Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Voice performance

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-25-2020, 05:49 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default The Voice performance

We're gonna use this thread so if people want to keep talking about The Voice performance please do it here, it's gone off the rails and no longer really applies to the new album discussion.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:57 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
It is also impossible,that they play live together from their houses because of the delay of the streamings.
That's not always how these are made. So many people are debating this and have no idea how they are recorded.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:21 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
That's not always how these are made. So many people are debating this and have no idea how they are recorded.
Yeah, as I've explained in my other posts, the parts are all recorded seperately and them mixed together via video/audio editing software. But it's a very simple process. The delay makes it impossible to do live.

Quote:
I want to move on and this to be done but.....computer nerds? It's recording audio. In a studio. Like they do for a living. I'm all for admitting we don't know the behind the scenes of how the decision was made if you're ready to admit you don't quite now how these videos work and are just hoping they tried their best. If you record music for a living you don't need a computer nerd to figure this out and if you're in a major rock band with a hundred people at your disposal, they do this stuff and it's easy. Please let's move on.
Yup. Albums are literally made on computers these days!

Last edited by Thinny; 05-25-2020 at 07:26 PM..
Old 05-25-2020, 08:30 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Im a musician,Ive recorded a couple of albums with my band.
I recorded videos,I played live,I did playbacks,etc
I know how all those things work...
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19

Last edited by Xavi; 05-25-2020 at 08:32 PM..
Old 05-25-2020, 08:37 PM
This Post Feels Right

And that's great but you're still mistaken. There are a few ways acts are pulling this off:

1) All the members are playing at the same time aka a clusterfudge nightmare for national tv

2) Tracks recorded separately, sent to the next person and so forth (ie how they recorded It's My Life acoustic)

3) Tracks recorded separately and then mimed to (pretty sure Hugh did this for It's My Life. Fingers don't match up and not confident the bass was even plugged in). A very good chance other members did the same.

The major point being....streaming has zero to do with it because none of this is live. It's all edited ahead of time and broadcasted AFTER the fact. This has become one of those things where I don't even care anymore but just wish people would stop debating completely different points.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:11 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
And that's great but you're still mistaken. There are a few ways acts are pulling this off:

1) All the members are playing at the same time aka a clusterfudge nightmare for national tv

2) Tracks recorded separately, sent to the next person and so forth (ie how they recorded It's My Life acoustic)

3) Tracks recorded separately and then mimed to (pretty sure Hugh did this for It's My Life. Fingers don't match up and not confident the bass was even plugged in). A very good chance other members did the same.

The major point being....streaming has zero to do with it because none of this is live. It's all edited ahead of time and broadcasted AFTER the fact. This has become one of those things where I don't even care anymore but just wish people would stop debating completely different points.
What do you want me to discover now?
I know exactly how they did this!!!
In fact,its the same way a record is recorded!!
By the way, I cant see what do you pretend they should had done?
The same thing but without editing it after or what?
I cant see it.
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 05-25-2020, 11:29 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
I cant see it.
It doesn't matter what I wanted them to have done, I just preferred they put as much effort into this as other musical acts have who for some reason these rules don't apply to. People were giving the band a pass for such silly reasons, that's all I've been saying. It's shining a light on piss-poor promo and a chance to be more relevant online. I've said from the beginning it's probably because they haven't had a chance to rehearse the song and that's fine but people keep coming up with asinine reasons of why they couldn't do it.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:34 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
I cant see it.
I think you are misunderstanding the debate here, and therefore arguing a completely different point.

The band, apart from Jon mimed to the album version of the track. They did not record their parts at home and have it mixed together, like every other artist has been doing during lockdown. They pretended to play along to the album recording instead. Several people are saying that this is lazy and that they should have recorded their own parts live for this release.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:35 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
It doesn't matter what I wanted them to have done, I just preferred they put as much effort into this as other musical acts have who for some reason these rules don't apply to. People were giving the band a pass for such silly reasons, that's all I've been saying. It's shining a light on piss-poor promo and a chance to be more relevant online. I've said from the beginning it's probably because they haven't had a chance to rehearse the song and that's fine but people keep coming up with asinine reasons of why they couldn't do it.
But thats what I said a few messages back!
That I thought that they did it this way just because they havent rehearsed together maybe since January!
I admit that I mixed things and I misunderstood the debate,as Thiny says,but at the end,I think that I wanted to say the same as you.
Check if u cant remember it,but I said the same as your last sentence here.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:44 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
But thats what I said a few messages back!
That I thought that they did it this way just because they havent rehearsed together maybe since January!
I admit that I mixed things and I misunderstood the debate,as Thiny says,but at the end,I think that I wanted to say the same as you.
Check if u cant remember it,but I said the same as your last sentence here.
haha I'm in complete agreement with you. It feels like we are on the same page, it just threw me off when you mentioned live streaming and delays, sorry about that!