Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Living Proof - New song snippet

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 04-29-2024, 10:54 PM
Runaway

Default Living Proof - New song snippet

I think it deserves its own thread. So, what are your thoughts about the snippet? Are you looking forward to full version?

Old 04-29-2024, 10:58 PM
Breakout

Sounds great to me
Much better than Legendary which I don't mind
Old 04-29-2024, 11:19 PM
Jovi FANatic

Where did it came from? Did I miss something?
Old 04-29-2024, 11:51 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielC View Post
Where did it came from? Did I miss something?
Came from an interview on CBS Sunday night. Its on Hulu and Disney plus if you want to watch it but other than this snippet of Living Proof there's not much. Jon says he is ready to play shows again just not necessarily tour "I'm ready to go out there and get punched in the nose again" and there were a couple of setlists from rehearsals that had a couple of the standard "rare songs" from recently like Always, Blood on Blood, These Days, When We Were Us ect. Most of it was just a 45 minute recap of the documentary
Old 04-30-2024, 12:22 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by facaXe View Post
I think it deserves its own thread. So, what are your thoughts about the snippet? Are you looking forward to full version?

I think it 100% deserves its own thread. This is the Bon Jovi song I've been waiting for.

There is something in here that is scratching that itch.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2024, 12:46 AM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by facaXe View Post

Bon Jovi - Living Proof (Snippet) * - YouTube
This song rent an apartment in my head today, just couldn't stop listening hahahaha

Great sounding, the talk box seems to fit and I liked the effect on Jon's voice in the end. Should have been released already!

Also, I'm surprised how well is this song being recieved by the community!

"I'm tired of talking about somehow
We can burn this world until you breakdown
These tattered jeans got nothing left to prove now, me and you
We are living proof"
Old 04-30-2024, 12:53 AM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litneg View Post
This song rent an apartment in my head today, just couldn't stop listening hahahaha

Great sounding, the talk box seems to fit and I liked the effect on Jon's voice in the end. Should have been released already!

Also, I'm surprised how well is this song being recieved by the community!

"I'm tired of talking about somehow
We can burn this world until you breakdown
These tattered jeans got nothing left to prove now, me and you
We are living proof"

The song seems very exciting, it aready seemed in that Forever snippet month ago with like 3 seconds of time. It's really wild how Jon (and record company probably) pick singles these days. I mean, Legendary is non-offensive as it gets and has that positive sing-along hook, but it's rather bland and elevator music. It's like releasing Welcome to wherever you are instead of HAND

If it was true that Jon doesn't care for radio hits anymore and bringing new audiences, then he wouldn't put Born to Follow, BWC, Limitless and Legendary as 1st singles. Paradoxically, I think different approach (getting best song and/or fan favourite as 1st single) would garner more positive trending from legacy fans of both band and rock music in general. But it may be that record company still makes these calls. It seems as another dissapointing decision, regardless of Legendary's apparent charting solid on some manufactured, backwater charts.

This song on the other hand immediately means something to fanbase, and also is not overly hard'n'heavy or whatever, that it wouldn't get a little bit of radio airplay. Same pattern happened with Any Other Day and Brokenpromiseland on top of my head
Old 04-30-2024, 12:55 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi_cro View Post
The song seems very exciting, it aready seemed in that Forever snippet month ago with like 3 seconds of time. It's really wild how Jon (and record company probably) pick singles these days. I mean, Legendary is non-offensive as it gets and has that positive sing-along hook, but it's rather bland and elevator music. It's like releasing Welcome to wherever you are instead of HAND

If it was true that Jon doesn't care for radio hits anymore and bringing new audiences, then he wouldn't put Born to Follow, BWC, Limitless and Legendary as 1st singles. Paradoxically, I think different approach (getting best song and/or fan favourite as 1st single) would garner more positive trending from legacy fans of both band and rock music in general. But it may be that record company still makes these calls. It seems as another dissapointing decision, regardless of Legendary's apparent charting solid on some manufactured, backwater charts.

This song on the other hand immediately means something to fanbase, and also is not overly hard'n'heavy or whatever, that it wouldn't get a little bit of radio airplay. Same pattern happened with Any Other Day and Brokenpromiseland on top of my head
Yeah I don't think those songs are being chosen because they sound like radio hits but because they sound like the band. None of them break any new ground. Feel good, rah rah, you can do it crowd sing-a-longs.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:00 AM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Yeah I don't think those songs are being chosen because they sound like radio hits but because they sound like the band. None of them break any new ground. Feel good, rah rah, you can do it crowd sing-a-longs.
Yeah, true, but that's the point perhaps. It seems really forced and safe at the same time, which is weird. I mean, take HAND example. It's really good 1st single, I remember when I was a teenager older AC/DC fans were commenting in public how that pop sellout Jovi finally has mean riff and good rock song out. I mean, it was overproduced and engineered, but good, appropriate.

They kind of went this way again with This House, but with much weaker material. Everything else feels really generic. Perhaps BWC does have some staying pop power, though I hated it when it came out.

I don't need the most aggresive hard'n'heavy song out as single. I loved Make a Memory as its' different and brave choice. Just a bit different one, little braver that falls in that 3-4.5 minute mark

Perhaps it makes more sense in North America than Europe, though. Here legacy rock market is still very strong in numerous countries
Old 04-30-2024, 01:27 AM
The Distance

I just hope it's not too "This Is Love, This Is Life"

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk