Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Special Editions 2010 - origins of the live songs

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 11-10-2010, 01:02 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcj28 View Post
The Roulette thing surprises me because I used to have a recording of both KISS' s and Bon Jovi from the Ipswich show.
I only have the Bon Jovi show. Most notable difference is the Richie's counting "one, two, three, four" which he does not do at the Ipswich show for some reason. Another is that we can hear Jon saying "This is for you guys, it is called Roulette" and the song starts immediately. There is some audience noise before it on the SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfan View Post
I think you will run yourself ragged trying to figure out the EXACT show for every performance. It's kinda interesting having the mystery.
I'm information hunter

I'm just pissed off that they dare to say the songs are from eg SWW albums and put there a recording 22 later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinfan View Post
This has been established multiple times. It's either that, or the intro on the song was edited out of the video. I thought it was cool to hear how the song originated. It is one of my favorites off of that album, but I'm one of the black sheep who love most of the album.
It is definitely one of the better songs on Bounce. Unfortunately it is too overproduced and too dependent on the loops and samples. Ehm sampled second guitar is not a good thing.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights

Old 11-10-2010, 01:22 AM
It's my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
I'm information hunter

I'm just pissed off that they dare to say the songs are from eg SWW albums and put there a recording 22 later.
Me too, but when you think about it, how many soundboard recordings of those songs do they have from that era that we don't? Nowadays they keep every show (I assume), back then they didn't. At least they kept it unreleased. It would've been better if it didn't say "Live from the Slippery When Wet Era" in bold lettering on the back.
Quote:
It is definitely one of the better songs on Bounce. Unfortunately it is too overproduced and too dependent on the loops and samples. Ehm sampled second guitar is not a good thing.
When it comes to studio recordings, I don't mind the loops and samples. I just figure that they can program it into Dave's keyboard. It makes the song complete, no matter how some would disagree. However, this song is quite dependent on it. What I don't like is when they make Jon's voice sound like an AM Radio or really far away. That's pushing it to the limit.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Jovi Addict

Sorry to push this discussion again, but I got my Crush, New Jersey, Keep The Faith and These Days Special Editions this week, cause they were 5€ each on Amazon.de.

Well, what I wanted to say is that I really think Just Older is from 2005-2006 time. Although Jon's vocals seem to be a bit too strong for this time I thought it's gotta be from there cause you can clearly hear Dave and Jeff Kazee play Keys.

There's a piano (both handed) and an organ playing simultaneously, which is clearly an indication for the HAND tour, or was Kazee still with them on the LH tour?

Or is it even from 2004 Borgata show? (Wonder if it was played there?)
Old 01-11-2011, 07:50 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantasian View Post
Sorry to push this discussion again, but I got my Crush, New Jersey, Keep The Faith and These Days Special Editions this week, cause they were 5€ each on Amazon.de.

Well, what I wanted to say is that I really think Just Older is from 2005-2006 time. Although Jon's vocals seem to be a bit too strong for this time I thought it's gotta be from there cause you can clearly hear Dave and Jeff Kazee play Keys.

There's a piano (both handed) and an organ playing simultaneously, which is clearly an indication for the HAND tour, or was Kazee still with them on the LH tour?

Or is it even from 2004 Borgata show? (Wonder if it was played there?)
Isnt Older one of those songs where Dave does both? I know there are some songs where Dave is able to play two parts at once and stand awkwardly. Sleep when Im dead being one of them.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Isnt Older one of those songs where Dave does both? I know there are some songs where Dave is able to play two parts at once and stand awkwardly. Sleep when Im dead being one of them.
Yeah that's true. He does that again since the Hand tour.

But there are two reasons I thought this can't be Dave only:

a) the organ in this version is quite prominent in the mix and sounds different to the organ-sound Dave uses usually.
b) in the calm part of the song you can hear Dave clearly play piano both handed. He wouldn't be able to play these organ licks while doing this. He'd need a third hand
Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantasian View Post
Yeah that's true. He does that again since the Hand tour.

But there are two reasons I thought this can't be Dave only:

a) the organ in this version is quite prominent in the mix and sounds different to the organ-sound Dave uses usually.
b) in the calm part of the song you can hear Dave clearly play piano both handed. He wouldn't be able to play these organ licks while doing this. He'd need a third hand
Just listened to the version we're talking about. You're clearly correct, my bad.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Livin' on a Post

Just finished to register all albums in the vault.

I got to say, this time I really like what Obie did with this songs.
Richie´s guitar on Raise your hands it´s on the top of the mixing, it´s on vocals level.
And the same to Hey God, it´s one of the most powerfull version that I got and the mix is great again.

Good job this time
09/26/2013 - Velez Sarsfield Stadium - Buenos Aires
07/08/2016 - Tom Brasil, Sao Paulo (RS show)

@emiliano_fran
Old 01-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Jovi FANatic

A question about the live version of Any Other Day. Did they edit it out, or did Richie not play the a solo during the "jam" during some of the shows? It just seems odd that Bobby, Lorenza, and David would get turns but not Richie.
April 24th, 2009 at The Joint, Las Vegas, Nevada
February 20th, 2010, Key Arena, Seattle, Washington
March 6th, 2010 at MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada
March 25th, 2011 at Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
March 26th, 2011 at Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
October 2nd, 2013 at Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
Old 01-12-2011, 06:35 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Northern Cowboy View Post
A question about the live version of Any Other Day. Did they edit it out, or did Richie not play the a solo during the "jam" during some of the shows? It just seems odd that Bobby, Lorenza, and David would get turns but not Richie.
Later on in the tour Richie's end solo was cut out - he simply didn't play it anymore.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:20 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry View Post
Later on in the tour Richie's end solo was cut out - he simply didn't play it anymore.
Ahh ok. I wonder why?
April 24th, 2009 at The Joint, Las Vegas, Nevada
February 20th, 2010, Key Arena, Seattle, Washington
March 6th, 2010 at MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada
March 25th, 2011 at Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
March 26th, 2011 at Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
October 2nd, 2013 at Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC