew they wouldn't like it 2 years ago, coz they "like the old stuff, back when BJ was a great band, blablabla", they "like good music" i.e. they're ok for a Bono's fart but not for Jon's, all that kind of crap.

Anyway you can be a real fan and not buy the new stuff if you don't like it, I'm ok with that.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Posting Always

Oh, and after quick look the leak is actually available already here and there as "flac". So, i-tunes-superior-quality-person, what next?

And no, didn't grab it. I don't enjoy it so I don't bother getting it.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Posting Always

I condem every person who has been downloading it illegally. You people are contributing to the music industry going the way it is. I have never illegally downloaded an official purchase. I have bought every Bon Jovi album I own.

I just think its a bit sad and pathetic that people cannot wait a few days, and as Rdkopper says, make a proper judgement of the finished article in perfect quality. Some people just have no patience at all. If the finished article sucks, then that's fine. We'd have given it chance. But people passing judgement on some ropey download is fallible. You only have to wait a few more hours!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:49 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
I condem every person who has been downloading it illegally. You people are contributing to the music industry going the way it is.
How is people downloading something and then buying it contributing to the music industry the way it is? They're actually saying they'll buy the record anyway. I'd say they're helping record companies make money all based upon the leak, so what difference does it make? The people that don't like it won't buy it either, just like what would happen would a download not be available.

But I reckon you've got every single b-side originally as well, just like everyone else who has an MP3 of Fields Of Fire or the original studio version of Starting All Over Again on their hard drive despite it only having been released on special editions in 1995 and 1992.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

How is people downloading something and then buying it contributing to the music industry the way it is? They're actually saying they'll buy the record anyway. I'd say they're helping record companies make money all based upon the leak, so what difference does it make? The people that don't like it won't buy it either, just like what would happen would a download not be available.

But I reckon you've got every single b-side originally as well, just like everyone else who has an MP3 of Fields Of Fire or the original studio version of Starting All Over Again on their hard drive despite it only having been released on special editions in 1995 and 1992.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Actually I have but I couldn't give a crap if you don't believe me. I PURCHASED These Days Special Edition in 1996 with Fields Of Fire on, owned very CD single released in the UK until circa 2005 when Bon Jovi's CD singles were shite with 1 live track of the same song.

And haven't you just said you've downloaded it but won't buy it? Guaranteed you won't be the only one. Get off your high horse.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:05 PM
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
Actually I have but I couldn't give a crap if you don't believe me. I PURCHASED These Days Special Edition in 1996 with Fields Of Fire on, owned very CD single released in the UK until circa 2005 when Bon Jovi's CD singles were shite with 1 live track of the same song.

And haven't you just said you've downloaded it but won't buy it? Guaranteed you won't be the only one. Get off your high horse.
It's not a matter of me questioning as to whether you do own the stuff you say you own. Even if you did buy everything released in the U.K. there's still stuff out there that was never released in your country, yet I am pretty sure of you downloaded. Starting All Over Again was never released on CD in the U.K., for instance.

And yeah, I said I downloaded it but won't buy it. Because I think it's shit. I wouldn't have bought it would I not have downloaded it either. This makes no difference to the current situation of record companies and sales going down the drain. I am sure there's people that will download it, keep it, listen to it yet won't buy it, but you won't find them on a Bon Jovi messageboard. Therefore condemning people on here is rather pointless.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Why the hell should I feel ashamed not buying the new album when a concert ticket costs £80+? They're more or less adding the cost of three CDs onto the price of a normal stadium show.

The cheeky ****ers should be glad we can't pirate the live shows somehow.

Tags
what about now