Re: DRY COUNTY IN SYDNEY 2008

General BJ Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Breakout

Send a message via MSN to BoNJoViAlWaYs
Default Re: DRY COUNTY IN SYDNEY 2008

Attention General and Diehard Bon Jovi Fans,

I'm a man on a mission. I'm only 23 years old (from Sydney Australia) and I've been a diehard Bon Jovi fan now since I was 16 years. I haven't had the fortune of seeing BJ for a proper live gig. The only taste I got was 45 minutes of Rumba in 2002, where I waited 14 hours at the front in the same spot to see them upclose. It was worth it. My review is on this website....http://www.drycounty.com/dyn/tourreview.html?id=1450

I've (as well as many Aussie fans) have had to ensure the heartache of watching Bon Jovi go through tour after tour since These Days 1995-1996 and not coming to Australia on a proper tour. 12 YEARS!!! It's hard because I cannot put into words the impact that Bon Jovi's music has had on my life. I have pretty much lived in Bon Jovi's music since 2000 and their music (songs like these days, something to believe in, dry county, santa fe) has just been like a mysterious injection that has provided the lift for me at key points in my life and has helped me to get to where I am now. I can honestly say their music has somewhat hyponotised me and is like a drug. It's a positive/good obession. Anyway, i dont want to sit here and talk about my life story lol.

The point is that for the Aussie fans, and especially die hard fans like me, we deserve to receive something special from the band when they hit Aussie shores in January 2008. Its been a long time. It's a dream come drue for me and I'm still shellshocked that they are coming. At one point, I had lost hope they would ever return to Australia. I have premium tickets for the Sydney Concert and will endevour to go to the Melbourne concert as well, as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and one which deserves such measures, as I cannot emphasise what this band's music has done to me personally (im sure there are people out there like me- its a global disease).

My dream is that Bon Jovi play DRY COUNTY in Sydney on 21st January 2008. That would be the ultimate after all these years of dreaming and waiting. I would pay any price just to hear that song live as it the ultimate song for diehard BJ fans and is really the ultimate life story telling song that takes you to another world when listening to it live. I need not say any more as I'm sure all of you understand what I'm talking about. This is not unrealistic request because after finding out they played it on the 2006 Europeran and US HAND tour (whereby i literally fainted when I found out), I'm confident the band can (and hopefully will) unleash it again in Sydney.

Therefore, I ask ALL AUSSIE BON JOVI FANS (and anyone else who wants to join in this mission) to send as many requests to BJ management, website and anywhere where the band will see, listen, hear, watch to get the message across (bombard them). Richie said recently: "By the time we get to Australia it (the setlist) will probably change. The fans should get on our website, tell us what they want to hear. We definitely read that stuff. It's an ever-changing set list. There are a lot of albums; there are songs we want to do this time. If a fan makes a request from a site, we'll definitely look into it."

I ask you all from the bottom of my heart to help make this dream comes true.

Thanks for listening and please join in the mission. Do whatever you can to make this reality. AUSSIE FANS DESERVE IT.

Keep the faith,

Daniel

Old 11-14-2007, 04:42 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I'm closing this because it's also in the Tour Forum.