Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson Completes Cancer Treatment

Other Bands

Old 02-21-2015, 04:17 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson Completes Cancer Treatment

Quote:
Blabbermouth: British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN have released the following statement:
"Just before Christmas, MAIDEN vocalist Bruce Dickinson visited his doctor for a routine check-up. This led to tests and biopsies which revealed a small cancerous tumour at the back of his tongue.

"A seven-week course of chemotherapy and radiology treatment was completed yesterday. As the tumor was caught in the early stages, the prognosis thankfully is extremely good. Bruce's medical team fully expect him to make a complete recovery with the all clear envisaged by late May. It will then take a further few months for Bruce to get back to full fitness.

"In the meantime, we would ask for your patience, understanding and respect for Bruce and his family’s privacy until we update everyone by the end of May. Bruce is doing very well considering the circumstances and the whole team are very positive."
Look on the bright side -- a few more inches, and it could have been cancer of the throat...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 02-21-2015 at 07:40 AM..

Old 02-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Tokyo Road

Bruce will live to fight another day!

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Price of posting

New album recorded.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 05-17-2015, 02:37 AM
Something for the Posts

Bruce To Cancer: "Run To The Hills!"
Bruce: “I would like to thank the fantastic medical team who have been treating me for the last few months, resulting in this amazing outcome...I’d also like to send a heartfelt thanks to all our fans for their kind words and thoughts...Right now, I’m feeling extremely motivated and can’t wait to get back to business as usual, as soon as I can!”

Manager Rod Smallwood:
“...Although Bruce is naturally eager to resume Maiden activities, it will take a while before he is completely back to full strength...the band will not be touring or playing any shows until next year...Meanwhile, I’d like to echo Bruce’s words and thank all Maiden fans...I appreciate all your positive support.”

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-04-2015 at 09:27 PM..
Old 05-17-2015, 04:35 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Bruce To Cancer: "Run To The Hills!"

Bruce: “I would like to thank the fantastic medical team who have been treating me for the last few months, resulting in this amazing outcome...I’d also like to send a heartfelt thanks to all our fans for their kind words and thoughts...Right now, I’m feeling extremely motivated and can’t wait to get back to business as usual, as soon as I can!”

Manager Rod Smallwood:
“...Although Bruce is naturally eager to resume Maiden activities, it will take a while before he is completely back to full strength...the band will not be touring or playing any shows until next year...Meanwhile, I’d like to echo Bruce’s words and thank all Maiden fans...I appreciate all your positive support.”
Read this on my Facebook feed. Great news! Bruce is the complete performer and seems like a great guy. Loved The Final Frontier and hope more of the same for the next album!
Old 09-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Something for the Posts

Default UPDATE: Dickinson Says Resistant HPV Virus Caused Cancer

Quote:
InsideHeavy.com: Dickinson revealed that HPV, the human papilloma virus, was the cause of his tongue cancer diagnosis in December 2014. It goes without saying that this type of cancer is spread through the performance of oral sex.

“One or two things are still healing up on the inside,” he explained. “But I’ve had a bit of a singsong, and stuff seems to work...

“I had two tumors — one golf ball-sized one in my tongue, and I had another one the size of a large strawberry...in the lymph node in the right side of my neck...I thought, ‘Hmm, am I getting a cold? Am I getting some sort of bug, or what’s going on?’ But it didn’t go down, and it... wasn’t squishy...like normal soft tissue...(T)hat was the giveaway...

"And, so, looking at other guys’ experiences and clinical reports, you find out that, wow, this thing is really prevalent and lots and lots of guys. They don’t know a huge amount about why...some guys get an HPV infection that doesn’t go away, ’cause they normally just go away. But in some guys over forty, it doesn’t.

"(E)verybody makes the jokes about...oral sex...(W)e need to get over that one, guys, because this is kind of serious. There’s hundreds of thousands of people at risk for this. And guys should know, if you get a lump here, and you’re over forty, don’t just assume antibiotics will get rid of it. Go and properly get it checked out. It’s important.”
Good show, Bruce! But too bad Inside Heavy didn't get the message. While I'm sure that originally naming this article Dickinson Says Oral Sex Caused Cancer got them lots of "extra eyeballs," it's untrue, and even worse, misinforming.

Quote:
IRON MAIDEN‘s new album, “The Book Of Souls”, will be released on September 4 through BMG in the U.S.A. (Parlophone Records in the rest of world). Touring plans to support the album wouldn’t happen until 2016...

Last edited by rocknation; 01-14-2016 at 08:30 PM..
Old 12-16-2015, 05:47 AM
Something for the Posts

Blabbermouth.net:
POISON drummer Rikki Rockett recently completed nine rounds of chemotherapy and seven weeks of radiation after being diagnosed with oral cancer this past summer. The 54-year-old rocker will undergo a PET scan in February to determine if the treatment was successful.

...Rockett said..."[In] June...I had this horrible cold, sore-throat thing, and they were scoping me and they were doing biopsies, and nothing was coming up...(I)t was is a tumor at the base of my tongue… This is very similar to Bruce Dickinson [IRON MAIDEN], very similar to [actor] Michael Douglas, similar to Tom Hamilton [AEROSMITH], as far as I know..."

Rockett also revealed that his tongue cancer diagnosis was caused by HPV, the human papilloma virus..."It is the number one leading cause of oral cancer these days...It can be spread sexually, but now they're saying that it can spread [through] deep-kissing and actually hand to mouth...I have a friend that's a therapist, and five years ago, it was five percent of the people she treated, and now it's close to ninety percent."

DEVIL CITY ANGELS, the band originally formed by Rockett, Tracii Guns (L.A GUNS), Eric Brittingham (CINDERELLA), and vocalist Brandon Gibbs, released its self-titled debut album on September 18.

Last edited by rocknation; 12-17-2015 at 12:02 AM..