Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

wooo wooo wooo Rock in Rio! (Paul McCartney)

Other Bands

Old 05-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Wild*Angel
Price of posting

Send a message via MSN to Rakel
Default wooo wooo wooo Rock in Rio! (Paul McCartney)

wooo wooo wooo Rock in Rio!

well, i've never written a review before, so i probably suck at it lol i am gona try anyway. im going to talk more about the festival itself than the paul maccartney show... firstly i want to say that i never thought i could go because i could not pay 53€ for each ticket, and i was very lucky. one afternoon the last week my mum called to a tv show that we're offering tickets and the next day they called her telling she had won two. my thoughts: "woohoooooo!!" her thoughts: "oh my god, what have i done?!". we only got the tickets on 27th May, the show was on 28th... i was starting to think it was just a joke. anyway we finally got them, and the next day we went there (not too excited about paul maccartney to be honest) but we wanted to have a look at the whole thing. right outside the subway there were two persons from the organization to give us directions in case we didn't know. then on all the way there was police agents to control the selling of unauthorized tickets. after that loooooong way to get to the entrance we had to open our bags, show everything inside and take the caps of any bottle we had (potential agressive material). oh and another thing, they said everyowhere no one could take their own cameras, i called the organization myself cause i wanted to take some decent pics and they said any kind of camera were not allowed in... ok, i left mine at home (first thing i didnt like, but ok...) when we finally got in, after showing our tickets to God-knows-how-many people we finally got in. first thing i thought: "the place is big, but its not as huge as they paint it". right at the entrance were more people from the organization selling Rock in Rio cameras (10€) "Ahh... right, i see... people have to leave their cameras at home, then want to take pictures, one more way to get money, ok, lets have one" after that we started to walk around the place, there were mini-hospitals in each corner. first thing ive done was going right to the place where they were selling the official items, to get some souvenirs for me and my friends. 4 key-keepers and 1 pin (5€ each). "Lets stop from here" i thought. tshirts were 25€, but just to show off ive been there!? no way, thanks. then we had to change our money for tickets, 1 € = 1 rock, so we could buy food and drinks (sandwish 3 rocks, water 1 rock, other drinks 2 rocks...) after that we went for a "little" walk around, i remember thinking its like a camping park, really nice and quiet... then started the teints and the mini shopping, there was a place to take pictures in front of the world stage, on another teint they were painting peoples hair pink, and making temporary tatoos lol then the better world teint, ive been 20 minutes or so there, someone i don't know who was playing but i liked it, the electronic teint was kinda open, just with very loud music and bars to sell beer all around it, thats near the shopping. there was another teint but i didnt see it... then we sat on the the floor, left side facing the stage... eating and drinking and waiting for the show, watching some guys flying over our heads... lol but of course after drinking alot, usually people need to go to the bathroom, and we're no different. the "bathrooms" were nothing more than dirty, disgusting sinks. or better - holes, with no flushing cistern... so we had to do it where other people have done it already... YACK!!!! thats the only thing that failed big time, i dont know what were in they're minds... in my opinion its one of the most important things, a clean bathroom!! i was affraid to get some desiese an that sh*t!! i just remember thinking i had to wait other 5 or 6 hours to get home. thank god i had eaten before that, cause i could not eat after seeing something like that! well, we tried to forget it (and don't drink much more water) and sat again waiting for the show to begin... and i started to look around and seeing CAMERAS!! not rock in rio cameras, personal one! i could not believe!! i was completelly pissed off all night because of that!! 9.30h(the time it should have started), still nothing... i dont remember the right time, but after sometime we saw a big show of light and dance to open the concerts in the world stage. and after that, with a full massive crowd, paul maccartney entered the stage under the mainly 45 to 60 years old people delirium. 3 hours of show, more than 30 songs, an amazing performance - not much more to see. only beeing there you realize the greatness of the show.
here's the setlist:

