Home Register Members FAQ

Later Bon Jovi

General BJ Discussion

Old 10-30-2002, 12:37 AM
Dry County

Send a message via MSN to Dan
Default Later Bon Jovi

Hey everyone,
One thing that has been jumping to my attention lately is that a lot of ppl bag Bon Jovi's later work (crush and bounce). But I would like to say that I think that both are awesome!

Crush introduced a lot of new fans to Bon Jovi (Its my life played a big part in it). Tico mentioned this on the Crush DVD, and that it means that they have created something new which is really good! I love the tracks its my life, two story town, next 100 yrs, capt crash, i got the girl, One wild night, and even a little bit of say it isn't so. I really can't see wot is wrong with the album....I rate it well above these days

Bounce I feel is even better than crush, Undivided is just perfect, everyday, the distance, hook me up and bounce all rock, and misunderstood, all about loving u, right side of wrong are all really cool medium pace/slow songs.

If u ask me these albums are great and are up there with my favourites (behind KTF and NJ)!!!

Keep the faith
-Dan-

Old 10-30-2002, 12:48 AM
Tokyo Road

Yeah, I also really like Crush and Bounce. I don't see what everyone has against them. Half the people are like "Ooooooh, it's nothing like they used to be, they should go back to that", and the other half are like "Ooooooh, it's exactly the same as everything else they've ever done, why can't they do something different?" There's just no pleasing some people.....

I agree with a lot of what you said. Yeah, Crush is possibly better than These Days (although I'm not entirely sure about that one). Yep, Bounce is better than Crush, and an AMAZING album. And yeah, the later stuff is up there with the other eras. So maybe Crush and Bounce aren't KTF and NJ, but that doesn't mean they're no good.

Keep On Rockin'

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 12:51 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
I really can't see wot is wrong with the album....I rate it well above these days
These Days is a grown up rock album, Crush is a pop album for younger people. That is why lots of new 'fans' were attracted to Crush. I bet many of these people are the sort that just buy what is 'in' at the moment. Many will not even know that Bounce is out now, hence Bounce's poor performance in the charts all over the world. Crush didn't attract many new fans, just people who buy wha is currently popular.

In my opinion, they will never make an album as good as These Days. Every album up until this was better than the previous, These Days showed Bon Jovi at their peak.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:56 AM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
In my opinion, they will never make an album as good as These Days.
That's why you don't end up liking anything. I really hate that attitude. Nothing will ever be better, so you don't see how good anything afterwards really is.

Keep On Rockin'

You can play the game
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 12:56 AM
Dry County

Quote:
These Days is a grown up rock album
I aren't a huge these days fan. To me I see it as the only album where Bon Jovi weren't optimistic (which is one of the reasons why they are so good). Hence the lack of fun songs, and more down beat type of music, and this is also seen in the lyrics. To me when I compare songs from these days to the songs from KTF, KTF is in a league of its own.
But thankfully Bon Jovi turned it back around with Crush and Bounce, after these days.
Old 10-30-2002, 12:58 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Nothing will ever be better, so you don't see how good anything afterwards really is.
Thats exactly right!! and it shows with the statements that are made about Crush and Bounce, despite the albums being FANTASTIC!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 12:59 AM
Tokyo Road

Well, I have to disagree with both of you, in that on their own way, TD, KTF, Crush and Bounce are all great. Some of them aren't as great as others (KTF is absolutley in a league of it's own), but they're all great for different reasons.

Keep On Rockin'

You can play the game
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 01:02 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
That's why you don't end up liking anything. I really hate that attitude. Nothing will ever be better, so you don't see how good anything afterwards really is.
You seem to be jumping to your own crazy conclusions.

I think Crush has some very good songs (Two Storey Town, Next 100 Years and Just Older), so does Bounce (The Distance, Love Me Back To Life).

Obviously this disproves your theorem about me not liking anything after These Days. Regarding Crush and Bounce; the mountains are high, but the valleys are deep, and the Walrus is an ass.
Old 10-30-2002, 01:05 AM
Tokyo Road

What's the matter? Hurts to have someone put their own opinions up against yours? I couldn't care less what you think of me, cos you sure as hell don't want to hear what I think of you

Keep On Rockin'

You can play the game
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 01:06 AM
Dry County

Quote:
KTF is absolutley in a league of it's own
I have to agree that KTF is in a league of its own...its easily my fav album, and it seems after the success of SWW and NJ, everyone wanted another awesome BJ album......and KTF delivered in a big way!!! To me its BJ's best album, and they made it just at the right time!!! It really created an era of its own