Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Where is the real Bon jovi?

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 03-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Runaway

Default Where is the real Bon jovi?

Ok, I have been a massive Bon jovi fan since for 25 years , but the last 10 years the quality of Bon jovi releases has been going downhill.

I was really looking forward to this album but I have to say I'm completely disappointed again.
I consider these days the pinnacle of jovi's career and I would put this latest album as one of their worst .
I played this album then played these days straight after, the difference is night and day .
I honestly like every song on the these days album and never skip any, but every album since I've noticed the quality drops.
I would say there are 3 on this album worth keeping , the rest are complete filler , where is the quality control?

Bounce is probably there best effort of recent times , each album since has had a couple of gems but most are average at very best. is this really good enough?

I think one of the biggest problems is Jon's vocal range is shot , I don't know if its smoking or just not looking after his voice but everything sounds like he's on autopilot never pushing it and keeping in his lower register .
He stil sounds good ,but think about my guitar lies bleeding in my arms , the key change lifts the song onto a different level , Jon just can't do this anymore and this is affecting the way the songs are written .

What has happened to the songwriting ? Jon and richie used to write songs that would grab you , full of emotion and storytelling .

That's what the water made me is a good song
I'm with you is good
What about now is good , and then it's average all the way .

When Jon sings have we got it anymore ? I would have to say ... I'm not sure .
Bon jovi are still capable of good things but have left me disappointed again

Old 03-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbigp View Post
Ok, I have been a massive Bon jovi fan since for 25 years , but the last 10 years the quality of Bon jovi releases has been going downhill.

I was really looking forward to this album but I have to say I'm completely disappointed again.
I consider these days the pinnacle of jovi's career and I would put this latest album as one of their worst .
I played this album then played these days straight after, the difference is night and day .
I honestly like every song on the these days album and never skip any, but every album since I've noticed the quality drops.
I would say there are 3 on this album worth keeping , the rest are complete filler , where is the quality control?

Bounce is probably there best effort of recent times , each album since has had a couple of gems but most are average at very best. is this really good enough?

I think one of the biggest problems is Jon's vocal range is shot , I don't know if its smoking or just not looking after his voice but everything sounds like he's on autopilot never pushing it and keeping in his lower register .
He stil sounds good ,but think about my guitar lies bleeding in my arms , the key change lifts the song onto a different level , Jon just can't do this anymore and this is affecting the way the songs are written .

What has happened to the songwriting ? Jon and richie used to write songs that would grab you , full of emotion and storytelling .

That's what the water made me is a good song
I'm with you is good
What about now is good , and then it's average all the way .

When Jon sings have we got it anymore ? I would have to say ... I'm not sure .
Bon jovi are still capable of good things but have left me disappointed again

Strange isnt it...i think this is the best album by far since These Days, I have to say when i first heard These Days i didnt think it would turn out to be a great album that it was and is....shoot me but i think i prefer What about now on the fist few listens over These days when i first listened....not saying i will end up liking it as much...but.....im loving it at the moment.

All about opinions though.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Jovi FANatic

They lost it, they are done. With albums like What About Now, their legacy is going downhill. Forget the Hall of Fame, they will never join it.

Unfortunately they can't make decent albums like other veteran acts (David Bowie, Springsteen, Thom Yorke, Noel Gallagher, Dave Grohl, Pearl Jam, U2, etc).

I won't be sad if they called it a day, because they have been on a downward spiral as a live act since years ago. Leave it to the most legendary actively recording and touring band left: U2.

Last edited by SexxAtraxxion; 03-10-2013 at 08:45 PM..
Old 03-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion View Post
They lost it, they are done. With albums like What About Now, their legacy is going downhill. Forget the Hall of Fame, they will never join it.

Unfortunaly they can't make decent albums like other veteran acts (David Bowie, Springsteen, Thom Yorke, Noel Gallagher, Dave Grohl, Pearl Jam, U2, etc).

I won't be sad if they called it a day, because they have been on a downward spiral as a live act since years ago. Leave it to the most legendary actively recording and touring band left: U2.
seriously?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:

Unfortunately they can't make decent albums like other veteran acts (David Bowie, Springsteen, Thom Yorke, Noel Gallagher, Dave Grohl, Pearl Jam, U2, etc).

"Decent albums" certainly doesn't match the last albums by U2 or Springsteen. My guess is that you should go back to listening Barbara Streisand pal
Old 03-10-2013, 08:55 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Newton View Post
seriously?
It's been 3 years of over dramatic wording from him. Settle in.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
seriously?
Yeah.

Bon Jovi were my first favorite band and I will never get bored of their classic records. But they don't excite me anymore.

They had brief moments in the last decade with decent songs, loved It's My Life, Misunderstood, HAND (just to name a few), at the time. But I have no plans on getting the new album.

On the other hand, I'd be really happy if they released another box set or live album (Hammersmith 90?).
Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
"Decent albums" certainly doesn't match the last albums by U2 or Springsteen. My guess is that you should go back to listening Barbara Streisand pal
U2's No Line on the Horizon is weak compared their previous efforts, but not that bad. I still believe they can make another great record. They are working on a new one and they promise it won't disappoint. Late 2013/2014 with new album and colossal tour: Bono and co. will blow your mind, mark my words.

Springsteen's new album slays, I can't believe you didn't like it. To me it's his first album since Born in the U.S.A. with no filler tracks. Most of the fans liked it.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Strange isnt it...i think this is the best album by far since These Days, I have to say when i first heard These Days i didnt think it would turn out to be a great album that it was and is....shoot me but i think i prefer What about now on the fist few listens over These days when i first listened....not saying i will end up liking it as much...but.....im loving it at the moment.

All about opinions though.
These Days is the slowest burner of an album that they've ever made. Its timeless and was way ahead of its time. I only grew to like it 10 years ago!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Leave it to the most legendary actively recording and touring band left: U2.
Utter bollocks this band. Bonio is an absolute sham of a leading man. A complete arrogant prick to boot. Nothing has been great about this band in about 20 years.