Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

New Van Halen Album in 2015

Other Bands

Old 12-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Livin' on a Post

Default New Van Halen Album in 2015

During a recent interview on SiriusXM, David Lee Roth revealed that Van Halen are in the early stages of working on a new album, and audio of the session is available.

"I was up at (guitarist) Edward (Van Halen)'s house, maybe three days ago - just before I came here to the city - and we're starting to put music together," Roth told Ozzy's Boneyard host Jim Florentine. "Not to give away exactly what the package will be, it's gonna be about 18 months, I think."

"We start way, way, way in advance, 'cause we are eminently art-centric, which is a really fancy way of saying we really do generate all the artwork, the graphics, etc.," he continued.

"We don't hire out and have somebody design a bunch of album covers for us and then choose.... we start from scratch ourselves. Same thing with the merchandise - if you buy a t-shirt, that was designed, literally, in my living room. On and on... stage design, lighting rig, putting the show together - it takes about a year and a half, 18 months, because any idea that you have is 85 phone calls. Anybody can go, 'I got an idea, it's a stage that's shaped like, uh, like a square on top of a circle'. Great, my question never was, 'were you able to dream up a stage design', my question is, 'are you prepared to do the 87 phone calls that are about to follow now, to make sure it came out the way we decided'. And then there's another 80 phone calls that are gonna follow that because we have to figure out how to take the f**kin' thing apart and put it in the trucks and buses. And, and, and. So if you really want to generate the ideas from scratch and bring them all the way to the finish, you're gonna have to learn a few other languages, and you're gonna have to speak those over a lot of extra phone calls. And that's usually the break point for most artists.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/Dec...l#.Upy6hCdv6UQ
When I bet all that I had on you"

Izod Center, East Rutherford NJ, December 22 2005
Giants Stadium, East Rutherford NJ, July 28 2001

Old 12-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Livin' on a Post

Meant to post this on the other bands section, my bad.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:15 AM
Livin' on a Post

I'm very happy to hear this. A different kind of truth was an awesome album and I'm very anxious to hear how they follow up.

It's an awesome time to be an 80's hard rock fan. \m/

Old 07-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Livin' on a Post

A photo of Eddie Van Halen visiting a mastering studio in Los Angeles has surfaced, fueling speculation about possible activity in the Van Halen camp.

“Eddie Van Halen came by to visit Howie at his studio,” read the post on the Facebook page of the Howie Weinberg Mastering Studio.

Weinberg mastered Van Halen’s 2012 album, “A Different Kind Of Truth.” The world renowned mastering engineer’s resume includes 4 Grammy nominations, 4 TEC Awards, over 3000 releases, 200 Gold Records and an estimated quarter of a billion records sold.

Earlier this year, reports indicated the band were actively working on new music.

In February, Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti confirmed activity when he was asked about new music from his solo project, Tremonti – which now includes bassist Wolfgang Van Halen.

"With Wolfgang in the band now,” said the guitarist “he does a lot of work with Van Halen right now, they're putting together a new album, so it's going to be hard to get everybody's schedules to line up."

Asked if Wolfgang has revealed much about how the new Van Halen material sounds,Tremonti replied, “You know, he doesn't. He just says, 'Yeah, sounds great, man. Sounds great.'”

A few months ago, frontman David Lee Roth revealed that he had been working on a secret Van Halen project.

“Doing some catching up here, a little bit of a scrapbook,” said the singer. “We’ve been doing a lot of travelling. [I’ve been] working on a great Van Halen project - can’t announce anything … or I’d have to come find you and swear you to secrecy.”

At press time, there remains no official word from the Van Halen camp regarding an update on new music or further details about the project Roth referred to earlier this year.

http://www.hennemusic.com/2014/07/ne...n-horizon.html

Old 07-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Livin' on a Post

Guitarist John 5 is sharing an update on the status of a new David Lee Roth solo album.

Currently playing in Rob Zombie’s band, John 5 landed his big break when he teamed with the Van Halen singer for 1998’s “DLR Band” project.

"[Dave and I] just made another record, and it's, like, the 'California Sessions', [Dave] was calling it,” John 5 tells Mitch Lafon. “And it's 11 of the greatest songs you'll ever hear, and it's just me and Dave, and we had Gregg Bissonette play drums on it. And it's unbelievable. There's a song called 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow Bar & Grill'. And you know, just great, great songs. And hopefully sometime it'll see the light of day. But he's, of course, busy with Van Halen and all that stuff. But it's an incredible record."

"[The new album with Roth] was made not too long ago — like, probably, maybe, a year and a half ago or something like that,” he continued. “'Cause I always go over to his house and we write music and things like that. It's a lot of fun. They're all original songs. I would just go over to his house during the day and write this music and then he would book the studio at night. So we would go into A&M Studios — Henson Studios, it's called now — and we'd record. And it's so great. I mean, it sounds like just Dave from that 'Van Halen I' or 'II' or 'Women And Children First' era, [in terms of his] singing [style], and it's incredible, man. It's really incredible. He loves it too, so maybe it'll see the light of day sometime."

http://www.hennemusic.com/2014/07/da...um-update.html