Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Seasick Steve?

Other Bands

Old 08-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Blaze of Posting

Default Seasick Steve?

this man is the definition of coolness...anyone a fan? anyone seen live? anyone knows more about him?

Old 08-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

According to a good mate of mine, who knows everything about music that's possible to know, Seastick Steven used to live next to Kurt Cobain. When Nirvana slaughtered all good music and hit the big time, Steve asked Kurt if he could put in a good name for him to the big boys upstairs. Kurt denied, I can't remember why, or if there was even a reason.

And that's all I know I'm afraid.

I've been meaning to check him out (his music I mean, he's a good looking chap but not really my type) for quite a while, I'll give that link a look in a minute and see what I think
Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Something for the Posts

I know him through his appearances on Later... With Jools Holland and I also saw the last couple of songs from his set when he supported Bruce (or was it Neil Young?) at Hyde Park. He's a skilled bluesman, but I have yet to buy any of his albums.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Blaze of Posting

Right - I know last time around this wasn't so successful.

Seasick Steve is one of those guys that an ex-girlfriend introduced me to years and years ago....

have seen him life about 2 years ago and he kicked my ass up and down the street. John Paul Jones played bass for the entire show and overall, it was one of the finest displays of music I have witnessed in recent year.

He's back with a new album Hubcap Music. All available on Spotify obviously. Anyone cared to listen to it?

It's typical Seasick Steve and sounds like anything else he's ever recorded. Not better, not worse, not different. Just good old' school hobo blues. He's a bit like AC/DC really....just recording this boogie sound of his and kickin' ass with it.

The ex is long gone (mind you am seeing her on Thursday for a couple of drinks), Steve is still here...and he rocks like only a handful of other people do!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Price of posting

not my kinda thang
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 08-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

I have slowly been picking up some audio and video on dime and this guy finally got to me. Yes, he is low key, no screaming, no pyrotechnics but just solid blues. And yes, JPJ is a draw for me considering that no one has touched Led Zeppelin yet in my pantheon of rock gods.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Dry County

I've seen some video of his when part of shows were broadcasted from the festival he was playing on here in Holland back in 2009. The same festival as Bruce was performing at. His songs do nothing for me but he seems to be incredible populair with the audiences.

I salute you,
TS