Jet
Got To Get You Into My Life
Flaming Pie
All My Loving
Let Me Roll It
You Won't See Me
She's A Woman
Maybe I'm Amazed
Long And Winding Road
In Spite Of All The Danger
Blackbird
We Can Work It Out
Here Today
All Things Must Pass
Follow The Sun
For No One
Calico Skies
I've Just Seen A Face
Eleanor Rigby
Drive My Car
Penny Lane
Get Back
Band On the Run
Back in the USSR
Live and Let Die
I've Got a Feeling
Lady Madonna
Hey Jude

ENCORES
Yesterday
Let it Be
Saw Her Standing There

MORE ENCORES
Helter Skelter
Sgt. Peppe

and some pictures (crap - 3, 4 and 5 taken by me):
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

he tried to speak portuguese lol and he did it very well actually, much better than the other members of the band that tried some words and i didnt understand a thing lol he also cried while singing a song dedicated to john lennon... some curiosites: he asked for 250 towels to his cabinet, it had to be full of roses and the stage had to be completelly in black.
at some time the whole stage was set on fire and at the end of the show there was a rain of confetis all over the crowd and fireworks above the stage. we tried to get out as soon as possible, and it was really easy there were LOTS of people walking the same way: the subway. all the way were people selling unofficial items, so i bought a tshirt (10€) and a paul maccartney poster(2€). when we finally got near the subway i chocked: an huge row of people and the police men at the entrance just letting in some people from time to time. i thought i would have to wait hours cause no one had tickets, they would have to buy them, it would take time, but they let everyone in, no one payed and it was better that way, not only because of the money...
i got home around 3am, tired from walking and dancing, but not exhausted as i thought i would be. it was nice, i'd like to repeat the experience, speacially 30th may and 4th june, but i know it wont happen so im happy just with this

oh, and the pictures, the 10€ f*cking camera was ace!! the only ones that turned out ok was the ones taken at day light and the ones taken to the plasmas on the stage grrrrrrrrr

Old 05-30-2004, 06:14 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

You lucky bastard ! I wish I had been there. This actually was the show I did regret not seeing this year. You had a great setlist, about 13 new songs he did not play on his last tour and a few rarities ! I really hope I'm able to see him this tour though I think I won't. Thanks for sharing !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 05-30-2004, 06:34 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to allmike Send a message via Yahoo to allmike

Your so lucky :P . i wish i would there. I wish i would to day conert at all.

Great reviw, i like it.
The Christmas tree, I wish I was the star that went on top
I wish I was the evidence, I wish I was the grounds
For 50 million hands upraised and open toward the sky
Old 05-30-2004, 10:56 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via Yahoo to joviangel92

I´m gonna see Paul next Friday & when i see the setlist i´ll just hope he won´t change very much....i´m really happy to see him!!!
Old 05-31-2004, 12:29 PM
Keep the Faith

It's amazing that so many classics (Michelle, Can't Buy Me Love etc.) can be removed from a setlist, and still the show looks ace.

I trust the band were as good as usual- Abe is the best drummer around today. The stage looks good, again looks better than the Driving Rain/Back In The World Tour.

Now, must find some bootlegs.....

The Bon Jovi Bootleg Videos Site- Work In Progress
Old 05-31-2004, 04:14 PM
Destination any Forum

OOOHHHHH ****!!!!!!!! Now you really made me regret I didn´t buy a ticket to see his show at Helsinki Olympic Stadium this June...
Old 06-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Destination any Forum

I got a ticket to the Helsinki show.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:57 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via Yahoo to joviangel92

You won´t regret it. The show last Friday in Leipzig was just amazing.. He did the same setlist as at Rock in Rio except Sgt. Pepper. Wish to see him again...
Old 06-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Destination any Forum

I hope so!!! Can´t wait. I saw Bruce two times last summer and was stunned...I hope for the same now.

Tags
paul mccartney