Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Metlife Stadium - 27th July

Tour Discussion

Old 07-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Default Metlife Stadium - 27th July

Hi All,

I am going to be in the States on the 27th July in the NJ area and have been pondering about getting some tickets for the Metlife Stadium. I have had a look on Ticketmaster and the tickets are horrifically expensive and it seems that all the decent blocks are sold out completely. Does anyone know if there is a fan-to-fan ticket exchange in the States like there is Scarlet Mist in the UK? Ebay are selling tickets but they are over $1,400 for tickets in the pit or the first few blocks! How much were these tickets when they were first on sale?

Also, for anyone who has been there before - can they let me know what the view is like on the floor if you are about half way back? I am only 5'5" and don't want to have a really crap view of the stage! And are the upper levels really high?

We are also looking to stay in a hotel for the night (after the concert) - can anyone suggest a good budget hotel in the area? Perhaps in Secaucus as I believe there is a train which runs from the Metlife staight to Secausus station? Is that right?

Sorry for all the questions and would really appreciate any tips you might have.

Thanks,
Vickie

Old 07-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Blaze of Posting

1. Stubhub.com is the type of site your looking for.
2. I can still pull seats for pretty much any section on ticketmaster right now. Where are you liking for?
Old 07-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjovi View Post
Hi All,

I am going to be in the States on the 27th July in the NJ area and have been pondering about getting some tickets for the Metlife Stadium. I have had a look on Ticketmaster and the tickets are horrifically expensive and it seems that all the decent blocks are sold out completely. Does anyone know if there is a fan-to-fan ticket exchange in the States like there is Scarlet Mist in the UK? Ebay are selling tickets but they are over $1,400 for tickets in the pit or the first few blocks! How much were these tickets when they were first on sale?

Also, for anyone who has been there before - can they let me know what the view is like on the floor if you are about half way back? I am only 5'5" and don't want to have a really crap view of the stage! And are the upper levels really high?

We are also looking to stay in a hotel for the night (after the concert) - can anyone suggest a good budget hotel in the area? Perhaps in Secaucus as I believe there is a train which runs from the Metlife staight to Secausus station? Is that right?

Sorry for all the questions and would really appreciate any tips you might have.

Thanks,
Vickie
Welcome to the wonderful world of Jon the Capitalist...the tickets are outrageous here in the US.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 View Post
1. Stubhub.com is the type of site your looking for.
2. I can still pull seats for pretty much any section on ticketmaster right now. Where are you liking for?
Thanks for your response... I was looking for good seats preferably close to the stage but don't want to pay those kind of prices! Doesn't eveyone! I have had a look on Ticketmaster and I can get tickets about half way back in the stands so I think I might have to plump for those instead if I can't find anything better. Is Ticketmaster the only official ticket company in the States? In the UK we have a couple of different one.

Also, do you have any idea about hotels in the area? Just want something cheapish but safe not too far away from the stadium.

Thanks again!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjovi View Post
Thanks for your response... I was looking for good seats preferably close to the stage but don't want to pay those kind of prices! Doesn't eveyone! I have had a look on Ticketmaster and I can get tickets about half way back in the stands so I think I might have to plump for those instead if I can't find anything better. Is Ticketmaster the only official ticket company in the States? In the UK we have a couple of different one.

Also, do you have any idea about hotels in the area? Just want something cheapish but safe not too far away from the stadium.

Thanks again!
I stayed at the Hilton in Seacaucus for the NMS grand opening shows a few years back...note you can NOT walk to/from the show. Also- if you want to gamble it, wait on tickets, keep searching Ticketmaster because pretty much every show (immediately after the stage is built) they release more tickets and often some prime seats. And yes- Stubhub.com is a reputable broker site.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:50 PM
Disillusioned Diehard
The Distance

Ticketmaster is the only direct source for tickets for these shows (other than the fan club). We don't generally have multiple sources like in the UK. Any other links you find will be resale sites with varying degrees of mark-up. Generally there are ticket drops on TM in the last couple of weeks before the shows. I got pit tickets for 2 of the 4 Metlife shows in 2010 that way.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:28 AM
Disillusioned Diehard
The Distance

According to some posts I've seen on Facebook, floor tickets are dropping for the Thursday show.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slakk View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of Jon the Capitalist...the tickets are outrageous here in the US.
Indeed, Work for the working man (If he wants good tickets to my show)

Also, if you don't mind gambling a little, you can always find tickets outside the venue on the day of the show offered by scalpers/regular folks looking to unload extra tix and usually at a loss as showtime draws near. With this being a stadium gig there will be lots of tickets to be had.
I hardly ever buy tickets to anything ahead of time anymore and always score good tickets at good prices outside the venue. You just need to show up a couple hours before showtime and see what they're offering.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Suddenly

Default ebay

If you are looking for a single ticket I ran across on on ebay that someone got from the living social deal. looked like a good seat for not alot.